View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

My view: Who should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
After each opponent every year, you think who should face the Deadman at Wrestlemania next? Let us be honest, Undertaker isn't going to be at WM 40 competing nor do I believe he will be doing so at WM 35. Rumors every year of who will face the Deadman. I decided to make a top 5 list of opponents I'd like to see face the Undertaker at WM30. Sorry to the fans who would like to see a rematch with the likes of Rock and Brock. Neither made my top 5. So who could possibly be on the top 5 list?

Reason for Sting not being in the top 5: Let us be honest before I begin here, we all want Sting vs Taker at Wrestlemania, but until it happens. Until Sting is on my TV with a WWE logo at the bottom along with live beside of it, we can just ignore all the talk about Sting jump shipping to WWE. This has been talked about since WM27. Sting would definately be in the top 2 if not number 1 on my list if he actually was under contract with WWE, but he isn't. So forgive me for those who notice that Sting isn't in the top 5.

HM: The Rock; Daniel Bryan-I gave 2 honorable mentions because I believe Rock has wrestled his final match. He would probably be #5 if it wasn't for that fact. Well, fact in my mind anyway. Bryan vs Taker at WM face to face. I just can't imagine the reaction it would receive. Certainly expect a great match, but the reaction from the crowd. Will it be YES! YES! YES!, I'm not quite sure the crowd would be on Daniel Bryans side no matter if Taker would turn heel. The amount of respect he has gained from wrestling fans wouldn't allow it. That along with him not being believable enough to defeat him.

5.Sheamus-he is the celtic warrior and a big man who has an awesome look. He has never faced the Deadman in the ring. A multi-time world champion vs the Deadman seems as though a perfect combination. He has size as well more so than the rest of the guys on the roster which offers more intrigue to the match. Sheamus probably would be rated higher on others lists, but I find him sorta boring which is why he is ranked low.

4.Brock Lesnar-I've changed my mind over the last year or so on the matches that we've seen in the past like Lesnar vs Taker back a decade ago. Brock vs Taker brings intrigue to me a lot more than any real current star has on his own besides Cena. Look at the roster, Reigns and Big E challenging deadman intrigues anybody more than seeing Brock challenge the streak? Not me, I certainly would rather have Lesnar face him than someone boring or way too small to even consider him to defeat the deadman. I'd like to see Ziggler or Sandow face him, but lets be real. Sandow for the comedy factor more so. Lesnar is what I wanted back at WM27 when the rumors swirled instead of HHH. Well behind Sting of course. Big beast of a man, Brock Lesnar challenging the streak of Taker's has huge intrigue there. However, physical style is the reason both Sheamus and Lesnar may not challenge the Deadman.

3.Wyatt Family-I know they have only been on the main roster for a short time period, but I loved them promos. The scare factor of their promos,they bring similar to how Taker did his promos in the past when he would return. That is why I would like to see Bray or the entire Wyatt Family challenge Taker at Mania. One trying to intimidate the other would be great TV. I doubt it though. Not a lot of 1 on 1 challengers really left. Big obstacle facing 3 men for the streak. Some folks like it others won't.

2.Shield-This is just the perfect scenario here. The shield has dominated the Deadman before. Now it is time to challenge the Streak. The most dominant stable in wrestling challenges the ultimate streak of Undertakers in a 3 on 1 handicap match. I know people are asking how would you book them losing? Well, why not one of the shield members pull the other off a cover because they want the pin which ends up costing them the match. Same goes for the Wyatt Family. Would that make Taker look weak? He sits up while they are arguing who gets the cover. Comes back with a victory.

1.John Cena-I've received hate for wanting Cena vs Taker from time to time claiming I'm a huge Cena fan. The reason I want Cena to face Taker has nothing to do with being a fan of John Cena. It has everything to do with who the man is in the WWE? Who is the top guy, draw, franchise? That WWE superstars name is John Cena like it or not. I've been waiting for Cena vs Taker storyline since Cena became a main event talent. He had some matches on Raw vs him since he became the man. Shouldn't the top guy in the company face the Streak? If you were a business man, would you not have your top guy face a streak like Taker's who has never lost at that event for over 20 years? It would be ridiculous to say no. Why wouldn't you want him to face Taker and challenge the streak? Title or not on the line, people will buy the ppv just to see it. The people who hate Cena, complain he never loses....you are telling me Cena haters wouldn't pay to see him get tombstoned? Everyone respects the Undertaker wrestler, announcer, wrestling fan. The only way I want Cena to face Taker is when it is decided it is his last match. I have that much respect for Taker because it should be in the main event vs the top guy in the business he hasn't faced on a big stage. That is the way he should go out on top facing the best in the business.That is my opinion anyway. I don't want his last match to not be in the main event, do you?

There you have it!! Who should face Undertaker at WM30? John Cena only if it is his last match. If it isn't, since Sting isn't going to be available....I want him to face the Shield. You like my top 5 list? What is your top 5? Who do you think should face Undertaker at WM30? Who should Taker face in his last match? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading! NEXT: Booking Challenge: HOF 2014

Submit "My view: Who should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?" to Digg Submit "My view: Who should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?" to del.icio.us Submit "My view: Who should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?" to StumbleUpon Submit "My view: Who should face Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Did you just say john cena is the best in the business?????
    Quote Originally Posted by mr wrestling fan
    Did you just say john cena is the best in the business?????
    I'm not talking about best wrestler, I'm talking biggest superstar in this company he hasn't faced. He has been the face of the company for the longest time and the biggest draw. 1 could say the best draw they have, in any case, that is the 1 superstar I most want to see face the Deadman.
    We still have hope with Sting right now. We just have to wait.
    Other than that, I agree with your list. It's okay with me if I saw Cena with the deadman inside of the ring and I think it will be a good match.
    I think John Cena would be the best choice. Everyone knows the Undertaker will win his match, regardless of who his opponent is. The best we can hope for regarding this match is to have a slight doubt in the back of our minds about the outcome. While last year's match against CM Punk was a good match, there was a 0% chance that Punk would win, and that fact weakened the match. If there's a small part of our brains that says that Super Cena would win (even though he won't), it makes the match better because the outcome is in doubt, at least a little. Cena's in-ring skills are not as bad as people think, his 5 moves of doom have increased to about 10, and he and the Undertaker can put on a decent match. The Undertaker wins, the streak remains intact, but at least there will be discussion about the world coming to an end if Cena ends the streak. There was absolitely no talk last year about the Undertaker losing, nor will there be any talk if he competes against some of the other names you mentioned. The only person who can take on the Undertaker who can bring at least a little doubt to mind is Cena.
    I really thought Cena/Taker would have happened sooner. I'm no Cena fan and I'm not your Cena internet hater either. I personally think if Cena/Taker never happened at Mania, it would be a trick missed for the WWE.

Cena/Taker is one match where people will actually be like.. "The streak could end tonight, Cena could win!" Because in my opinion, I don't think the streak will end and in my opinion, it shouldn't either, how ever if one person was to end it, I think the WWE would choose someone who is a complete WWE guy through and through. Who's that person? John Cena. Plus unlike Brock, Cena is not wreckless in the ring, he would provide protection and security for a now aging Taker.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID
    I really thought Cena/Taker would have happened sooner. I'm no Cena fan and I'm not your Cena internet hater either. I personally think if Cena/Taker never happened at Mania, it would be a trick missed for the WWE.

Cena/Taker is one match where people will actually be like.. "The streak could end tonight, Cena could win!" Because in my opinion, I don't think the streak will end and in my opinion, it shouldn't either, how ever if one person was to end it, I think the WWE would choose someone who is a complete WWE guy through and through. Who's that person? John Cena. Plus unlike Brock, Cena is not wreckless in the ring, he would provide protection and security for a now aging Taker.
    I think if Taker ever faces Cena, it will be in Takers last match, unless Taker gets gravely injured in another match where he has to be force ably be retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88
    I think if Taker ever faces Cena, it will be in Takers last match, unless Taker gets gravely injured in another match where he has to be force ably be retired
    Problem with this is.. every year could be Takers' last match. He takes it year by year as we all know and the WWE ask's him if he can compete, it's not even like they say, you are competing.

So too me, should this match not happen, it would be a chance missed, so why wait is my theory, why risk the chance of missing it.. when it could just be done if nothing else else is lined up/planned.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.