View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Dolph Ziggler "Give him a chance to show the world"

Rate this Entry
I made a blog about my favorite wrestlers a couple months ago. Dolph was and still is my favorite wrestler currently. He has been for about a year or so. Now we hear rumors, rumors about Dolph not being a draw. Ability to draw money, ppv buys, and fans in the stands. My favorite wrestler not able to draw? Dolph isn't the first guy nor will he be the last guy who will be questioned if they can draw. Do I think he can? Obviously......which is the point of the blog. It is time to talk about my opinion of Dolph Ziggler, through the time of spirit squad to being the showoff he is today. Here is superstar Dolph Ziggler:

Spirit Squad: Let's be honest, the Spirit Squad is, was, and will be remembered as a joke. Was it meant to be successful? Aka have a male cheerleader gimmick as WWE champion? No! Short term way to get young guys on tv. Who likes male cheerleaders? Obviously heels along with being annoying ones at that. They did however, win the tag team gold from Kane and Big Show by my surprise. Eventually lost them to Piper/Flair which I was there live. In any case, the group was created to make a star who shined which was Kenny. No one else really stood out besides Mike Mondo who was the other who usually wrestled. Fought legends along the way, DX, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Piper, among others which was a learning experience for everyone in the group. This is what happens, things don't turn out like they are planned. Kenny didn't become a star while Dolph has made the biggest impact of any in the group. Do I need to cover his short period with Chavo?

Greeter/Vickie Guerrero: Every week on Raw, Dolph introduced himself while everyone laughs at the reaction to whoever he introduces himself to. Got his name recognized which lasted for months without really having a match on Raw or SD. You thought, he wasn't going to make it because WWE was making him look silly. However, WWE had confidence in him. At least, I thought it was when Vickie started managing him. I was wondering why him, at the time? She went from well-known talent like Edge, Chavo, ect. to Dolph who had no real track record. Got into the main event scene vs Edge. Even though he lost like every single time, he still got rematches. Which became very annoying to me....is he really that good? Why is Vickie still with him after the Edge feud? Won some midcard titles, I think he won both IC and US which were good runs. Had some good matches with Rey Mysterio at Summerslam and so forth. Won the world title from Edge on SD, but lost it back on the same night. Teamed with Swagger for a while, but really wasn't going anywhere.

Z True Long Island story: I didn't know about the show, I read on news websites about it. I thought it was some stupid fan trying to give opinions, but one day I clicked on it after reading some comments about it. It had Zack Ryder on it and I gave it a look. Not to get off topic about Ryder, but Dolph was on the show. He would interrupt the show and end the quote: Showoff. It began to be my favorite part of the whole show when Dolph would show up. I never really payed attention to Dolph because Vickie spoke for him all the time. We all know how annoying she is, but I still am glad she is on TV. I don't agree with weight comments being made about her. I think it has gone a bit too far and really isn't even that funny. In any case, I became a fan of Dolph Ziggler like that. Cocky attitude, cool nickname, and so forth. The only thing I refuse to do is that hair thing he does, just not me. LOL! His promo at Survivor Series is cool as well leading to Ryder coming out to a big pop. We wanted to see that midcard match and we got it. Didn't really go anywhere besides teaming with Swagger which ended up as a flop.

MITB/AJ: Winning the MITB finally after stealing the show night after night. Earning the respect of fans across the globe despite Vickie managing him. The losing streak began , losing to Jericho at Summerslam, a guy who lost every match since coming back basically. However things started to change when Dolph picked up a victory in the main event of the final ppv of the year TLC. Defending his MITB briefcase vs the top guy John Cena. Began a relationship with AJ which didn't last long enough with that trio of Big E,& AJ. Tradition of kiss losing streak at Mania is something small to look forward to yearly at Mania. 1 of the biggest moments of 2013 was when Dolph Ziggler cashed in the MITB the night after Mania. Everyone complaining wanting him to cash in. I wanted someone to cash in at Mania. Still do, I wanted Ziggler to ruin a babyfaces moment of retaining or winning the world title. Still waiting for someone to cash in at Mania. In any case, injury cut his reign short. PO over Del Rio winning the belt back and Ziggler not really having a title reign after waiting so long for it.

Why?: Why does he lose every week? Why did they break up Big E, AJ, and Dolph? Besides AJ, the others have been struggling going anywhere. Now he is being punished because of what he says in interviews. Apparently he can't draw? How about give him a shot. You certainly been giving Del Rio more shots despite being terrible in every way. Give him a chance to show the world what he has!! Show that he is one of the best in the business.

There my friends is my thoughts on the showoff, Dolph Ziggler!! Are you a fan of Dolph Ziggler? Do you think he can be a draw? Are you a fan? When did you become a fan? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Submit "Superstar Dolph Ziggler "Give him a chance to show the world"" to Digg Submit "Superstar Dolph Ziggler "Give him a chance to show the world"" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Dolph Ziggler "Give him a chance to show the world"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Dolph Ziggler "Give him a chance to show the world"" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm a fan.

But here's the thing.

IMO.. He's a modern day Mr Perfect, not a modern day Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart/Randy Savage.

Granted he should be winning way more than he is lately, but not at a main event level. There's just... Something that he's lacking in. I've always thought it, and I've never been able to think just quite what. In the ring he's absolutely one of the best in the world, but he lacks that physical presence (whatever that means lol) that, say, CM Punk, and even the shorter Daniel Bryan possess. Perhaps it's because of the fact that he's so good at selling and getting thrown around the ring that (lol) the majority of the time in his matches he's always selling and getting thrown around the ring...

Not a good look for a main eventer.

Maybe Dolph needs to learn to be a little more selfish if he wants to break into the main event scene on a full time basis.
    Nice blog man.

I'm a huge fan, for me, he has everything needed to reach the top. I just don't think he's got that chance. Listen to that pop when he cashed in and won the title.. It was immense! I really thought that was going to be his moment and he would break out from there and he very well might have done, had it not been for that concussion.

I personally think he's just been unlucky like with the injury and just been involved in some bad booking like splitting him from AJ, I thought together they could have been the next Edge & Lita and would have drawn some major heat. However, right now, he's on such a downward spiral, just random matches with Sandow and while they have been enjoyable. As a Dolph fan, it's not where I want to see him be.

I'm hopeful he will at least get one more chance at the big time in the future and when he does, he has to take it or else he will remain where he is, until he decides it's enough and leaves. I think Kash brings up a good point with the selling and Mr. Perfect similarities of making other people look great. Perhaps that's the burden he's dealt himself. Hope not, as like others I have always seen him as the could be, modern day Shawn Michaels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero
    I'm a fan.

But here's the thing.

IMO.. He's a modern day Mr Perfect, not a modern day Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart/Randy Savage.

Granted he should be winning way more than he is lately, but not at a main event level. There's just... Something that he's lacking in. I've always thought it, and I've never been able to think just quite what. In the ring he's absolutely one of the best in the world, but he lacks that physical presence (whatever that means lol) that, say, CM Punk, and even the shorter Daniel Bryan possess. Perhaps it's because of the fact that he's so good at selling and getting thrown around the ring that (lol) the majority of the time in his matches he's always selling and getting thrown around the ring...

Not a good look for a main eventer.

Maybe Dolph needs to learn to be a little more selfish if he wants to break into the main event scene on a full time basis.
    I say why not give him a shot. It isn't like WWF/WWE has never had a poor wwe title reign. They have given chances to several guys in the past who has been terrible. Some more chances than they deserve. He sells a decent amount of merch, great in the ring, gets a positive reaction from the crowd. People are behind this guy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Nice blog man.

I'm a huge fan, for me, he has everything needed to reach the top. I just don't think he's got that chance. Listen to that pop when he cashed in and won the title.. It was immense! I really thought that was going to be his moment and he would break out from there and he very well might have done, had it not been for that concussion.

I personally think he's just been unlucky like with the injury and just been involved in some bad booking like splitting him from AJ, I thought together they could have been the next Edge & Lita and would have drawn some major heat. However, right now, he's on such a downward spiral, just random matches with Sandow and while they have been enjoyable. As a Dolph fan, it's not where I want to see him be.

I'm hopeful he will at least get one more chance at the big time in the future and when he does, he has to take it or else he will remain where he is, until he decides it's enough and leaves. I think Kash brings up a good point with the selling and Mr. Perfect similarities of making other people look great. Perhaps that's the burden he's dealt himself. Hope not, as like others I have always seen him as the could be, modern day Shawn Michaels.
    Sounds like me there.......crossing fingers for another shot!!
    He was given the chance to show the world. And it clearly didn't work out well. Here's the thing. You gotta have more then just fans behind you to succeed. You have to sell the product. Sell merch and ppvs. And clearly the back didn't feel he was doing his job when it comes to that. It doesn't help that no one on here buys ppvs anymore. You want them to succeed, buy the damn ppv
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cice
    He was given the chance to show the world. And it clearly didn't work out well. Here's the thing. You gotta have more then just fans behind you to succeed. You have to sell the product. Sell merch and ppvs. And clearly the back didn't feel he was doing his job when it comes to that. It doesn't help that no one on here buys ppvs anymore. You want them to succeed, buy the damn ppv
    Nope, he got hurt, lost his first ppv title defense. You don't decide after say a month that he can't be a top guy or a main event talent. Look at Del Rio? Who would you honestly pay to see? No question about it!!
    Ah Yes...A Blog about my Favorite...Good Ol' Dolph.

For those that know me and have read my blogs, I hate Ziggler. Always have. However, I must say, he never really had his chance. I don't see top guy potential in him at all, but when that time did come for him, he was never given that chance to run with the ball. So, as much as it pains me to say this...I agree with the title of this blog. Let Dolph have a chance to show the world.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.