View RSS Feed

jledwig

Opinion of Top Wrestlers From 1990- and Up

Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
I want to take the time and share my Top 10 Wrestlers since I have been watching Wrestling. I am 27 years old and grew up watching WCW and WWF back when the Monday Night Wars were in full force. This list is purely my opinion and I welcome any comments below. I will start from Least Favorite to Favorite. This list goes by success and just plain fun/exciting to watch on tv.

10. Mick Foley- Has had one of the most unpredicted and exciting careers in Wrestling. Whether he was Cactus Jack or Dude Love or Mankind, he always put his body on the line and was awesome to watch. From his Match against Sting at Bash at the Beach in 1992 to his match against Undertaker in Hell in a Cell, he continuously gave amazing matches.

9. Chris Jericho- Some people my question why hes listed above Foley but simple fact is Jericho is a much better wrestler. He has had some classics in WCW and also in WWE and still to this day is putting over talent for the better of the company. First Unified Champion and multiple other championships he deserves his place in the Top 10 List.

8. Sting - For me its hard to put sting on the Top 10 list only because we have seen him with only so many wrestlers. Being "Only" a WCW/TNA guy its hard to put him any higher than 8 because there are so many possibilities he could have been given. He could have classics with the likes of Shawn Michaels or Undertaker or Kane. But his role in WCW has been phenominal and much of WCW's success/TNA's only success is due to him.

7. Bret Hart - The Hitman is simply just a great wrestler. Not great on the Mic but he did have some Amazing Matches. With matches against Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin he was a must see Wrestler. 5 Time WWF Champion = Awesome!

6. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Out of most of these Wrestlers Stone Cold has probably the shortest career , but most exciting. He's not put higher on my list only because I don't consider him a great wrestler. Hes a Beat Your Ass down type of Wrestler. Not high Technical Moves. His memorable stuff with Vince Mcmahon and also his matches with Bret hart and The Rock are the highlights of his career. Not to mention the Championships he carried.

5. The Rock - The most Exciting person on the Mic and just as athletic as any of the above. He's not the greatest Technical Wrestler but if it weren't for him WWE would never have been the same.

4.Shawn Michaels - Shawn Michaels was just an unbelievable Athlete. He could wrestle, was good on the mic, was originally a great tag team partner. Once with Marty Janetty and then again later with Triple H. He put on Top Matches ever. Just to name a few:

Hbk vs Bret Hart - Survivor Series and Iron Man Match
Hbk vs Ric Flair - Career vs Career Match
Hbk vs Undertaker 1 & 2 - Memorable Wrestlemanias

3. Hulk Hogan - Yes folks I had to put him on the list. This is due to his success in the WWE and WCW and EVERYTHING. This man might be a coward now a days and might have some problems. But this man did put Wrestlemania on the map. He might not be the best on the Mic but he surely helped make WWE and WCW what it was. Now being his age and still trying to be active you have to respect the fact that he still to this day is still active and trying to be part of what he helped grow even bigger.

2. Undertaker - I want to so bad put Undertaker #1 but its hard to do so. Undertaker has only been in WWE. He has memorable matches and amazing story lines. His Memorable Wrestlemania matches are what makes him great. His persona is just phenominal No Pun intended. His streak will never be touched and his Wrestlemania Matches with Shawn Michaels will always be the most Memorable Matches I have ever seen. All thats left is that very anticipated showdown with #8 on my list.

1. Ric Flair - Woooooooo . His title history says it all. Not to mention he was 40 years in the business at least. His best years may have also been before the 90's but even into the 90's and 2000's he put on memorable matches. I don't think I could have put anyone else as #1 on this list.

There you have it guys, thats my top 10. Feel free to comment below and let me know what you think. Hell put your top 10 below and let the discussions begin.

Thanks !!!!

Submit "Opinion of Top Wrestlers From 1990- and Up" to Digg Submit "Opinion of Top Wrestlers From 1990- and Up" to del.icio.us Submit "Opinion of Top Wrestlers From 1990- and Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Opinion of Top Wrestlers From 1990- and Up" to Google

Updated 11-04-2013 at 02:15 PM by jledwig

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stone Cold at #6 because of "Not high Technical Moves."

Then I see Hulk Hogan at #3.
    "Since the 90s" for me means from 1999 onwards. So basically noone on this list should be on it.
    Sorry for my previous comment if you read it because I just read the title and the list instead of reading the details meaning your favorites list. Can't hate on a fans fav list. I apoligize.....maybe others did the same with some of their remarks. Put fav in the title.
    Updated 11-03-2013 at 03:50 PM by TheGreatOne
    Chris Jericho a much better wrestler than Mick Foley? Bit harsh. I'm guessing you've only seen his hardcore matches? The Shawn Michaels/Mankind match from IYH: Mind Games and his earlier Cactus Jack matches in WCW were fantastic wrestling matches that didn't rely on hardcore elements. It's unfair that younger fans tarnish his reputation because of the HIAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liston
    Stone Cold at #6 because of "Not high Technical Moves."

Then I see Hulk Hogan at #3.

Yes thats right I put Hogan at 3. His career has been longer and he's had more success than Stone Cold. Thinking about the amount of Feuds hes had compared to Stone Cold. Hogan has been on almost every major Wrestling Promotion and has done it pretty much with the same persona. Stone Cold was just a Persona. Steve Austin wasn't big until 3:16 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs
    "Since the 90s" for me means from 1999 onwards. So basically noone on this list should be on it.

Ummm no Since the 90's means 90 and above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    Chris Jericho a much better wrestler than Mick Foley? Bit harsh. I'm guessing you've only seen his hardcore matches? The Shawn Michaels/Mankind match from IYH: Mind Games and his earlier Cactus Jack matches in WCW were fantastic wrestling matches that didn't rely on hardcore elements. It's unfair that younger fans tarnish his reputation because of the HIAC.
    Im not tarnishing his career. Do you really put Mick Foley higher than what I have him at? I've seen him wrestle. He's good but he's not great. IMO of course
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.