View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

Predicting the Wrestlemania 30 Card

Rate this Entry
I used to blog weekly on here a couple months ago critiquing Raw. What I found out was that I was starting to hate the product because I would critique every little thing. So I just stopped blogging altogether. But I ended up missing it so that's why I'm back. And who knows, maybe I'll revive my Raw Hits and Misses Blog, but for now I chose to jump back into it with something simple like predicting a PPV card. (Will they still be called PPV's when the Network launches? I have no idea.) Usually this is the time of year where everyone writes up a card predicting what matches will take place. Now, I won't be putting any dream matches on here but I will be putting logical matches that seem destined to take place. I will also tell you why some notable wrestlers were left off the card at the end. Without further ado, let's predict Wrestlemania.

Pre-Show

1) The Usos vs. The Wyatt Family for the WWE Tag Titles

Predicting the pre-show is always a challenge for me. It can be anything from a battle royal to some random match creative decides on. I'm predicting The Usos to win the belts at Elimination Chamber from the New Age Outlaws and defending them on the pre-show because I just don't see Vince thinking they're big enough stars to fit on the main card. In my eyes the only tag team they can defend against is The Wyatt Family. It doesn't hurt that they've faced a lot either.

Prediction: The Usos win after a Samoan Splash. I just don't see Jimmy and Jey dropping the titles so soon after they might win them.

Main Card

1) Ryback vs. Sheamus

I wouldn't be too excited about this match, but what else can Sheamus do? There's nobody I can think of for him to face so Ryback was my only choice. This match can be either A) Marginally good or B) so bad you question why you're watching.

Prediction: Sheamus wins with a Brogue Kick. I can't see Sheamus losing his first singles PPV match after coming back especially not against Ryback.

2) Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

Heres the thing with this one. I originally was going to put just Del Rio and Rey in a Hair vs. Mask match but I don't know if Vince would do it. Obviously Rey wouldn't lose and Del Rio's too upper card to lose so I just threw in Sin Cara (Hunico) and made it a south of the border triple threat match.

Prediction: Alberto Del Rio wins with the Cross Arm Breaker on Rey Mysterio. Like I said, Del Rio's too upper card to lose at Wrestlemania.

3) AJ Lee vs. Tamina Snuka for the Divas Title

I think with AJ being the longest reigning Divas champ you can't not have her on the card. The reason I picked Tamina to face AJ instead of say, Naomi, is because Tamina is the only opponent who poses a threat to AJ. Plus, she's going to have to turn on her someday.

Prediction: Tamina Snuka wins with a Samoan Splash. Now, most people won't want AJ to drop the title, but if Tamina does turn face you pretty much have to have her win.

4) Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust: If Goldust loses he retires

The match that we've been waiting for for years finally comes true. With the brothers dropping the titles it's almost certain this match happens this year. Now, I say both go into this bout faces and here's why: it's too early to turn Cody back heel and the fans just love Goldust too much. It'll just be a good ol' fashion see who the better wrestler is type of match.

Prediction: Cody Rhodes wins with the Cross Rhodes. I love Goldust's return and think he's better than ever, but he's said that if this match happens he wants Cody to go over. Plus it adds something if the retirement situation is in place.

5) Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose

Yes, The Shield will implode at Elimination Chamber and yea, it will be sad, but it's time. I say it's time because people want to cheer Reigns. Therefore he will become a baby face in all of this. It's also due to the fact that WWE has bigger plans for him as a singles star.

Prediction: Roman Reigns wins with a Spear on Dean Ambrose. I kind of have away the prediction above so yeah.

6) Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Brock is really the only opponent for Taker at this point. Cena's poised for a different opponent, Bryan too, and The Rock won't be here this year so go get him Brock.

Prediction: Undertaker wins after two Tombstones. It's a foregone conclusion that Taker wins every year so it's more about how good the match is. I think in order to make Brock look strong he has to kick out of a couple Tomstones then be pinned after two consecutive ones.

7) John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

This match has been set in stone for a couple months now. (Sorry for the spoiler) With Bray attacking Cena twice it's also not hard to put two and two together. This will definitely elevate Bray by going after the face of the company.

Prediction: John Cena wins with an AA. This one was tough. Do they keep elevating talent or justify a top star? Does Cena put over younger talent or is his ego too big? Sure he may help elevate Daniel Bryan, but I don't see him agreeing to lose at Wrestlemania to Wyatt.

8) Randy Orton vs. Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Title

They should really shorten that name. Yes, no Daniel Bryan, but it was always going to be these two in this match. Expect a lot of boring chants and booing in this one. Exactly why it should not go on last.

Prediction: Batista wins with a Batista Bomb. Batista didn't agree to come back unless this was the outcome. Maybe he'll get cheered after winning, but then again, he's not Daniel Bryan.

9) Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

Originally supposed to be CM Punk vs. Hunter but now it looks like this is where it's going. If WWE is smart this match goes on last. That way, the crowd is happy and the PPV doesn't end with boos.

Prediction: Daniel Bryan wins with a running knee. Bryan just has to win. He has to. Plain and simple. It's time WWE stops force feeding the fans stuff and gives them what they want.

Notables left off the card

The Rock: He simply won't be back.

Hulk Hogan: He won't pass the physical. He is supposed to host though.

The Ultimate Warrior: Rumored to face Ryback but come on, he's almost 60.

Sting: If he does sign expect to see a cameo but no match.

Big Show: Where do you put him?

Big E Langston: Again, where do you put him?

CM Punk: I clearly think Punk's done with WWE.

Well there you go. Comment below and tell me what you would change or what matches you think will actually happen.

Submit "Predicting the Wrestlemania 30 Card" to Digg Submit "Predicting the Wrestlemania 30 Card" to del.icio.us Submit "Predicting the Wrestlemania 30 Card" to StumbleUpon Submit "Predicting the Wrestlemania 30 Card" to Google

Comments

wouldn't doubt if this ends up being the card. I hope it doesn't though

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.