View RSS Feed

PunkAustin

Punk's major Work?

Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Is it just me or is this Punk situation fishy?

I've had this suspicions ever since it was reported to be Punk vs. HHH on WM30. No matter how I see it on TV, it doesn't look to be leading to a match between them. It's more likely Daniel Bryan vs. HHH than Punk.

And then Austin, who really didn't appear on any WWE TV since Tough Enough, all of a sudden is one of the stars featured during the WWE Network event on Vegas.

After that, Batista comes back to win the Rumble and said to be going to WM30 to main event for the championship. I don't know about any of you, but Batista vs. Orton as the main event really doesn't make sense. Because Batista ain't really that much lately isn't he? And to feature him on the main event? It really looks like something is really missing.

And then Punk walks out. And everybody says it's legit. But really, we all know how smart Punk is. We know that he can work the internet better than everybody else. Remember ROH before he went to WWE? Remember MITB 2011? We all know Punk can make something interesting without really talking much about something. Remember Punk vs. Lesnar? All Punk's TV appearances before even before announcing Punk vs. Lesnar, he was wearing that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu hoodie just to give a MMA feel when the match is gonna be announced. So we all know how Punk works the internet.

Now "allegedly" he's gone.

And all of a sudden, Austin appeared on Arsenio Hall as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin without really promoting anything. I really took this as a clue. Because Austin cannot use the name "Stone Cold" without clearance with WWE right? If he was on TV to promote his podcast, he would just use the name Steve Austin. But he was billed as "Stone Cold" during that appearance. Was he on Arsenio just for the hell of it, or was he sent there by the WWE to promote the character "Stone Cold"?

Is all of this really legit? Or is it Punk's major work leading up to a Punk vs. Austin match on WM30?

Does anyone else share this questions? Or is it just my wishful thinking?

Submit "Punk's major Work?" to Digg Submit "Punk's major Work?" to del.icio.us Submit "Punk's major Work?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Punk's major Work?" to Google

Comments

It's your wishful thinking. Actually-Austin co-owns the name just as Rock, Hogan and many others do. He most likely-if Austin even was asked-used that full name to make sure people knew who he was.
    Austin has also been pretty clear he just doesn't think he will have another match.
    As for the other argument. How in the heck can you say there was no build up to Punk/HHH? Who do you think Kane works for on the show? HHH. That is why Kane has been messing with Punk-it was to build to Punk taking out Kane, then taking on his boss who put him up to it at WM.
    Meanwhile-DB has been in a storyline with the Wyatts-at this point nothing to do with HHH (though between you and me-HHH should in time be the "power" behind the Wyatts as Kane was kidnapped and now is HHH's stooge-and the Wyatts tried to convert DB-but at the least got DB away from HHH and the world title hunt).
    Point being-is has been rumored for quite awhile HHH and PUnk would be at WM-and Kane chokeslamming Punk and then costing him the RR were huge steps in making that match happen.
    WWE owns the trademark on Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin legally changed his name, hence why he can call himself that legally.

Co-owns... Hogan? Hogan bought out the rights for the name from Marvel some time ago. WWE owns nothing. Never did.

OP is correct in his thought process. Good pick up PunkAustin.
    Lots of people are getting calls to come back to the wwe for the network launch. Punk/Austin at wrestle mania is not happening. It's wishful thinking.

Also HHH having anything to do with the Wyatts would be awful. The shield made sense. The wyatts have a doom and gloom, we're crazy hicks gimmick. Attaching them to HHH at all would be garbage. That doesn't mean the WWE wouldn't do it, it would just be stupid.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.