View RSS Feed

JW22

My Thoughts on WWE's No Blood and No Head Chair Shots Policies

Rate this Entry
blood-drop-300x300_0_0_1.jpg
One of the biggest issues some have with WWE is that there is little to no blood seen in WWE nowadays and if there is, they delay the match to stop the bleeding. Now first off I want to state that I am a fan of Wrestling and have been for over 10 years now and I do enjoy the affect that blood brings to matches.

Many people will blame the lack of blood on the PG rating but that however is not the main factor. WWE banned the act of "Blading" also known as "Juicing" which is when a wrestler creates a cut on themselves to induce bleeding. WWE also banned chair shots to the head around this same time as well. This all mainly comes about from my opinion not only from the move to provide less edgy content but also to enforce their Wellness Policy which they put into play I believe in 2006, which not only helps to better protect the health and well-being of the talent on the roster but to also avoid IN MY OPINION bad media and build up WWE's reputation.

Times are changing that is for sure and there are a lot more blood diseases out there that might not be picked up when the talent is annually tested therefore all this plays into WWE's move to banning blading. I for one like I did state earlier thought blood played a good role in added effects in a match however the health and well-being is more important and now when someone is bleeding I know that it was done the hard way and is an actual cut/wound which helps with legitimacy of the business.

Check out this clip below which features Jim Ross, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes and 'Road Dogg' Brian James with Host "Mean" Gene Okerlund and their thoughts on Blood and the Evolution of Hardcore in Wrestling:

In order to have a good wrestling match, etc you do not need to have blood in the match. I have seen many matches and Pay-Per-Views with great wrestling and none involved blood. Anyway I guess you can say I am fine with the "No Blood" policy and for those who need to see blood in order to be engaged then you may want to rethink your stance with Professional Wrestling. Also on a side note the ban of head chair shots is another aspect that I agree with as well. It reduces the amount of concussions and is a better overall policy when it comes to the well-being of the talent. These two aspects are trivial compared to other things that need to be worried about in the Wrestling business.

Note: Will post a future blog on my thoughts about the switch from TV-14 to PG, etc in the future.

Submit "My Thoughts on WWE's No Blood and No Head Chair Shots Policies" to Digg Submit "My Thoughts on WWE's No Blood and No Head Chair Shots Policies" to del.icio.us Submit "My Thoughts on WWE's No Blood and No Head Chair Shots Policies" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Thoughts on WWE's No Blood and No Head Chair Shots Policies" to Google

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.