View RSS Feed

lewism173

A cruiserweight division today!

Rate this Entry
This is a topic that has been talked about many times, " what if wwe brought back the cruiserweight division ?" and while some good points have been made at various different times there is probably no better time to pull the trigger and bring back the division. Its probably been just enough time that everyone has forgotten about Hornswoggle winning the belt and with the Network coming out WWE needs more programming. Having been watching some past cruiserweight stuff it got me thinking, there was so much talent in that division that would have NEVER have been used without it...and thats why wwe should use it again.

WWE has 15 potential main stays in the division, a few of which are perfectly capable of dropping in and out. First you start with the bread and butter of the division, the guys who will spent most there time losing but will still develop are character and compete regularly. These guys are Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, JTG, Tatsu, Darren Young, Justin Gabriel and Los matadors.

Then you have the veteran of the division the guy that will probably never win the title but a win over him is big and he will really add star power to the matches and get people to care about the matches, Rey Mysterio.

Then comes the stars of the division, the guys that the title will probably bounce around and the guys who will be made to look the best out of them all, Xavier Woods, Tyson Kidd, Fandango, Sin cara and a returning Evan Bourne. Those 5 guys could carry the division, Woods in Charisma, Fandango as the main heel, Kidd as the technical guy , Bourne with the crazy moves and Sin cara selling the merch.

There is probably a few guys you may have expected to see included that haven't named...these are the guys that I believe WWE see too much in to put them in this division, however when the division is in need of a boost you might stick them in a few matches maybe hand them the title for a bit. These guys are Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Kofi Kingston and Adrian Neville . Those four wwe probably wouldn't want to " waste " in the division but if wwe want to give the guy or the division a boost they would use them in it for a bit.

The final question is " when? " well with the amount of programming WWE will be wanting to put on this network I wouldn't be surprised if another show turned up, therefore you could showcase this division 3-5 times a week, I'd assume most raws wouldn't feature the division but Main Event, Superstars, a new show or Saturday Morning Slam and Smackdown if it needs time filling could all give it a match a week....the matches could also be filler or pre-show for ppvs. This gives a lot of time for these guys to gain exposure and is much better use than having them have pointless matches or having them squashed.

Finally another " when ? " this when....is when they actually put the Division into effect and re-debut/ return it....I vote for at Wrestlemania in the pre-show which I assume with the network will be extra long. Have a cruiserweight open, which uses 10 men who otherwise would have been sat backstage doing nothing.

I would say do it a split this this - 2 Veterans of the division , 1 NXT guy, 2 guys to add star power, 5 others.

This would leave the match like this ( superstars in the order above )

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble ( one time only , or any other former cruiserweight ) vs Adrian Neville vs Kofi Kingston Vs Santino Marrella vs Tyson Kidd vs Fandango vs Zack Ryder vs Xavier Woods vs Sin Cara.

The match would obviously be for the title and I'd have either Tyson Kidd have it and have him be the face of the division ( bet you're sick of reading division by now ) or have Rey win it just to get some extra eyes on the first few matches.

Anyway those are my ideas....please share your input in the comments...I'm sure there is a lot of ideas I've missed/gotten wrong.

Submit "A cruiserweight division today!" to Digg Submit "A cruiserweight division today!" to del.icio.us Submit "A cruiserweight division today!" to StumbleUpon Submit "A cruiserweight division today!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just to note, I apologize for any grammar/ spelling errors or misplaced words...got the idea for this and typed it in pretty quickly.
    Here is the problem with the Cruiserweight title...You have Daniel Bryan, who is 5'10" 210 (and that is very generous), Who in the last calender year has beeting every major superstar, and is a 2 time WWE champ...That should be the goal. Watch the Chris Jericho story if you get the chance. Jericho left WCW because he was always going to play Second Fiddle. He wanted a shot at someone like Goldberg, but there was preverbial Glass ceiling for the smaller guy. When he finally got his chance, he was destroyed...flash forward a few years, he is the Undisputed WWE Champion. A Cruiserweight Division is a Second Fiddle Division, and would inexorably hold people back. I don't disagree there should be another belt, but I am thinking like a World TV Title. Something that would be contested and won and lost regularly on Raw/Smackdown/Main Event/ or Superstars...possibly even NXT if they need to bring someone up. You could have someone like Zach Ryder win the TV title on Main Event in 6 man Ladder match, then have him, with the belt come on Raw. This would at least bring attention to him to the general audience because he is holding some hardware...But, lets say for instance, if an NXT up and commer who wasn't fortunate enough to get the promotion in a stable, like the Shield or Wyatts, they could win the TV title and debut on Raw or Smackdown that way, without them being relegated to a 2nd fiddle division.
    fandango would need to loose 18lb if you stick to the 220lb rule, ive always thought they should bring back the lightweight division and now with the network would be a prime time to do it, also you didnt mention Adrian Neville (Pac to anyone with uk independent knoweldge) he would benefit greatly from it coming back and also oliver grey tyler breeze, instead of a small roster of 8, give them their own show on the network and you could have 20-25 guys and possibly tag titles aswell
    Jamie Noble? But he's dead, Sheamus killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by evadavid787
    Here is the problem with the Cruiserweight title...You have Daniel Bryan, who is 5'10" 210 (and that is very generous), Who in the last calender year has beeting every major superstar, and is a 2 time WWE champ...That should be the goal. Watch the Chris Jericho story if you get the chance. Jericho left WCW because he was always going to play Second Fiddle. He wanted a shot at someone like Goldberg, but there was preverbial Glass ceiling for the smaller guy. When he finally got his chance, he was destroyed...flash forward a few years, he is the Undisputed WWE Champion. A Cruiserweight Division is a Second Fiddle Division, and would inexorably hold people back. I don't disagree there should be another belt, but I am thinking like a World TV Title. Something that would be contested and won and lost regularly on Raw/Smackdown/Main Event/ or Superstars...possibly even NXT if they need to bring someone up. You could have someone like Zach Ryder win the TV title on Main Event in 6 man Ladder match, then have him, with the belt come on Raw. This would at least bring attention to him to the general audience because he is holding some hardware...But, lets say for instance, if an NXT up and commer who wasn't fortunate enough to get the promotion in a stable, like the Shield or Wyatts, they could win the TV title and debut on Raw or Smackdown that way, without them being relegated to a 2nd fiddle division.
    I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. How many Lightweight guys are actually in the World title picture???Just one. So why not throw them their own title because clearly the WWE have no desire to push them.

How is being in a "Second Fiddle Division" holding talent back? If anything, it's giving them something to wrestle for. If there was no Divas division, would WWE allow Alicia Fox to compete for the IC title? Probably not. If there was no Tag Division, would the Usos be main eventing Mania? More than likely, no. Division titles exist because they are a alternate entity than the main core division. And at the end of the day, WWe have the guys but aren't using them anyway. So, what harm is it to bring in a title for them. As long as the WWE build the title up to mean something and maintain a sizable division , there shouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by evadavid787
    I disagree with you. The WWE, back when the Cruiserweight Title was still active, gave cruiserweights like Eddie, Benoit,Rey and Jericho Main Event pushes. WWE is perfectly able to book cruiserweights into the Main Event while also having a CW Title.

I feel like a CW Title would be great, they have a lot of CW talent they aren't really using right now and I would like to see a CW Show on the Network maybe even. I disagree with you that Zayn and Neville are too big to be in the CW division, they aren't even on the main roster yet.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.