View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Survivor Series 2013: Who will survive?

Rate this Entry
What is up one and all? I hope everyone is doing well, and is looking forward to Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I know I am. Before we get there though, we have a stop at Survivor Series. One of the big four PPV's of the year for the WWE. In this blog, i am going to give my opinion on each match that has been announced for the card, and who I think will win. To start with, I think this will roughly be the order of the PPV.

Pre Show: Miz vs Kofi Kingston
IC Title Match: Big E Langston vs Curtis Axel
Ryback Open Challenge
Traditional Survivor Series Match: Rhode Bros/Usos/Rey vs Shield/Real Americans
WHC Match: John Cena vs ADR
Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team Total Diva's vs Lee/Snuka/Fox/Rae/Aksana/Kaitlyn/Rosa
WWE Championship match: Big Show vs Randy Orton
Luke Harper/Erik Rowan vs Punk/Bryan

Yep, I think the tag match with the Wyatt Family vs Bryan/Punk will end the show, but I'll get into that later. So, lets start at the beginning and work to the end.

Miz vs Kofi Kingston
Now with Miz having just turned heel, I see this match showcasing the Miz, with giving Kofi a few big spots. The end result will be The Miz winning. If he doesn't, then what was the point of the turn?

IC Championship Match
Big E Langston vs Curtis Axel
I'm not sure what I think of Big E, but he is definitely better than Curtis. I see Big E winning this one hands down, after an ok to decent match. Part of me hopes we see Heyman drop Axel as a heyman guy, as I think Heyman's services can be better used, but we shall see.

I think there will be a Ryback open challenge. He Shellshocked Big Show on Raw, and the Great Khali on SD. He still is going with the "I'm a bully", and I could see him do an open challenger to either a) give him someone to squash, or b) bring back someone to challenge him, maybe Mark Henry, or someone else.

Traditional Survivor Series Match #1
Ok. So I am glad to see Rey back. I am a big Rey fan. My only concern is, Rey, sooner rather than later, will run out of it. It's already happening, him getting continually injured. I am wonder if this is Reys last big run. If so, I see his team winning. There are multiple ways this could go down. If they are thinking of splitting Reigns from Ambrose and Rollins, we could see Reigns get screwed over and be pinned, only to come back later in the match and spear one of the other shield to screw the. If that doesn't happen, well then, I see this being a rather normal survivor series match. I predict Rey and Cody being the sole survivors of their team.

WHC match:
John Cena vs ADR
So there was a blog on the editorial section of the site, where the writer said he thinks we will see a Cena vs ADR rematch at TLC. I think he is right, but I think we will see a twist added to it. I think we will see Sandow added to the mix, making it a triple threat TLC match. There are a variety of ways this match could end, with or without Sandow interfering, but I think the end result is Cena wins, and on one of the shows after Survivor Series, ADR demands a rematch, Sandow demands one, and it leads to the triple threat match.

Traditional Survivor Series Match #2
Ok so with the fact that the WWE is heavily pushing Total Diva's, I fear we will see the Total Diva's team win. Personally, I'd rather not see that. I'd rather see AJ Lee be the sole survivor of her team, and pick up the win, showing she is the dominant diva.

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton vs Big Show
This is a match that I'm really not excited for. I like the Big Show, I like Randy Orton, but I don't like them together. I see Orton getting the win, and hopefully moving on to a new opponent at TLC. I see the Big Show either losing clean, or getting screwed, and moving onto a match with either kane or HHH. Either way, keep Show out of the WWE title scene.

The Wyatt Family vs Punk/Bryan
So I have this as the main event. I know many will disagree, but I feel like the Wyatts are hot in the WWE, as are Punk and Bryan. I think this will close the show. I honestly can't predict a winner on this. On one hand, Punk and Bryan could get the win as a measure of revenge from the recent attacks, or the Wyatt Family could pick up the win to keep their momentum going. Either way, I think this is going to be the match of the night, and the match everyone is talking about.

Overall
So, I feel like this PPV is ok. It's not bad, it's not great. It's in the middle. I feel like a few of the matches have had a proper build, but I also feel like others are just meh. I don't think this will be a PPV that will stand out as a massive memory ten years from now. Maybe we will get some kind of surprise like last year with the Shield debuting. Who knows.

So, those are my thoughts. I look forward to reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Submit "Survivor Series 2013: Who will survive?" to Digg Submit "Survivor Series 2013: Who will survive?" to del.icio.us Submit "Survivor Series 2013: Who will survive?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Survivor Series 2013: Who will survive?" to Google

Updated 11-24-2013 at 01:20 PM by bearkg88

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog man.

I agree with most of your picks too, though I have to admit I'm a little down about this card. There isn't a match that seems breathtaking on this card. There are a few matches to look forward too though, lets keep positive.
    Nice blog Bear.

Yeah overall, I'm not too excited for this card. I think they missed a trick by not having Punk, Bryan, Uso's , Cody & Goldust vs The Shield & Wyatt Family. I really thought that was the way they was heading and for me, it should have.

Saying that.. I will be buying this Ppv as always and will be hoping it's a good one with a surprise or two in store.
    Ya. I caved in and bought it. I thought about streaming but decided not to

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.