View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Road to TLC

Rate this Entry
Hello one and all. First, I want to thank you for taking a second to read my blog. Next, for anyone who is familiar with this series, I normally do it in the format of the good, the bad, and the indifferent, and then the overall thoughts. That is indeed how this will be. So, this is the first Raw after Survivor Series. I ended up purchasing Survivor Series last night, and I don't know if it was because of the PPV, or what, but by the WWE Championship match, I had fallen asleep. So I woke up and watch the ending. Needless to say, I don't feel like I missed a lot. So I'm just going to get straight into the thoughts from Raw.

The Good
Opening segment with Cena/Orton/Authority
6 man tag match-Shield vs Mysterio/Rhodes Bros
Ziggler vs Sandow
Handicap Match

Ok, so Ill start from the top, and work my way to the bottom. First, the opening segment. I really enjoyed this. Sure they teased it last night at Survivor Series, but I felt like this promo was actually a good one. It wasn't overly sappy by Cena, It wasn't dry and dull by Orton. I liked it. I think it sets up what will be an interesting match at TLC. Sure, one could look at it and go "Man, Cena vs Orton again, we've seen this already" or "Come on, we know Cena is just going to win once more and add another title to his resume, Cena sucks". Or whatever other countless dribblings people can come up with. I on the other hand, am trying to stay optimistic. I'd rather they unify the titles, rather than give one guy both belts. Moving on. Up next is the 6 man tag team match. I rather enjoyed this match. Week after week, I'm becoming a bigger fan of Roman Reigns. I know there are rumblings the WWE want to turn him, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Last night at Survivor Series,, when he got that final spear to pick up the win, i actually cheered. I'm definitely interesting in seeing where all of the Shield go after they break up eventually. Moving on. We got Ziggler vs Sandow in a hardcore match. I thoroughly enjoyed their match last week, and for me at least, this weeks didn't disappoint. I'm really excited to see what they do with Sandow after having lost while cashing in. I hope we see him as a champ in 2014, but with how the WWE is, anything could happen. Moving on. We get the Survivor Series rematch...er..I mean the handicap match of the Wyatt family vs Punk and Bryan. I really liked the promo before the match, as well as the match itself. I was hoping after last night this feud wasn't over, and I'm glad to see it isn't. I'm wondering why the Family took Bryan, and what is going to come of it.

The Bad
*Miz/Titus/Stahan segment
* 7 on 7 Diva's Match

So let's start with the guest host of raw this week. This whole segment, to me, was a big ole steaming pile of crap. It didn't seem like the fans were really into it, unless someone was pandering to them. This felt like a waste of time, and honestly, almost had me switching the channel. I'm all for the guest host every now and again, but do something better than what was done here. That is all. Moving on. So we get a survivor series rematch. I...yeah this left me speechless. I use to be a big fan of the diva's division, as I am sure others were also, but this is a prime example of what is right, and what is oh so wrong with the division. There were moments in this match that I was like "yeah! Nice!" and other moments where I was like "Really, this is completely stupid" Sigh...I digress.

The Indifferent
Big E/Henry vs Ryback/Axel
Miz vs Kofi Kingston
Woods vs Slater
Main Event Match

So to start, we got Big E Langston and Mark Henry vs Ryback vs Curtis Axel. This match wasn't boring, but it wasn't exciting. It was luke warm. I am wondering where they are going with this. I hope Big E doesn't get struck with the IC title curse. I like him. Moving on. Next we had Miz vs Kofi Kingston, another survivor series rematch. I remember when it use to be after a PPV, a few feuds would continue but most were done and we'd see the start of a new feud. This match was ok. I don't really care for either Miz or Kofi anymore. They are just kind of there. Moving on. We had Woods vs Slater. I like Woods. I really enjoyed his tag match last week, I even enjoyed certain parts of this match. I just wish he had faced someone other than slater. Not a huge fan of 3mb. I feel like they are a waste of time. But hey, that is just one mans opinion. The Main Event match...well....idk. I was honestly indifferent to it. I sat there watching, not thinking "man this sucks" or thinking "wow this is great". It was ok.

Overall
So for the first Raw since Survivor Series, it was ok. If i gave it a grade, it would be a C+ or B-. it served it's purpose, and moved things along, but some parts just really dragged. I know it won't happen, atleast for a while, but I really think they need to go back to a two hour format. 3 hours is just way too long. Well that is it. Thanks for taking the time to read! I look forward to your comments!

Submit "Uncooked: Road to TLC" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Road to TLC" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Road to TLC" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Road to TLC" to Google

Updated 11-25-2013 at 11:36 PM by bearkg88

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome Back Uncooked!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.