View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking Challenge: Royal Rumble 2014

Rate this Entry
Some people, I would say the majority of wrestling fans out there believe the #2 of the big 4 is the Royal Rumble. Biggest show of the year, behind Mania is the Royal Rumble. Why? It is the start of the road to WM. Along with a match that comes by 1x a year where people are guessing who will win this match. The winner goes on to face the world champion at WM. That along with some surprise entrants over the years to look forward to. The point of this blog is to have fun, get excited, and get folks pumped for this ppv. I hope I have done that thus far with this opening, cause I know I'm pumped!! Are you ready for the challenge? This is the booking challenge: Royal Rumble 2014!! 10 match limit max as always. So you know how this works, give your best card possible as usual. For those who don't understand the point of the booking challenge, please read the explaination right under this opening beside the *. For the booking challenge vets, here is my Royal Rumble 2014 card:

*The point of the booking challenge isn't to predict what the actual card will be. It is to challenge wrestling fans to give what card they want to see. Give the best card that not only they want to see, but others would like to see as well. There is no fun in predicting what the wrestling card will be because every card will be basically the same. The point is, you are the booker and you got the keys to the car. People complain all the time including myself about wrestling product. Put your money where your mouth is. You give me the card better than the actual card and dare I say attempt to have a better card than mine. Forget current storylines, give me your storylines and your best card you can deliver in the comment section below. Creates that competitive environment I want, I want the readers to compete with me. Give me their opinion on my card and I'll give you my opinion on yours. That is the booking challenge!! This will be copy and pasted on every single booking challenge since some still don't understand how it works.

Pre-Show: Tag Team Turmoil #1 contenders match: Usos vs PTPs vs Tons of Funk vs Xavier Woods/R-Truth vs Los Matadors-Need a heel team in this match which of course would be Tons of Funks. Makes no sense not to have Woods/Truth in there. Other face tag teams are more over with the crowd which is why I just went ahead and did the tag team turmoil. Usos win!
Open Challenge Divas title: AJ(C) vs NXT/former Diva-By 2014, Total Divas rivalry with AJ should be over. Want to start off fresh by going to brag to Stephanie McMahon about defeating all the Total Divas. Asks Steph to get her some competition at the Royal Rumble. Bring some intrigue to the Divas title for once trying to figure out who it could be. I'd like to start the show off with that. Buy time also for Tamina vs AJ or Stephanie possibly at Mania for that prize. I was thinking either a former WWE Diva like Victoria, Mickie James, or simply a NXT prospect coming up getting the oppurtunity. AJ wins either way....
US title: Dean Ambrose(C) vs Antonio Cesaro vs Jack Swagger vs Rey Mysterio-Rey Mysterio is the #1 contender for the US title, Zeb complains about it to Vickie. She adds Cesaro and Swagger to make it a fatal 4 way match to make sure a Real American leaves Royal Rumble as the US champion. Ambrose retains!!
Tag titles: Rhodes Bros vs Wyatt Family-What heel team better than the Wyatt Family to take the gold off the Rhodes so they can start a feud? Cody is pinned so Goldust blames him for his comeback run is coming to a end. Takes it out on his brother including eliminating him from the Royal Rumble. Wyatt Family wins!!
IC title: Big E Langston(C) vs Roman Reigns-Big monsters finally collide at a big stage for the prize of the IC title. Ambrose grabs Reigns leg by accident when he has the advantage only for Big E to hit the big ending!! Big E wins!!
WWE title: Randy Orton(C) vs Kane-What is wrong with Kane? He needs direction. His whole career he needed someone to tell him what to do because he isn't smart enough nor is he man enough to do it on his own. Orton claims he is an embarrassment not only to monsters before him even his brother Taker, but most of all....he is an embarrassment to Paul Bearer. Orton wins by DQ, but pays for it by getting tombstoned on the top of the ramp.

2014 Royal Rumble match

1.Daniel Bryan-Punishment by HHH to make him begin #1.
2.Bray Wyatt-Wyatt Family members join him as a 3 on 1 beatdown begins the match . Bryan holds off for a while til #s catch on as fans boo til countdown clock to next entry comes out.....
3.Roman Reigns-cheers roar as tease Shield vs Wyatt Family, but it is only Roman Reigns cleaning house. Both Bryan and Reigns clear the ring with them the only 2 remaining.
4.Jack Swagger-after such a positive reaction of Yes chants after Bryan and Reigns clear house, Zeb and We the People promo naturally draws heat.Zeb cuts a promo to buy time for another entry to help Swagger, but he doesn't state it in the promo.
5.Fandango-entrance lasted longer than his time in the ring.
6.Seth Rollins-Shield music hits and Reigns thinks it is Ambrose, but it is Rollins as they faceoff. Bryan knees Rollins as they go back to action.
7.Cody Rhodes
8.Kofi Kingston
9.Antonio Cesaro
10.Dean Ambrose-All 3 Shield members in the ring with faceoff with Ambrose and Reigns while Rollins tries to keep them together so they can work together.
11.Big Show-Reigns eliminates Big Show only to have both Rollins and Ambrose eliminate him while his back was turned.
12.Curtis Axel
13.Goldust-Goldust eliminates Cody for payback years ago. Starts feud to match between the two.
14.Del Rio
15.Dolph Ziggler
16.Miz
17.Big E Langston-eliminates Rollins and Ambrose among others.
18.Damien Sandow-
19.Mark Henry-teacher/student feud begins with Big E and Henry as Henry eliminates him.
20.Santino-humor talking about 2011 moment in that match.
21.Jake "The Snake" Roberts-Snake vs cobra humor....
22.Ryback-if Ryback is facing Goldberg or Lesnar in a future match....he better look strong which is the point as he eliminates everyone in his path til Cena arrives....
23.Sin Cara
24.Christian
25.Rey Mysterio
26.John Cena
27.Goldberg-The music hits and Rybacks eyes don't leave the ramp. Fans chant for the real Goldberg and it is the real one. Ryback exits the ring through the ropes. Goldberg comes in and dominates with the biggest reaction being the spear on John Cena. Goldberg is the only man standing in the ring with Ryback on the outside of the ring. They lock eyes only for next entry's music hits.....
28.Brock Lesnar-Fans go nuts yet again, but Goldberg took focus off of Ryback waiting for Lesnar. Ryback comes from behind and eliminates Goldberg!! Lesnar attacks Goldberg after he was eliminated and F5s him on the floor knocking him out. Faceoff with Ryback until next entrys music hits......
29.CM Punk-Punk gets his revenge of the loss from Summerslam and eliminates Lesnar from the Rumble!!
30.HHH-How'd he get that #?

2014 Royal Rumble winner: Daniel Bryan "YES! YES! YES!"

How'd I do booking the Royal Rumble 2014? How would you book Royal Rumble 2014? Who do you want to win the Royal Rumble match this year? Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble match? Who do you want to be a surprise entry in the Royal Rumble match? Leave that and more in the comment section below.

Submit "Booking Challenge: Royal Rumble 2014" to Digg Submit "Booking Challenge: Royal Rumble 2014" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking Challenge: Royal Rumble 2014" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking Challenge: Royal Rumble 2014" to Google

Updated 12-18-2013 at 06:56 PM by TheGreatOne (tags, category, ect)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

GreatOne -
    This seems a good start for booking The Royal Rumble. My comments for each match are below, but I will preface them with a few general comments:
    * I am not seeing your vision for the Rumble? What are your goals, and what are you setting up with this program?
    * Why do you have so much talent wrestling twice on the card? I would reserved this for special occasions (such as the Rumble where Piper defeated The Mountie for the IC then ended up along with Flair for almost 3 minutes during the Rumble)
    * I like the match count you have; you can play with the times and set up the Rumble quite nicely.

1. The Tag Team Turmoil match seems fun, and most of the significant teams are represented. If we want Ambrose to defend the USC, then we should keep him out of the Rumble. You booked Tons of Funk and that team appears over as of Monday. Instead, let's pull Reigns and Rollins from the Rumble and add them. We can get a sense of how over they are as a Tag Team, and we can build on "them vs. Ambrose".

2. The plan for the Diva Belt seems unfocused, but that does seem to match current on-air booking. I might take this the other direction; have AJ not only insult the Total Deva folks but point out that REAL wrestlers come through NXT and are not Divas. It positions her to feud with any of the Total Divas as well as current roster members who came up through diva searches.

3. I like the plan for the US Title, but I would remove Mysterio and add Dolph Zilger. He's spent the last half of 2013 in someone's doghouse, and this is his coming out party. I don't know if he wins, but we set up a long program for Dolph.

4. I enjoy the Tag Match you have quite a bit. I am not sure on the Rhodes break-up, but it is a strong idea.

5. Langston vs. Reigns for the IC seems out of nowhere, and Reigns will be part of the Tag Team match. I would move Mark Henry into this slot.

6. We want Orton to defend, but Kane might be the right direction. I think we need to build more heat for Orton by having the Authority behind him, and selecting an opponent the crowd will immediately get behind.
    Pre – Show
    Fandango Vs Kofi Kingston
    Not allot to be said about this…………quick filler match to warm up the crowd

Intercontinental Title
    Big E Langston Vs The Miz
    The Miz needs to go back to being the heel Miz that held money in the bank and the WWE championship. Pull the trigger on his heel turn and let him start again. Langston can benefit from his experience and mic ability, as well as the fact that fans won’t just want him to win, they’ll want him to beat Miz up !

Tag Title
    Wyatt Family Vs The Uso’s
    Have the Wyatt Family holding the titles going into the match, and have them keep them coming out.

Diva’s Title
    AJ Lee Vs Tamina Snuka
    As the Rumble takes up 30 superstars this should give the WWE the chance to use the Diva’s correctly and give them enough time for a proper match. Remember Shawn Michaels and Diesel ? Same thing with these two ladies………it might not be the most original idea in the world, but the strong bodyguard turning on the heel wrestler who doesn’t treat them right will always work. More importantly it gives AJ and Tamina the chance to properly tell a story. Finish should be Tamina knocking out the ref with a big boot and AJ cheats to steal the win………..Knocking out the male ref keeps Tamina strong and the feud going

WWE Unified Title
    Randy Orton Vs. John Cena
    I can hear the groans from here…………but the reason to have this match is two-fold, one because it’s the Rumble itself that draws, so having a not overly original match is of no danger and two because I would book Cena against the Undertaker for WM so he needs to be firmly out of the title picture. Orton then does enough to hold onto the title and end the feud

Royal Rumble March

1. Danial Bryan
    2. Roman Reigns
    3. Seth Rollins
    4. Dean Ambrose

Everyone Smells a rat as Daniel Bryan finds himself up against all three members of the shield. Does someone really not want him to win the Rumble ?

5. Dolph Ziggler
    6. Sin Cara
    7. Xavier Woods
    8. Bad News Barrett
    9. Christian
    10. Kane
    11. Goldust

The Faces attempt to even the score but the Shield with the help of Corporate Kane continue to run riot. Sin Cara, Bad News Barrett and Xavier Woods are quickly eliminated

12. Jack Swagger
    13. The Big Show
    14. R-Truth
    15. Cody Rhodes
    16. Tyson Kidd
    17. Ryback
    18. Bray Wyatt
    19. Tensai

A Roman Regins spear topples the big show, and the monster of the shield eliminates him to the shock of everyone. Cody Rhodes eliminates his brother, building towards a WM feud and the jobbers quickly get eliminated. Bray Wyatt savely attacks D Bryan

20. CM Punk
    21. Brodus Clay
    22. Kevin Nash
    23. Damian Sandow
    24. Antonio Cesaro
    25. Sheamus
    26. Chris Jericho
    27. Mark Henry
    28. Alberto Del Rio
    29. Curtis Axel
    30. Rey Mysterio

Final ten arrive down with eliminations coming quick and fast. Nash is accompanied to the ring by HHH who appears to be giving him directions. Final 5 are Punk, D Bryan, Del Rio, Sheamus and Nash. Michaels comes out from under the ring to get Bryan out -Nash eliminates Sheamus. Nash and Del Rio work over Punk but he defies the odds to win the Rumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire Icon
    Pre – Show

Diva’s Title
    AJ Lee Vs Tamina Snuka

WWE Unified Title
    Randy Orton Vs. John Cena

Royal Rumble March

1. Danial Bryan
    2. Roman Reigns
    3. Seth Rollins
    4. Dean Ambrose

Everyone Smells a rat as Daniel Bryan finds himself up against all three members of the shield. Does someone really not want him to win the Rumble ?

5. Dolph Ziggler
    6. Sin Cara
    7. Xavier Woods
    8. Bad News Barrett
    9. Christian
    10. Kane
    11. Goldust

The Faces attempt to even the score but the Shield with the help of Corporate Kane continue to run riot. Sin Cara, Bad News Barrett and Xavier Woods are quickly eliminated

12. Jack Swagger
    13. The Big Show
    14. R-Truth
    15. Cody Rhodes
    16. Tyson Kidd
    17. Ryback
    18. Bray Wyatt
    19. Tensai

A Roman Regins spear topples the big show, and the monster of the shield eliminates him to the shock of everyone. Cody Rhodes eliminates his brother, building towards a WM feud and the jobbers quickly get eliminated. Bray Wyatt savely attacks D Bryan

20. CM Punk
    21. Brodus Clay
    22. Kevin Nash
    23. Damian Sandow
    24. Antonio Cesaro
    25. Sheamus
    26. Chris Jericho
    27. Mark Henry
    28. Alberto Del Rio
    29. Curtis Axel
    30. Rey Mysterio

Final ten arrive down with eliminations coming quick and fast. Nash is accompanied to the ring by HHH who appears to be giving him directions. Final 5 are Punk, D Bryan, Del Rio, Sheamus and Nash. Michaels comes out from under the ring to get Bryan out -Nash eliminates Sheamus. Nash and Del Rio work over Punk but he defies the odds to win the Rumble
    I wanna state my thoughts on some of your matches including as to why I didn't do them and so forth. I think they are keeping the Miz face for now because the stupid movie no one wants to see. LOL! Things could change of course, but I don't think beating the Miz does anything for Big E to look good. Axel, Barrett, and even Kofi did the same thing. Miz's recent stint with tons of losses as of late. I want big midcard matches for a change instead of the same old midcarders in the same slots. That is the problem with the midcard title and why it is so boring. US and IC champs face along beat the same opponents.

I'm all for the big event when they turn like the Rumble. Buy time for there Mania match because there is a big length of time between December or early January and Mania. Next ppv just get a rematch or something after making up only for Goldust to leave him there alone battling for the tag titles vs Wyatt Family.

Divas match, I was strongly considering Tamina vs AJ for the strap at Rumble, but what would happen at Mania. No heel in the company is even close to AJ. I want the belt to be up for grabs at Mania. Make the belt mean something again. Rest of the divas is babyfaces anyway virtually. If a Divas match will be featured at Mania, AJ should be in it!!

Unified title, I think best case scenario at least my perspective is that Cena gets his rematch on the first Raw of this year. His final shot, Cena can still battle for it at the Chamber in the chamber match I suppose. I just like the idea of turning Kane babyface now that Bearer is going in the Hall. Make it meaningful, build a story around it making Kane a monster again. He is doing this for Pual....does he need to win the title? No, but a Kane vs Sheamus match where he declares he is the new big red machine with Kane leaving victorious sounds good to me. I don't believe Sheamus will be ready in time for the Rumble even though I edited him out last minute due to recent reports I read.

I like spreading stars around in the Rumble match. Lacks a lot of star power, as far as guys being used more than once. Recent Rumbles have had guys battle for the world title only to compete later that night. They have been having guys compete in both midcard matches and Rumble for years now. Don't see the issue.....better them than Ryder or Bad News Barrett over Rhodes and Goldust. Didn't put Kane in the Rumble cuz the tradition dating back years I want to continue.

Both agree on the winner which is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest_McDonald
    GreatOne -
    This seems a good start for booking The Royal Rumble. My comments for each match are below, but I will preface them with a few general comments:
    * I am not seeing your vision for the Rumble? What are your goals, and what are you setting up with this program?
    * Why do you have so much talent wrestling twice on the card? I would reserved this for special occasions (such as the Rumble where Piper defeated The Mountie for the IC then ended up along with Flair for almost 3 minutes during the Rumble)
    * I like the match count you have; you can play with the times and set up the Rumble quite nicely.

1. The Tag Team Turmoil match seems fun, and most of the significant teams are represented. If we want Ambrose to defend the USC, then we should keep him out of the Rumble. You booked Tons of Funk and that team appears over as of Monday. Instead, let's pull Reigns and Rollins from the Rumble and add them. We can get a sense of how over they are as a Tag Team, and we can build on "them vs. Ambrose".

2. The plan for the Diva Belt seems unfocused, but that does seem to match current on-air booking. I might take this the other direction; have AJ not only insult the Total Deva folks but point out that REAL wrestlers come through NXT and are not Divas. It positions her to feud with any of the Total Divas as well as current roster members who came up through diva searches.

3. I like the plan for the US Title, but I would remove Mysterio and add Dolph Zilger. He's spent the last half of 2013 in someone's doghouse, and this is his coming out party. I don't know if he wins, but we set up a long program for Dolph.

4. I enjoy the Tag Match you have quite a bit. I am not sure on the Rhodes break-up, but it is a strong idea.

5. Langston vs. Reigns for the IC seems out of nowhere, and Reigns will be part of the Tag Team match. I would move Mark Henry into this slot.

6. We want Orton to defend, but Kane might be the right direction. I think we need to build more heat for Orton by having the Authority behind him, and selecting an opponent the crowd will immediately get behind.
    *Goals is to set up feuds for the biggest stage of them all WM. I don't want throw away matches on the ppv. I want legit big times matches everyone wants to see. AJ vs anyone creates much needed buzz to a division that needs it. AJ beating a former women's champion would supply bragging rights I want AJ to have so when she is finally beaten by Tamina at say Mania....it will make Tamina.

Big E vs Reigns is something everyone wants to see. Who could see Reigns losing on a big stage or E losing the title so soon? Reigns still technically a heel with Ambrose costing him the match on purpose leading to say a match at WM.

Give the tag belts to Wyatts to toy with especially with all the face teams that in the division. Give them the reigns to the tag division with putting a program between Rhodes/Goldust at Mania.

Fuel the turn of Cesaro vs Swager and make a big time US title match to boot.

Kane turning face is because Bearer is going in the Hall. Disrespect of Paul Bearer is making Kane want to destroy Orton. Long term plan, make Kane a monster again and honoring Bearer at WM30 by defeating a monster say Sheamus.

*....I got talent on 2x so much because isn't every wrestler every year going out there competing 2x other than the world champions in recent years? That is why I did that, however, Kane isn't competing in the Rumble because I go for the tradition of the man getting a world title shot doesn't get to compete in the Rumble. Midcard guys have competed in Rumble for years.

*I think the match amount is solid as well especially with the card I built. Didn't get crazy like usual.....you know every year it is like 4 with a filler. Rather just have 5 big time matches than the Rumble. No BS!!

1.I'd rather keep them in the Rumble and just do a fatal 4 way....hell, I'd rather add Real Americans. Just make the US title match 1 on 1. Possibly triple threat with sin cara.....

2.AJ has virtually beat every total Diva with the strap on the line. Time to move forward, AJ brags to steph about defeating all of them. Asks for some competition, she promises it at Royal Rumble. Which is the point, this isn't about what is on tv now besides the current champions. This is my storylines and matches I want to see. Is it a current diva, former diva, or some NXT Diva?

3.I'd rather see Ambrose hold onto the title for Reigns to take at Mania. Don't want to see Ziggler lose yet again another midcard match which is why he wasn't booked there.

4.Gonna break up eventually, I believe Goldust is just around til they have that final singles bout which is likely Mania.

5.I'd rather hold off on the Henry/Langston match which will likely happen at the ppv for a future Mania match for the strap. Royal Rumble is a month away, not enough time to build it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I wanna state my thoughts on some of your matches including as to why I didn't do them and so forth. I think they are keeping the Miz face for now because the stupid movie no one wants to see. LOL! Things could change of course, but I don't think beating the Miz does anything for Big E to look good. Axel, Barrett, and even Kofi did the same thing. Miz's recent stint with tons of losses as of late. I want big midcard matches for a change instead of the same old midcarders in the same slots. That is the problem with the midcard title and why it is so boring. US and IC champs face along beat the same opponents.
    My thinking on the Big E Vs Miz match was more in terms of developing Big E........which in turn makes him look strong. Fans would love to see Regins Vs Big E but as I see it there are two risks to that......firstly unless you're talking a double DQ or count out one of them has to lose, which would derail the push that both are currently receiving. Secondly both these guys are still pretty inexperienced....whose gonna call the match ? Personally I think they could both do with being in with more experienced guys at this point in their career

Divas match, I was strongly considering Tamina vs AJ for the strap at Rumble, but what would happen at Mania. No heel in the company is even close to AJ. I want the belt to be up for grabs at Mania. Make the belt mean something again. Rest of the divas is babyfaces anyway virtually. If a Divas match will be featured at Mania, AJ should be in it!!
    Couldn't agree with you more on AJ, which is why I would have her retain the title against Tamina and give them a proper story and build for their match going forward. I'd have AJ keeping hold of her title through less then scrupulous ways up until Mania with Tamina finally getting the pay off at Mania

I like spreading stars around in the Rumble match. Lacks a lot of star power, as far as guys being used more than once. Recent Rumbles have had guys battle for the world title only to compete later that night. They have been having guys compete in both midcard matches and Rumble for years now. Don't see the issue.....better them than Ryder or Bad News Barrett over Rhodes and Goldust. Didn't put Kane in the Rumble cuz the tradition dating back years I want to continue.

Both agree on the winner which is good.
    Stars getting double booked for the Rumble is a big No-No for me...........it just seems to undermine the people they're against in their match or the Rumble itself. If they win their match then what does it say about the guys they beat that they can then go in and battle 29 other guys.........and if they lose their match they're just no-selling their loss.......for me it has to be one or the other, otherwise it's just not believable
    Updated 12-20-2013 at 10:06 AM by Eire Icon

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.