View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Batista: "Wondering if WrestleMania XXX is worth $10"

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
No superstar in the WWE is more loved than Daniel Bryan. We can agree with that can't we? I'd argue no superstar is more hated right now in the WWE then Batista!! People are actually online debating on who in 2014 should main event Wrestlemania 30 with them being the 2 superstars? Who woulda thought in 2006 that in 2014 we may actually get to see this Mania main event in 2014. Good thing I'm not a betting man because I would have bet against it. Would you have? Anyways, let's talk about Batista's "Evolution" through WWE ranks to his return:

Evolution: Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, Batista was the afterthought of the Evolution group. No one really cared about him until around Survivor Series 2004 when he teased that he may challenge HHH for the world title if he was the gm of Raw for a week. New Years Revolution, came out last demolished competition. HHH didn't break up the pin when he had the chance during the match when Batista was eliminated. Won the Royal Rumble and challenged HHH for the world title in a memorable contract signing. Beat him at Mania which was 1 of the best feuds we've seen over the past decade. Series of matches was memorable after that Mania including that Hell in a Cell.

World Champion/injury: Eddie Guerrero was telling a story his addiction was friendship. I was very interested to see the story continue to play out, but his death ended unfortunately. Sad thing about it was, in my eyes.....as far as connection with the audience along with story telling, promos, and so forth it was the best he did in his career. In any case, I enjoyed the feud with Eddie. Batista never did lose during his world title reign. He had to vacate due to injury which was the first time in a while that us wrestling fans saw that. WM22 said by WM23 he would be world champion again. He did what he said he was going to do. He faced his toughest challenge yet for the world title. The streak, Undertaker vs Batista which is what I thought should have been the main event that night. Instead it happened like the 5th match on the card which was a head scratcher. The feud and series of match with Deadman I enjoyed.

World title shots: How can you talk about Batista without talking about the amount of world title matches he had in a row? All the amount of shots he had to reclaim his world title vs Booker T which was from Summerslam all the way to Survivor Series. World title matches from Backlash 07-Unforgiven 07 all ppv matches. Unforgiven is when he won the belt, all the rest he didn't leave with the world title. That period is when I got really really tired of it. Some say he lost fans due to the amount of world title matches he had left and right still didn't end up winning the strap.

Departure:The only feud I really enjoyed during his last few months was vs Rey Mysterio. I hated the fact Cena won the title in the Chamber only to lose it to Batista. Faced at WM26 for the WWE title only for Cena to win it back for Batista to job out til he left. There is a saying in the business that you never say never. Batista expressed frustration with the direction WWE was going in the less edgy style and talked about it during interviews. When Lesnar returned after WM28, it made me miss Batista even more since we all have been wanting that match since 05. So his return, I certainly welcomed, but I wasn't losing sleep over Batista not being there. I actually lost more sleep by the terrible booking by WWE during the 4 year period. LOL!

Return:Batista is returning? Hell yea, I welcome that....bring on the Animal....the beast is waiting for you! I actually started to hear rumors that Batista would win the Rumble and some actually had booking blogs on here during the time having Batista winning. Notice the reason why I hate people making a blog about booking saying how they'd do it while booking how WWE would. I want Batista to return, but not to win the Rumble to challenge for the top prize in the WWE. Make us wait and pay for it on some other ppv. Batista needs no world title to say he is main event talent. Which is why it would be ridiculous to do. The reaction to the Rumble was a bit much, I wanted Bryan to win just as much as anybody else, but it was rumored to happen. No reason to look like a fool on the web just because you can. Saw the results via live coverage of the results. Kept refreshing through the night like always. You see it, you just shake your head. Like I shook my head when I saw Orton vs Cena again. How about when Bryan beat Cena at Summerslam for Orton to cash in, Night of Champions victory for Bryan to give it right back to HHH next night, Bryan losing at HIAC, Dolph Ziggler losing belt back to Del Rio, John Cena gets a world title match in first match back and wins. Big Show does the Yes finger signals chant week after week leading up to Survivor Series, Big Show challenges Orton at Survivor Series for the strap, and why in the hell is Del Rio been so many times world champion. Need I go on? You expect good booking after the series of ppvs WWE had from Summerslam to TLC? I'm sitting here reading the rumored card before Punk left seeing all the rematches at WM30 that was scheduled to happen....I was wondering if WM30 was worth $10. Still wondering that along with why in the hell is Del Rio getting thrown in vs these returning stars like RVD and Batista when he is horrible? Both hyped returns havn't lived up to that hype I was hoping for.

There you have it! My thoughts on Batista's career and return. I may have went a bit over the top taking shots at WWE's booking, but at least I did it without cursing and destroying stuff which is something I don't do(destroy stuff over wrestling). I gave Batista criticism and love with this blog. What are your thoughts on Batisa? Was he an afterthought in Evolution? Have a favorite rivalry? World title shots + Batista? What do you think of Batista winning the Rumble and main eventing WM30? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

My view: Who should defeat Magnus?
Booking Challenge: WrestleMania XXX
Top 10: Best WM Main Events of all-time
Superstar:

Submit "Superstar Batista: "Wondering if WrestleMania XXX is worth $10"" to Digg Submit "Superstar Batista: "Wondering if WrestleMania XXX is worth $10"" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Batista: "Wondering if WrestleMania XXX is worth $10"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Batista: "Wondering if WrestleMania XXX is worth $10"" to Google

Updated 03-13-2014 at 10:27 PM by TheGreatOne (blogs coming up)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Not since Wrestlemania 14 has the build up to(the biggest show of the year) sucked soooooooooo much @$$!! The only match on the card that I might want to see is Triple H VS. Daniel Bryan & that isn't worth $60. Yes, I would prefer to have it on TV.
    Amen TheGreatOne. I have never liked Batista; never!!!!. I thought his feud with HHH was good, but, for me, there was always something more interesting on the card when it came to the PPV's. WrestleMania 21 had many matches that made theirs look average; HBK vs Angle especially. At Backlash 05, i was more interested in HBK and Hogan teaming together and when it came to Vengeance 05, Angle and HBK stole the spotlight again. I know it gets a lot of acclaim, and in ways it deserves it, but for me it wasn't anything special.

I think his matches with Undertaker where the best he's done and will ever do. I enjoyed their matches.

Like you, i was also positive about his return; i was eager to see a Evolution Reunion. But WWE's perception of him was a complete oversight and it has lost steam as quickly as Batista in the ring. The much needed change in the main event at WrestleMania XXX was inevitable and wither it ends up a triple threat or a fatal 4 way (if by some chance HHH vs Bryan ends in no contest; then having them both in main event) nothing could have been worse than Batista vs Orton; i have a strong suspicion you would have been editing out your top 10 worst WrestleMania main events and putting it straight in at number 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom Menace
    Not since Wrestlemania 14 has the build up to(the biggest show of the year) sucked soooooooooo much @$$!! The only match on the card that I might want to see is Triple H VS. Daniel Bryan & that isn't worth $60. Yes, I would prefer to have it on TV.
    couldnt agree more. Road to WM is worse then I could have ever imagined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CandieLand
    Amen TheGreatOne. I have never liked Batista; never!!!!. I thought his feud with HHH was good, but, for me, there was always something more interesting on the card when it came to the PPV's. WrestleMania 21 had many matches that made theirs look average; HBK vs Angle especially. At Backlash 05, i was more interested in HBK and Hogan teaming together and when it came to Vengeance 05, Angle and HBK stole the spotlight again. I know it gets a lot of acclaim, and in ways it deserves it, but for me it wasn't anything special.

I think his matches with Undertaker where the best he's done and will ever do. I enjoyed their matches.

Like you, i was also positive about his return; i was eager to see a Evolution Reunion. But WWE's perception of him was a complete oversight and it has lost steam as quickly as Batista in the ring. The much needed change in the main event at WrestleMania XXX was inevitable and wither it ends up a triple threat or a fatal 4 way (if by some chance HHH vs Bryan ends in no contest; then having them both in main event) nothing could have been worse than Batista vs Orton; i have a strong suspicion you would have been editing out your top 10 worst WrestleMania main events and putting it straight in at number 1.
    I would have which got me the idea of making the list. LOL!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.