View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 shoulda wins: Survivor Series

Rate this Entry
This isn't top 10 moments or matches? This is top 10 shoulda wins, which is a concept I created to talk about who should have won at this big event. It was made more to talk about the major ppvs aka the big 4 mainly because I've already discussed best and worst both in moments and matches. So what is shoulda wins? Basically it is, a performer should have won this particular match, but they didn't. Hold it off til the next ppv, instead of a big victory on a major ppv. Examples: Goldberg 03 world title, The Rock WM2000 WWF title, ect. Even though Survivor Series don't get as much love in recent years, it is still an original of the big 4. So here it is, the top 10 shoulda wins in Survivor Series history:

HM: Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels 97-I'm joking here, Bret should have lost. Eat it Bret Hart fans!!

10.Big Show vs Mark Henry 11-Going into the ppv, you didn't or at least I didn't believe Big Show would win the world title. He didn't end up doing so either. However, the reason for that could be because Mark Henry just recently won the world title from Randy Orton at Vengeance. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. Big Show however ended up winning the world title from Mark Henry the following month at TLC. The question I have and Big Show has is why wait the month? As always WWE does this, hold off the title win for whatever reason. Why should he have won? It is in MSG, you have a 500(400?) pound giant on a top rope for virtually the first and only time I can remember. He delivers an elbow, that should have been the finsh as the place went crazy. It is once in a lifetime deal, be a top moment in Survivor Series history. Certainly a memorable one especially with the elbow. Big Show should have won the world title at Survivor Series.
9.HHH vs The Rock vs Big Show 99-The show where Big Show replaced Austin where Rikishi "did it for The Rock." Austin was runover, not seen until I believe Backlash of 2000 after that. Big Show won, why? I still don't understand why. He did defend the title against Big Bossman after Bossman went to see Big Show's papa. What was the point? Lost it on Raw to HHH, which is still remembered with the green and black confetti with DX members by his side. It was really his first WWF title win and run that people remember. Went on to have classics with Mick Foley, The Rock, Jericho, and so forth. The main event for the next ppv was HHH vs Vince McMahon after HHH married and ruined Steph's wedding. Steph was at ringside. Why not have Vince challenge for the WWF title along with getting revenge on HHH? Main event anyway and HHH just ended up winning the WWF title back anyway. Big Show shouldn't have won that match!!
8.Steve Austin vs Bret Hart 96-Bret Hart returned finally after so many months after WM12 vs the hottest superstar in WWE at the time Stone Cold Steve Austin. Why did he return and win? He could have put over Stone Cold? At a big stage, Austin didn't defeat Bret Hart. Yea, he put him over at WM13, but according to Bret it wasn't even planned for Stone Cold. It was suppose to be Bret vs HBK with Bret getting the win over HBK the way Austin did. I suppose Bret needed a win after coming back, but big match w/new up and coming star. I think Austin should have won that match.
7.Heidenreich vs Undertaker 04-Heidenreich came on to the scene slowly. I remember seeing him on Sunday Night Heat back in 03 before he became on the main roster basically. Heidenreich did these weird poems on SD. A memorable backstage segment with Michael Cole will be remembered in folks minds. No Mercy 04, Heidenreich attacked Taker and put him in the hearse. Costing him the WWE title....didn't stop there. Drove a truck into it as well, so yea.....Taker as always get revenge. However, Heidenreich did put up a great fight vs Taker only to lose on a big stage and in a big match. Both firsts for him so why did he lose? Would you have thought less of Taker had he lost to Heidenreich. It would just make Heidenreich that much more of a star and a threat on SD. However, he lost, cost him WWE title again only to lose to Taker at Royal Rumble. There is his career basically as a singles competitor in WWE......
6.Hart Family vs Shawn + Knights 93-Owen did technically win, but he lost thanks to his brother Bret. It should have been him, not Bret leading his team to victory!
5.Chyna vs Chris Jericho 99-IC title match, Jericho loses to Chyna. Everyone craps on Chyna for winning the IC title, but I thought the championship gained prestige when she won it to be honest with you. Had the likes of Jarrett, D-Lo Brown, among others battling for it at the time. Chyna defeated the likes of HHH and even became the #1 contender for the WWF title during the summer of 99. People didn't care about Jarrett or D-Lo. Jarrett was Marc Mero in 99....they only cared about his valet....not him!! D-Lo hasn't been cared about since the Nation of Domination days. Chyna beating Jericho is a no-no!
4.The Miz/R-Truth vs The Rock/John Cena 11-Oh, so now I'm telling you Miz/R-Truth should have beat Rock/Cena. YES, I AM!! The Miz/R-Truth hasn't been the same since that loss. Reason behind it, buyrates apparently. No one wanted to see that tag match anyway. We wanted to see Team Bring It vs Cenation. That would have drew buys....didn't want to see them team. Rock lose in his first match back? I was thinking he wouldn't lose go in because of that. Would it have hurt Rock or Cena to lose to Miz/R-Truth after Rock say delivers a Rock bottom to Cena leaving him out there 2 on 1? It would have elevated both Miz/R-Truth....Cena/Rock are as big as any superstar can dream of being at. Rock lost to Hurricane on Raw back in 03, do you think any less of Rock now? Still one of the best this business has ever seen. You can't sit there and tell me, Rock/Cena careers would be hurt by loss. Miz/R-Truth should have won!!
3.Jeff Hardy vs HHH vs Kozlov 08-The match changed several times with Edge ended up winning the WWE title. Why? Still wondering....I guess 1 thought Jeff beating a heel like Edge would have a bigger payoff than defeating HHH. However, Jeff should have won the title at No Mercy 08....not Survivor Series or Armageddon. Jeff couldn't make it because, I forget the reason.....leave that in the comment section plz guys. In any case, changed to a singles match that I thought it would be in the first place between Kozlov and HHH. I was never happier to see Edge return than during that night. Everyone says WWE made a mistake with Kozlov this and that like they always do when WWE releases talent. For those who liked Kozlov, plz tune in to see that match. You will enjoy Kozlovs work...ugh!
2.Zack Ryder vs Dolph Ziggler 11-Yes, this match didn't take place at Survivor Series, but it should have. No one wanted to see Morrison vs Dolph, we wanted to see Ryder vs Ziggler!! It was in MSG, the crowd was chanting for Zack Ryder. However, Zack Ryder did make an appearance and a huge pop. However, he should have won the US title at MSG. Worlds most famous arena, still a memorable moment in Survivor Series history despite not leaving with the US title.
1.Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton 10-Special ref: John Cena is part of Nexus. If Barrett doesn't leave with the WWE title, John Cena will be fired! Cena was fired, but rehired in a short period. I think to this day, Barrett should have won the WWE title to go on to Mania to face John Cena. John Cena winning the strap back instead we got Miz winning the belt and having one of the worst main event in the history of WM. I say, Miz cash in on Cena after Cena beats Barrett. I hated the new Nexus with Punk leading the group. Thought it was horrible....Barrett should have won!!

There you have it!! The top 10 shoulda wins in Survivor Series history!! Well at least, my top 10. What is yours? Agree or disagree with my list? Good or bad? What are your thoughts on this piece? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!

Submit "Top 10 shoulda wins: Survivor Series" to Digg Submit "Top 10 shoulda wins: Survivor Series" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 shoulda wins: Survivor Series" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 shoulda wins: Survivor Series" to Google

Comments

Bad Blog. It seems the main problem you have is lack of patience. Most of these moves by WWE were done so that they could make the face chase longer so the payoff would have been bigger.
    10. See above.
    9. Original plans for WM2000 were BigShow vs Steve Austin, this started the buildup.
    8. Austin was not the megastar he was in '96, losing here put him on that way.
    7. Heidenreich was awful.
    6. Owen was the only one eliminated...it added to the match they would have at WMX.
    5. They wanted to push Chyna, Jericho was in the doghouse in 1999.
    4. Rock was not losing his return match in MSG.
    3. See above. Armageddon was an awesome payoff.
    2. Why have the match straight away after he lost at Vengeance? Him coming out after the match did more than have him win.
    1. Should Barrett have won? Maybe. Should Cena have waited before coming back? Yes. Was Barrett ready to main event WrestleMania? No. Only way he would have won was to be transitional to The Miz.
    Quote Originally Posted by niafv1
    Bad Blog. It seems the main problem you have is lack of patience. Most of these moves by WWE were done so that they could make the face chase longer so the payoff would have been bigger.
    10. See above.
    9. Original plans for WM2000 were BigShow vs Steve Austin, this started the buildup.
    8. Austin was not the megastar he was in '96, losing here put him on that way.
    7. Heidenreich was awful.
    6. Owen was the only one eliminated...it added to the match they would have at WMX.
    5. They wanted to push Chyna, Jericho was in the doghouse in 1999.
    4. Rock was not losing his return match in MSG.
    3. See above. Armageddon was an awesome payoff.
    2. Why have the match straight away after he lost at Vengeance? Him coming out after the match did more than have him win.
    1. Should Barrett have won? Maybe. Should Cena have waited before coming back? Yes. Was Barrett ready to main event WrestleMania? No. Only way he would have won was to be transitional to The Miz.
    10.How can it get any bigger than Big Show in MSG using the flying elbow in a world title match vs a monster like Mark Henry. I heard Big Show's reasoning as to why he should have won it that night, which I agreed. Everybody would be talking about that moment looking back. Instead they arn't going to look back at the elbow as much since he didn't win the match. I didn't expect nor did I want Big Show to win at the time. Henry just won the belt like a month or 2 ago.
    9.Whether it is true or not of that rumor is beyond me. Big Show had 0 reaction from the crowd, you just felt sympathy for the Giant. It was just out of no where, no one cared about Big Show vs Bossman for the WWF title. We only cared about HHH vs Vince that also happened on that night. That was the main event in my eyes. Everyone elses as well, isn't like it wasn't a huge payoff because HHHs first real WWF title win in my eyes was vs Big Show on that Raw.
    8.I'm a stone cold mark, now days, I always root for the young unproven guy to win. See why it is on the list.....
    7.Who said he was great?He can't talk on the mic or wrestle.....does that mean he shouldn't win? First big match, loses.....career was virtually over after the loss.
    6.I know it was part of the storyline, I was just being sarcastic. Siding with Owen when he said it should have been a clean sweep.
    5.no kidding.....
    4.I know, but the shock factor along with Cena, Rock, or both turning on each other costing themselves the match. That would have created much needed buzz WWE was needing during that time rather than predictable finishes. I knew Rock wasn't losing his return match.
    3.I enjoyed the Jeff Hardy celebration as much as anyone, however, I think it should have happened sooner. How many wins over Hardy does HHH need under his belt before he drops the belt? Jeff didn't even hold the belt for more than a month. That was very disappointing as was the # of world title changes in 2009.
    2.Lets do a match no one wants to see from the crowd there to the people at home on ppv. Don't get me wrong it was a cool moment for Ryder, 1 could argue his best. Didn't see the point in waiting.....
    1.My thought process was, Barrett wins Survivor Series, Cena wins the WWE title back from Barrett at Mania only for the Miz to ruin the moment by cashing in by winning his first. It certainly would have been better to see that than the terrible Nexus/Corre we had heading in along with one of the worst main events in the history of Mania.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.