View RSS Feed

Corona2944

Hulkamania reborn in the WWE?

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The world of professional wrestling seems like it changes more often than the jet stream of cold air in the Great Lakes every season, constantly shifting positions from one side of the map to the other. Storylines come and go, being adjusted along the way for various reasons, including, but not limited too, fan popularity or venue changes. Wrestlers also change promotions along the way for the sake of bettering themselves or simply because both parties (wrestler and owner) deem it for the best. This all leads me into the topic of the Immortal Hulk Hogan. Hulk is one of, if not the best wrestlers of all time that has performed for all of the high profile promotions (WWE, WCW, TNA) to take his character global.

After his illustrious career as a professional wrestler,Hulk decided to throw his hat into the general manager pool, inking himself a contract, in October of 2009, with TNA wrestling in the hopes of solidifying a product that could be branded to his resume. In his three year stint, he was a storyline developer, wrestled in some great matches (Sting, Flair), and was an innovating preacher of change. These changes included:

·Going to the name Impact Wrestling
· No more 6 sided ring
· New talent (Jeff Hardy, RVD, etc)
· Went live and head to head with WWE Raw

Obviously, not all of these changes proved to be successful,but I do think they definitely were bold in trying to lead them down the right path to success. In my opinion, one of the miscalculations was the constant focus on the older talent within the roster, instead of the future, similar to what led to the downfall of WCW. It is impossible to keep paying a roster of outdated superstars millions of dollars without the influx of younger,affordable talent and stay profitable. Consequently, after all the ups and downs throughout his reign, Hulk Hogan, as of October 13, 2013, is a free agent. This brings me to the idea of him returning to the WWE for one last run. I certainly understand he is 60 years old and his body is not what it once was,but a return for an inevitable Wrestlemania XXX (30) match could prove to be ingenious. There could be so many storylines for Hulk to collaborate, like the following:

·
Surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble on the road to WM XXX

· Head to head versus the Undertaker and thestreak
· Appointing him GM of Raw as he and Vince join forces to begin a power struggle with Triple H and Stephanie

There are many scenarios that could be thrilling if Hulk Hogan returns to the WWE roster in some capacity. Will it happen? Sure it can. Is there a possibility? Sure there is. The current storylines are wrapped around the phrase “Best for Business” and I couldn’t think as to why one, last Hulkamania run would be any different.

***What ways, if any, do you think Hogan could be used?

Follow me @TCutillo23

Submit "Hulkamania reborn in the WWE?" to Digg Submit "Hulkamania reborn in the WWE?" to del.icio.us Submit "Hulkamania reborn in the WWE?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hulkamania reborn in the WWE?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    At most, I wouldn't mind one last nostalgic match at 'Mania 30 (just not against Taker's streak). But with his political BS games he plays - he'd do more harm than good if he managed to be a more permanent fixture in the company.
    I'm not sure if Hogan fits the new age of wrestling. TNA took a chance with his past success to see if it could catapult them into a legit player in the industry, but it failed. I'm not sure if he could bring anymore value to WWE. They would basically be doing him a favor if they signed him to a short term deal.

What if backfires though? What if he becomes over in a major way, then when the deal's done, TNA signs him back and piggy back off his success while it's still fresh on everyone's mind? Not sure if WWE would take that chance.
    I think out of your 3 possibilities, the GM is the most likely. There is no way he'd debut in a Rumble that he has no chance of winning, his return match deserves notice and promotion. As far as one or two more matches, I haven't read any updates on how his back has been doing in months, but we all know he wants it. A career match against Taker would be legendary, but their combine ages are just too high. It would be worse than the whole Sting-Taker thing. As far as who should end his career, I think they should move forward with the old John Cena idea. Either way, everyone would love to see him participate at WM 30 regardless of whether or not he wrestles.
    Only thing that I would find interesting would be if Hogan came in and helped Cesaro turn face as a true "Real American" and have them feud with Swagger and Zeb
    I was just thinking about this earlier. And depending on how healthy and strong his back is, can you imagine if an angle is worked with Big Show, setting up a match at Wrestlemania between the two? The whole time during the build up, Hogan's strength and age are called in to question. During the match, Hogan is able to lift Big Show and slam him, just like he did Andre 27 years ago... i think that would be a perfect final in-ring moment for the Hulkster. After that, he can hang around WWE in a GM role or as a manager of a young up and comer or whatever. But i think even the most jaded of wrestling fans would have to smile at Hogan slamming a giant in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania.
    I love the Hulkster but I don't think his body could withstand another run, at best a no dq match at mania 30 with minimal bumps would be just about possible i think, but we have to be realistic and realise his body is badly beaten up at this point. All this being said, I would enjoy a nostalgic Flair v Hogan at Mania 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLRtheSecond
    I was just thinking about this earlier. And depending on how healthy and strong his back is, can you imagine if an angle is worked with Big Show, setting up a match at Wrestlemania between the two? The whole time during the build up, Hogan's strength and age are called in to question. During the match, Hogan is able to lift Big Show and slam him, just like he did Andre 27 years ago... i think that would be a perfect final in-ring moment for the Hulkster. After that, he can hang around WWE in a GM role or as a manager of a young up and comer or whatever. But i think even the most jaded of wrestling fans would have to smile at Hogan slamming a giant in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania.
    That is an excellent idea and then drop the big leg drop....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.