View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Why Daniel Bryan Joining The Wyatt Family Can Create GOOD TV!

Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Before we begin, I want readers to know I've also made a vlog of this very subject. If you prefer to watch the video, it is down below at the end of this paragraph. If you prefer to read, then feel free to continue reading onward. Regardless, let's talk about the shocking news of Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatt Family on the last RAW of 2013.

I'm not going to lie. I love this new development. The Wyatt Family has been in need of a storyline such as this and something to establish them as a dangerous entity among the roster. There isn't a better way to establish yourself than by beating the most beloved wrestler on the roster, Daniel Bryan, into submission and making him join your cult. Now, to my surprise, this has created a divide among the wrestling fans. Some love it, some hate it, and some are indifferent. Well this blog is going to argue why I believe fans should be EXCITED for this development in the Daniel Bryan saga.

So, from what I hear, the #1 reason why fans are indifferent about this storyline is the fear that Daniel Bryan will be treated like a second rate talent, used as a device to advance another storyline, and then relegated to the midcards afterwards. In other words, HHH is going to get out his shovel and get the burying on our beloved, Goatface. Take it from me. Your worries about Daniel Bryan becoming a second rate player as a result of this are not warranted. Now look, I understand, all the cynics have EVERY right to be cynical about this, especially when you consider how weak the WWE creative is, but let me explain to you how this could benefit Bryan:

This goes without saying. Daniel Bryan is the most over individual in WWE. Why is he like this? Because he is naturally relatable. He has worked hard for his spot and he has earned the respect of the audience. This goes deeper than just him putting on great TV, great matches, and great segments. We all know Daniel Bryan can do that. When you have someone like Bryan who has literally been fighting all his career (indies and mainstream), scratching and clawing his way to the top, only to constantly be screwed at every corner and beaten into submission for being talented, that stuff wears on you after a while. On top of that, he has to swallow the fact that people like Orton and Cena will be hand-fed title shots just because ... they're John Cena and Randy Orton ... and he has to kill himself to get ONE shot? I'm sorry, but if for all my hard work I was screwed multiple times out of the WWE championship and got nothing but beatings from the Shield and the Wyatts, I'd quit, let alone join someone for help. It's like that first job you get employed at. At first you work hard to be a good employee, then after realizing no matter how hard you work you will never be more than a low class employee, you stop trying and just come to work. Realistically, you can't blame him for joining the Wyatt Family.

Also, this needs to be said. To all the people who bitch and cry at WWE because they are, and I quote, "tired of the babyfaces winning all the time," you should ALL OVER this! I mean, Hello? Bryan just LOST and he quite frankly gave up psychologically. He may have won his matches against the Wyatt Family but this man mentally has quit. This is one of the main reasons this storyline is great. The hero has fallen.
You have to let the villains WIN sometimes and let the hero FALL or they won't be a story. They would NEVER do this with Cena and that's why fans hate his ass. They'd do this with Bryan, thankfully, which explains why fans care more about people like him and CM Punk than Cena. They struggle, they fall, and then they stand back up and conquer.

Here is what I want to see come from this storyline. I want to see WWE show a more vicious, aggressive, malicious side to Daniel Bryan as a member of the Wyatt Family. Have him put someone out on injury and show that he is a dangerous entity when he can be. Then ultimately at the Royal Rumble, have him use the Wyatts to win the damn thing and work his way back into the WWE championship picture. By doing this, you do three things: Give his character a deadly edge, show a scheming and conniving side to him, and put him back into the WWE title picture which is what everyone wants. We just made him even MORE relatable. Fans are going to chant for Daniel Bryan no matter what and they'll be begging for him to accept them again. When he eventually does accept them, as a much more vicious persona, they'll love him even more. Now he'll be much more capable of being a long term WWE Champion. Bryan needs an advancement in his character. The underdog, goodie-goodie, respectful YES man will not be a long term champion. But, the YESing, arm-breaking, submission-wrestling, ass-kicking, head-kicking, American Dragon will be.

So that's my thoughts. I'm choosing to take a more optimistic approach on Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatt Family and that's what I'm hoping to come from this storyline. Thanks for reading (or watching for those who watched the video).

Submit "Why Daniel Bryan Joining The Wyatt Family Can Create GOOD TV!" to Digg Submit "Why Daniel Bryan Joining The Wyatt Family Can Create GOOD TV!" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Daniel Bryan Joining The Wyatt Family Can Create GOOD TV!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Daniel Bryan Joining The Wyatt Family Can Create GOOD TV!" to Google

Updated 01-02-2014 at 11:07 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Bryan is being killed off to make Bray Wyatt Legitimate. The shenanigans in Seatle was likely the final straw. WWE Pushes who they want to, not who the fans want.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.