View RSS Feed

01crusea

My first blog: WrestleMania XXX

Rate this Entry
First things first, this is my first blog. So please go easy. Also, my apologies if it’s too long. I (like all of us) put a lot of thought every year into what would be my dream card for WrestleMania. Please pay particular attention to the word dream in that sentence; I know a lot of what follows here is highly unlikely to happen in New Orleans. But it’s the pay-per-view I would want to see. So, here goes...

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho – Intercontinental Championship

Y2J is the go-to guy when someone needs putting over, so I’m sure he could manage double duty here. When The Shield eventually do disband, Ambrose/Rollins seems the easier feud given their physical similarities. Create tension by Ambrose losing the US title and Rollins winning the IC to become the only Shield member with some gold. Then throw a returning Jericho into the mix looking for a record tenth reign. Rollins would retain, setting up a ladder match with Ambrose at Extreme Rules.

The Usos (c) vs. The Prime Time Players vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel vs. The Wyatt Family – Tag Team Championship Elimination Match

I’ve just thrown a few teams together here, to be honest – it would be fun to see how much action they could cram into ten minutes or so. Have an Elimination Tables rematch at Extreme Rules to finally vamp up the excitement of the tag team division.

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust – Career vs. Career Match

Actually looks like it’s happening (but maybe not with my stipulation) so nothing to be said.

Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Jack Swagger – United States Championship

Cesaro takes the US title from Ambrose, making Swagger jealous of the gold and extra resentful given what title it is. Maybe a 2 Out of 3 Falls rematch at Extreme Rules.

Bray Wyatt vs. Damien Sandow

Turn Sandow face and let two of the up-and-comers put on a great match.

Roman Reigns (w/Vince McMahon) vs. Triple H – Control of WWE on the line

I read Steve Austin was considered as an opponent for Triple H but, to be honest, I never want to see him wrestle again. (More on that later.) So, when Vince returns, he reveals that Reigns was turned into a double agent of sorts many months ago, bringing down The Authority from within. Triple H puts over Reigns just like he did Batista in ’05 and Sheamus in ’10. Maybe have a rematch in a cage at Extreme Rules, just to push Reigns that bit further.

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

If Randy Orton really is going to be as brutal and vindictive as he was in ’09, then he needs an opponent that can only be beaten by brutality and vindictiveness. Tie in the fact that they’re the two youngest world champions in WWE history and, in my opinion, have Paul Heyman bring out Orton’s best promo work ever.

John Cena (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett – World Heavyweight Championship

To be honest, I ran out of people to put Cena against. But I like Sheamus and (being English) I like Barrett. So let Cena keep the WHC until ‘Mania and have two big brawlers return with their eyes on the prize. For all his faults, Cena can occasionally put people over very well. I’d give Barrett the win. Obviously. Then give him William Regal as a manager and finally let me enjoy some Englishmen thrive in WWE.

Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels

Ridiculously unlikely given HBK’s pretty convincing insistence that he will stay retired. But, let’s be honest, if he does have one more match then there would be no better opponent. The story writes itself.

The Rock vs. The Undertaker – No Disqualification

Reason No.1: having beaten Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and John Cena at previous WrestleManias, The Rock claims to have nothing left to achieve (teasing he won’t wrestle again after last year). This, of course, brings out ‘Taker who, much like when he challenged Triple H, just stares at the ‘Mania sign. Reason No.2: I’d love to see Rock have one more heel run. It would be fascinating to see how they would handle that with the media appearances he makes outside of wrestling. Reason No.3: I don’t care much for Lesnar/Taker because, well, I just wouldn’t believe that Lesnar would ever lose. Ever.

CM Punk (c) vs. Kurt Angle (Royal Rumble Winner) – WWE Championship

So, like I said earlier, I never want to see Steve Austin wrestle again. It just wouldn’t be the same – his act wouldn’t work half as well as it did back in the day. Besides, I don’t really buy into the theory that Austin/Punk is an obvious rivalry. One drinks and one doesn’t, who cares? On the other hand, Kurt Angle has had well-documented problems over the last few years. He also never won the Rumble, so if they could somehow keep his return a secret then him entering late and winning would be a great moment. Of course, Punk being Punk, his promos would blur the lines of what was scripted and what wasn’t beautifully and he would hold nothing back. I can see a lot of the Angle/Guerrero feud here and their WrestleMania XX match was awesome.

So that’s that. If you’re still with me then thanks very much for reading. Let me know what you think, good or bad. And remember: I know a lot of this is far-fetched but, like I said at the top, if I were pick the WrestleMania that I wanted to watch, that would be it.

People I didn’t include and why:

Alberto Del Rio – great in-ring work but a bit dull as a character
Big E Langston – I honestly don’t get what he big fuss is
Big Show – boring
Curtis Axel – average in-ring work, terrible character, even worse name
Divas – mega-boring, even with AJ Lee’s best efforts
Dolph Ziggler – see Alberto Del Rio
Fandango – I’m sure I would like him if he didn’t have a stupid gimmick
Kane – boring
Kofi Kingston – see Alberto Del Rio
The Miz – great character, average in-ring works
Rey Mysterio – even if he was declared fit, he can’t do what he used to
Rob Van Dam – don’t think he would be needed
Ryback – never liked him, not even a little bit

Submit "My first blog: WrestleMania XXX" to Digg Submit "My first blog: WrestleMania XXX" to del.icio.us Submit "My first blog: WrestleMania XXX" to StumbleUpon Submit "My first blog: WrestleMania XXX" to Google

Updated 11-15-2013 at 03:58 PM by 01crusea (formatting)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Let me state my thoughts on your "dream" card. 1st off let me say, I'm happy you gave reasons as to why you didn't include such wrestlers because many of your opinions of those wrestlers....I agree with. However, you have wrestlers on your card who won't be competing at Mania this year. Lets face facts, HBK isn't retiring, Angle just recently signed a multi year deal with TNA, and Rock in my eyes has already wrestled his last match. I for one am tired of these ridiculous rematches happening at Mania. Rock vs Taker has happened, why do we need it to happen? Because these guys didn't face at Mania? I'd rather see Bray Wyatt, John Cena, or even a whole group such as Shield or Wyatt Family in a 3 on 1 handicap match. Stack the deck a bit with Taker with something new rather than face the same opponents he has faced before in the past. I enjoyed Punk vs Taker last year with the buildup, first time in a long time.....actually Mania 25 since the buildup was actually really good. Rock put over Cena like it or not, that is what he came to do and he did it. Only way I want him to come back is for 2 matches, vs Orton or HBK. I don't even believe Jericho will be part of WM30 based on the recent interviews he has had with wrestling coming 2nd to his band.

I'll post my card some point closer to Mania 30, February I think I'll drop it in the booking challenge.

Daniel Bryan vs HBK is a dream match I'd like to see, but isn't going to happen.

Angle vs Punk wouldn't be my dream main event, I'd rather see Angle vs Bryan. main event? No, but it certainly would be the top match I'd like to see if Angle ever would return to the WWE.

Cena has a long storied feud with both competitors in the match. I actually wanted Barrett to win the WWE title at Survivor Series only for Cena to somehow get a match against him at WM to win the WWE title back at WM26. I'd rather see Cena face Bray Wyatt or Taker at Mania for or without the world title.

I want to see Orton vs Lesnar at some point, I'd prefer it to be at Summerslam because they both have a history there of winning their first world titles at that event both becoming youngest ever to win those belts. That is why.....I wanted that instead of HHH in 2012. I'd like to see Ryback beat Lesnar at Mania this year. Help him get back to where he once was.

I bet Vince picks Daniel Bryan to defeat HHH for control of WWE at Mania this year, but I'd rather see him face Dolph.

I think you could do something bigger and better for both Sandow and Wyatt than vs each other.

Cesaro vs Swagger would probably end up on the preshow even though of the matches you have on the card. I like Cesaro a lot more than others. I was disappointed that both Sandow and Cesaro didn't make the card. I would have been happy with a preshow match.

Should have happened the year Big Show won the Ic title from Rhodes. Felt like Cody lost momentum after that.

I figure a triple threat match for the US title possibly all shield member might happen. Either that or what I want with Wyatt Family vs Shield. For all the gold, US and tag gold with Wyatts defending the tag titles.
    Thanks for commenting. Fair enough if you're bored of unrealistic cards but I did say I know how unlikely a lot of it is. I was having fun imagining, not predicting.

But I do like your point about the Lesnar/Orton match – it would make a lot of historical sense to hold that match at a SummerSlam.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01crusea
    Thanks for commenting. Fair enough if you're bored of unrealistic cards but I did say I know how unlikely a lot of it is. I was having fun imagining, not predicting.

But I do like your point about the Lesnar/Orton match – it would make a lot of historical sense to hold that match at a SummerSlam.
    I know you know, but you might as well add some random legends to boot. I was just giving my personal preference on things. I don't predict cards either for the booking challenge, but I want to be realistic enough that the guys will actually be there. Get what I'm saying? Taker vs Sting has been on how many dream WM cards? I don't want to dream of so many big matches at one show because some deserve to be in the main event: Other than the undisputed title being on the line or Punk facing Austin seems like the only way he will achieve that goal. Nice first blog, sorry if I'm critical, but I expect the same from others. Give actual opinions without holding back.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.