View RSS Feed

james.chelsea11111

The Return of the Animal(A non-fans Point of view)

Rate this Entry
First let me say although I'm almost 30 I did not follow WWE till right before WM20, but I have followed it religiously since. I saw all these new guys in stables and by themselves. I liked batista at first when he was in Evolution and even during his first championship run. Once he came back from injury and immediately thrown back into the title picture I started to like him less and he never quite won me back. It seemed like somehow even more than cena he was just shoved down our throats and main eventing all PPV's for like at least 2 years as either champion or challenger. His last run in WWE where he was just handed the WWE Championship and feuded with John Cena at his last WM and then his exit were absolutely atrocious. Now I understand the way most people feel about cena, Its time for a change where he isn't the top dog anymore but I got a feeling that they are going to put batista in that spot at some point and to me that's worse than orton or cena or even HHH or big show being in the main event scene at all. I believe batista got stale very quick in his career. I will say he put on great matches but his acting/promo skills were always horrible IMO. Even a guy that I was in the army with that was Trained by Matt Weise/ Luther Reigns(remember him?) said batista has the look and that is the only reason he will be champion is because of his look(this was when he won the Royal Rumble). That being said I recently saw that batista will possibly sign for 2 years and hope against all hope that he will be used correctly and that he will contribute somthing during this next run.

Questions Comments Concerns or as we said in the Army Bitches Gripes Complaints

Submit "The Return of the Animal(A non-fans Point of view)" to Digg Submit "The Return of the Animal(A non-fans Point of view)" to del.icio.us Submit "The Return of the Animal(A non-fans Point of view)" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Return of the Animal(A non-fans Point of view)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Offer my opinion on yours....I like Batista, however, I didn't like the last few months of his career before he left. I enjoyed his work even when he feuded with Mysterio. He seemed silly in his promos crying and all....looking back on it, worse than I thought. I didn't want to see a lot of things that happened at WM26 including Batista vs Cena. However, I'm excited for him to be back. I'm hoping for a Lesnar/Batista match at a future Mania. The return hopefully won't be fueding with boring guys who you could care less if he faces. Guys like Del Rio? RVD's return was horrible.

To your issues with Batista, a lot of fans turned on Batista during his return because of all the world title matches he got til he finally won the damn championship back. He was pretty much thrown in that position because of the roster being so thin with the likes of Taker and Edge out. He put on some entertaining feuds after that however, 06 Smackdown was one of the worst years I can remember. His feud with Takers was probably his best along with HHH. I don't know why the hate on Batista for his in ring set, when you are top babyface, you take the beating from the heel the majority of the match. That is why Cena and Batisa are looked like they get carried by the smarks who think they know it all when common sense says otherwise. Guys who are built like Batisa along with other huge guys, they arn't going to have a moveset like Dean Malenko. I for one, like smash mouth matches every now and again. If you ask me, not enough of them now days with all the small guys in wrestling which is why I quickly became a fan of Rybacks. I'm excited for Batista's return whether or not he is in the title picture or not. Same went for RVD, key is booking him with the right opponents.
    I've missed Batista. He wasn't the greatest promo guy in history but when he did say something he usually followed through! His fued with Cena was made to make him look like a b!*@h so Cena would look good. Big Dave has a quiet dignity & doen't do all the colorful smack talk like Rock or Ric Flair because thats not who or what he is. I'm looking forward to his return since I haven't watched WWE since the whole Daniel Bryan screw job. Hopefully everyone will realize that Batista's championship days are behind him & put him in a situation where he & Ryback are fighting at Wrestlemania XXX because that would be what's best for buisness!(pun intended)... WWE needs someone who can actually put Ryback in line(for real) & is the Animal man enough to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom Menace
    I've missed Batista. He wasn't the greatest promo guy in history but when he did say something he usually followed through! His fued with Cena was made to make him look like a b!*@h so Cena would look good. Big Dave has a quiet dignity & doen't do all the colorful smack talk like Rock or Ric Flair because thats not who or what he is. I'm looking forward to his return since I haven't watched WWE since the whole Daniel Bryan screw job. Hopefully everyone will realize that Batista's championship days are behind him & put him in a situation where he & Ryback are fighting at Wrestlemania XXX because that would be what's best for buisness!(pun intended)... WWE needs someone who can actually put Ryback in line(for real) & is the Animal man enough to do it!
    Hell yea, great match idea there!
    Now after reading what Heyman & Lesnar had to say on Raw tonight maybe the dream match from nearly 10 years ago will finally come to pass...Batista vs Brock Lesnar....Nah... I've always been a fan of Batista & from a wrestling/fighter (Lesnar) big Dave is clearly outmatched. Ryback would be a better match up for the Animal. Batista will be 45 when he returns & someone limited like Ryback or Khali(who he's already wrestled) would be just good enough to make Dave's return a decent one.
    Thanks for the comments guys like I said been a fan for years and I visit this site daily or as often as I could. Now I'll tell you that I remember reading in WWE Magazine back in 2005 that a dream match between Batista and Lesnar was the most possible match despite the fact that lesnar was gone with no return in sight I started watching right before he left and never thought he would be back. Last year I posted a Blog of WM29 Dream Matches and one of the matches was Lesnar Vs Batista. One comment I remember vividly is "this would be worse than goldberg vs lesnar at wm 20. Now, that was the first full match I ever saw lesnar in and seeing his matches and fights before and since I have to say it was a let down. But I believe that batista and lesnar are both good enough to make magic as long as WWE lets Them
    On a stoned follow up note I like to believe that the reason lesnar and ryback haven't crossed paths as of yet is because WWE doesn't to relive that WM 20 match.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.