View RSS Feed

SUZUKI-GUN

Tons of New Japan news!

Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
Several people have mentioned that news/results don't belong in the blogs section. With their thoughts in mind from now on I'm going to compile the weekly news and put it in one, maybe two posts per week. That way the news will still be on the site, but won't clutter things up sorta speak.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention yesterday that Hiroshi Tanahashi was elected into the 2013 Wrestling Observer Hall Of Fame.

*Former TNA and WWE wrestler Doc Gallows announced via Twitter (@ImpactDOC) that he'll be teaming up with ''Machine Gun'' Karl Anderson in the NJPW WORLD TAG LEAGUE Tournament that starts this Saturday. Since he's teaming with Anderson I'm assuming he'll be a part of The Bullet Club. A step up from Aces & Eights maybe?

*In a press conference today NJPW announced the 14 teams and brackets for the WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2013 tournament.

A BLOCK:
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan
Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma [GBH]
Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman [Muscle Orchestra]
Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii
Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi [Impact Players]
Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. [K.E.S.] (IWGP Tag Champions)
Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale

B BLOCK:
Testsuya Naito & La Sombra
Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima [TenCozy]
Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
Minoru Suzuki & Shelton “X” Benjamin
Rob Conway & Jax Dane
"The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

This years WORLD TAG LEAGUE is scheduled to begin on November 23 and will run for a total of 13 days. The first 12 days of the tournament are scheduled as point matches for the 2 blocks, then the final day on December 8 for the semi-finals and final match. The winners of the tournament will earn an IWGP Tag Championship opportunity at “WRESTLE KINGDOM 8” which will be on January 4 at the Tokyo Dome.

*Also today NJPW officially announced the first five matches for the upcoming “WRESTLE KINGDOM 8” event on January 4, 2014 at the Tokyo Dome.

Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel & Horace Gracie

IWGP Junior Tag Championship 4WAY Match: [37th Champions] “The Young Bucks” Matt & Nick Jackson vs. [Challengers] Taichi & TAKA Michinoku vs. [Challengers] “Time Splitters” KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. [Challengers] Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov.
~ 1st title defense.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [66th Champion] Prince Devitt vs. [Challenger] Kota Ibushi (DDT)
~ 5th title defense.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [6th Champion] Shinsuke Nakamura vs. [Challenger] Hiroshi Tanahashi
~ 4th title defense.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: [59th Champion] Kazuchika Okada vs. [Challenger / 2013 G1 CLIMAX Winner] Tetsuya Naito
~ 7th title defense.

It's being billed as a double main even show with Nakamura vs Tanahashi and Okada vs Naito, with the fans will be able to vote on which match they'd like to see as main event to end the show. You can vote at http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wrestling/...111/index.html. Unfortunately, it's in Japanese.

*The official WRESTLE KINDOM 8 website went online today at http://wrestlekingdom.jp. It's in Japanese, but there is tab marked ''English'' so I'll assume there will be a English version sometime soon as well.

( Sources: New Japan Pro Wrestling & http://keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com )

Submit "Tons of New Japan news!" to Digg Submit "Tons of New Japan news!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tons of New Japan news!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tons of New Japan news!" to Google

Updated 11-12-2013 at 04:19 PM by SUZUKI-GUN

Tags: japan, news, njpw
Categories
User News

Comments

Wrestle Kingdom card is shaping up to be immense already and I'll be there!
    I've been telling people for months that it was gonna be Naito vs Okada at Wrestle Kingdom this year, that match is gonna be awesome but Nakamura & Tanahashi might steal the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    You sir, are a lucky SOB!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by munchiewilson
    I've been telling people for months that it was gonna be Naito vs Okada at Wrestle Kingdom this year, that match is gonna be awesome but Nakamura & Tanahashi might steal the show.
    I think Nakamura vs Tanahashi will steal the show. The crowd is gonna go crazy for this one because everyone loves both of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    You're so lucky, the last time I went to a NJPW event was in '96.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUZUKI-GUN
    I think Nakamura vs Tanahashi will steal the show. The crowd is gonna go crazy for this one because everyone loves both of them!
    Yep but ofcourse we can't forget Devitt vs Ibushi.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.