View RSS Feed

benfenton96

Wrestling Fan's Predictions- Royal Rumble 2014

Rate this Entry
Hi there, the last time I write one of these posts was last year for SummerSlam 2013. I was pretty good at predicting the results for the event so I'll have a stab at it tonight.

For me, I am really excited for tonight's Royal Rumble event. I think it has the potential to be one of the greatest Royal Rumble events of all tonight. Every match has the potential to be great and what is great this year is that there are different and exciting storylines that will culminate tonight.Even though there are only 4 matches tonight on the actual card, I think that with these 4 matches, the event is going to be quite great. Now let's take a look at the matches tonight and my predictions.

Pre-Show: WWE Tag Team Championship- Goldust & Cody Rhodes (c) vs. The New Age Outlaws-

This match hasn't had that much build to it with the Outlaws beating the tag team champions 2 weeks ago in non-title action and then getting this match-up as a result from the Authority. I'm liking how the the Outlaws are being used at the moment and think that they're still okay in the ring, especially Billy Gunn. The main story going into this is the relationship between Goldust and Cody, and I do expect there to be some tension between the two tonight, but not in this tag title match. I expect the tag champions to work well together tonight with no signs of them falling out... just yet.

My Prediction: Cody Rhodes & Goldust retain the titles. After the match I can see both men looking at each other and then the WrestleMania sign, pointing to signs of an altercation in the Rumble Match where both men will try and get that main event spot at WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs. The Big Show-

I am actually looking forward to this match and seeing how these two big men go at it at the Royal Rumble. These two men have had battles in the past, most noticeably the match where the ring collapsed in 2003 and the Stretcher Match at Judgment Day 2003. These men have proved that they can have decent matches with one another, but still don't expect this match to be as great as they have been in the past. This match is simply to make Lesnar look like a monster heading into WrestleMania where he might take on The Undertaker, a match that I'm not all in favour of, but we shall see as time goes on. Expect Heyman to distract Big Show during the match with Lesnar hitting an F5, but with Show kicking out first, but then with another F5 Lesnar will win the match.

My Prediction: Brock Lesnar defeats The Big Show

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt-

This is the match that has the potential to be absolutely epic! This storyline has been carried out with great care and thought and that will all culminate tonight at the Royal Rumble event. All of this started when Bryan teamed with Punk to take on the Wyatt Family at Survivor Series, and since then the Wyatt family have turned their attention to Daniel Bryan. This feud has had many twists and turns to it and the moment where Bryan turned on Bray during the Steel Cage match was brilliant and I am so glad that Bryan has been cleared to compete against Wyatt tonight. Expect Bray to dominate Bryan for a portion of the match, with him getting frustrated that he can't beat Bryan, which will lead to Bryan getting the upper hand and becoming victorious in the match, probably with the Running Knee. I also don't expect the Wyatt family to be at ringside tonight due to them being in the Rumble, so expect a one-on-one match between the two.

My Prediction- Daniel Bryan wins the match- I can see there being a second match between these two at Elimination Chamber in a Gimmick type match, where Bryan will get the win again.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship- Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena- Winner can only be declared by pin fall or submission

Here we go again, this feud has been repeated so many times that it's unreal, but let's hope this is the final match between the two. I'm not saying that this feud hasn't been good or the matches aren't of good quality, but enough is enough and hopefully tonight will be an end to it. I have followed this feud from when it started in 2007, then started up again in 2008 and again in 2009. These men have gone through war with another and tonight is the culmination, the match for the WWE World Heavwyeight Championship. For some reason I didn't think that there would be a rematch between these two at the Rumble, but I was wrong and I see why they did it. Expect Orton to get the win in this one but with some help from the Authority that's for sure. I have really liked Orton's reign as champion and I think he is slowly getting back to his heel role of the Viper once again, a role that I prefer much better than him being a face. Another possibility that I can see happening is The Wyatt Family attacking Cena when the lights go out, with Cena laying down in the ring and The Wyatt's nowhere to be seen, apart from their music being heard. This will allow Orton to get the victory and continue his reign as champion.

My Prediction- Randy Orton retains the title either with help from the Authority or the Wyatt Family.

2014 Royal Rumble Match- Winner receives a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match at WrestleMania XXX

Here's what it's all about. The reason why the Rumble event has been one of the most exciting PPV events of all time. With there only being one world champion to go after this year, it really makes the Rumble more exciting as we will definitely know one half of the main event for the title at WrestleMania. My first Royal Rumble was in 2007 and I was just getting into wrestling, and watching Undertaker and HBK go at it at the end was truly exciting and I was on the edge of my seat all the way. I think we all know who is going to win the Rumble this year, but I'll write down who I think the potential winners are and the surprise entrants that will be in the Rumble this year.

Surprise Entrants:

Jake Roberts- with the return of 'The Snake' on Old School RAW, I definitely think that it was a way to re-introduce Roberts back to the WWE Universe so that when his music hit and he went into the Rumble, the younger fans would know who he was. Expect Roberts to be in the match for a little amount of time also, not too long at all.

Christian- I was never really sure what happened to Christian after SummerSlam last year, but apparently he got injured again, which wasn't good at all. With there being no apparent creative plans for Christian at the minute, I think entering him into the Rumble would be a great way to get him back into the fold. I would much prefer a heel Christian though after the Rumble is over, with him starting a possible feud with Big E Langston over the Intercontinental Title.

Sheamus- This is a man that I definetely think will come back as a heel, especially since he is rumoured to face Daniel Bryan at WM 30, which I think would be a great match and the story behind it would be incredible, with Sheamus going on to beat Bryan at WM 28, but then Bryan was the one who come out the 'victor' so to speak as his career sky rocketed after that match. I don't think Sheamus will win the match but his presence will be heavily felt.

Potential winners:

CM Punk- CM Punk is currently battling the Authority and what a way to stick it to The Authority by winning the Rumble match! With Punk being at No. 1, I can definitely see him getting all the way to the end of the Rumble, only to be eliminated by the man who I think will the Rumble...of which I will tell you shortly.

Roman Reigns- Reigns is definetely being considered as the future of the WWE and the WWE is pushing him heavily right now. I expect Reigns to be dominant in this match and break the record that Kane set in 2001 of eliminating the most men in one Royal Rumble, with him eliminated a record setting 12 people tonight. I can see him being eliminated by one of his Shield teammates or CM Punk, as he won't be the one to win it tonight.

The Undertaker- for months I thought that The Undertaker was going to return tonight and win the Rumble, setting up his final match with Title vs. Streak on the line. If this were to happen, expect Cena to win the belt tonight, but I don't think this is going to happen as Undertaker is reportedly set to face Lesnar to the grandest stage of then all. With Taker' facing Lesnar at WM, I don't expect it to be his last WM as I still expect his last WM to be against a current WWE talent and for the world belt.

BATISTA- I think that most people can agree with me when I say that Batista is going to win the Royal Rumble this year. As soon as Batista returned last week on RAW, his confrontation with Randy Orton indicated a possible title match between the two at WrestleMania 30, which I think is the way to go. The history is there and I think Batista could be the un-stoppable force that tries to take down the Authority. Expect him to enter late in the match up and eliminate the No. 1 entrant CM Punk who will last to the end, only to be eliminated by the Beast himself, the Animal Batista.

So, there you go guys, my in-depth prediction of what I think will happen at tonight's Royal Rumble. I for one am really looking forward to this event and can't wait to watch everything unfold. This year is starting off to be a great year and is different from previous years in the sense that the WrestleMania card is still up in the air and the event isn't as predictable as last year's event and the year before that.

Let me know what you guys think in the comments section below and share you predictions too. I only have one more thing to say to you:

Let's get ready to Rumble!!!

Submit "Wrestling Fan's Predictions- Royal Rumble 2014" to Digg Submit "Wrestling Fan's Predictions- Royal Rumble 2014" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling Fan's Predictions- Royal Rumble 2014" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling Fan's Predictions- Royal Rumble 2014" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

nice man, those comments are true, couldnt of been said any better.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.