View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Booking the perfect Royal Rumble card

Rate this Entry
200px-Royal_Rumble_2014_poster.jpg

The road to WrestleMania XXX begins at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as the 27th annual Royal Rumble pay-per-view commences on Sunday, January 26th, 2014.

And so without further delay, here's what the projected card will be like:

DIVAS BATTLE ROYAL (KICKOFF MATCH)
I don't expect A.J. Lee to be defending her Divas Championship anytime soon as she will be a victim of the "creative has nothing for you" treatment until a few weeks before the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

However, expect the Divas to be a part of this year's Royal Rumble pay-per-view thanks to the success of the reality show "Total Divas" which will result in this battle royal which will take place during the Royal Rumble pre-show on YouTube.

CODY RHODES & GOLDUST VS. LUKE HARPER & ERICK ROWAN (WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP)
The WWE seem very content about pushing The Wyatt Family after getting wins against the likes of Rhodes, Goldust, and even Daniel Bryan.

With rumors of a possible Rhodes vs. Goldust match at WrestleMania XXX, look for The Wyatt Family to get their first taste of gold.

BIG E LANGSTON VS. DEAN AMBROSE (UNIFICATION MATCH TO UNIFY THE INTERCONTINENTAL AND UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIPS)
With WWE Brand Extension being a misnomer for three years now, it makes sense to unify both mid-card titles after the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship titles were unified at last month's TLC pay-per-view.

With Langston teasing a feud with The Shield recently, it makes real sense.

THE 30-MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
For the second consecutive year, the Rumble match will be an undercard match (more on that later). This year's Rumble match will no doubt consist of top candidates to win.

Expect someone like a returning Batista, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, or even The Big Show to be the odds-on favorite to headline WrestleMania XXX.

JOHN CENA VS. RANDY ORTON (NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP)
The expected rematch between Cena and Orton has all the echos of a main event match just like CM Punk versus The Rock last year. As a result, look for this match to close out the pay-per-view.

Cena is WWE's top draw while Orton has become one of the top heels in the WWE and with competition from the Grammy Awards, look for Cena-Orton to get match of the focus than the Rumble match itself.

Submit "Booking the perfect Royal Rumble card" to Digg Submit "Booking the perfect Royal Rumble card" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking the perfect Royal Rumble card" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking the perfect Royal Rumble card" to Google

Comments

What is your 2014 Royal Rumble card?
    Kickoff - Big E (c) vs Barrett IC title - Big E retains
    1- Brotherhood (c) vs Real Americans (w/coulter) (would rather cesaro & Swagger win the belts than Wyatts) - Real Americans win the titles
    2 - Brock Lesnar (w/Heyman) vs Mark Henry - Lesnar wins via submission with the kamura lock
    3-AJ Lee (c) (face) vs Tamina (heel) (Tamina joins the authoirty and leads to AJ vs Stephanie at WM) (AJ wins via submission)
    4 Orton (c) vs Cena - No Holds Barred - Orton wins with help (not sure who from but Cena then wins title inside chamber)
    5 CM Punk wins royal rumble - leading to Punk vs Cena (c) in Main event of WM
    I'd rather see 2 monsters of Big E and Reigns go at it for the prize. I figure though that they may indeed unify the IC and US title based on the recent Shield thing with E.

I'm all for the tradition of Rumble going on last especially when guys like Cena/Orton have faced how many times. They have faced in virtually every kind of match imaginable. That is why I don't want to see Cena/Orton....I do worry that it may happen though. Just would rather not see it. Rather see something different....everyone knows a title change won't be happening anyway. What is the point of it going last? Rock won his first WWE title in over a decade in comparison to a terrible rematch that will result in Orton winning.
    Updated 12-30-2013 at 07:52 PM by TheGreatOne

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.