View RSS Feed

Chris1978

Sting: How the journey should end

Rate this Entry
The Icon. The Enigma. The man called Sting. What a career this legend has had. Clash of Champions going 45 minutes with Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight title. Finally beating Flair at Starrcade for that same title. The bull-rope matches with Vader. His epic feuds with the Four Horsemen. I can go on and on. He spent over a decade as the Franchise of WCW before its demise. Vanished into thin air then resurfaced as the go to guy for TNA. Now there are some very serious talks of him being at Wrestlemania 30. Let us explore this rumor a bit more shall we?

Sting has been THE lone hold out of great superstars to never walk through the WWE curtains. He has stood his ground and never made the jump because, in his own words, he never thought he could trust Vince to maintain the integrity of the Sting character. Maybe this is a little bit of Sting's ego showing but I tend to agree with him to an extent. If we look at Vince's track record with the old WCW stars he did tend to over "enhance" them once they jumped ship. (Think polka dots.) But in all honesty maybe Sting should've tried a little harder to understand Vince. The WWE handled Flair with great class and only enhanced his legend status. In the 90's I can only imagine that McMahon was salivating over the prospect of Sting versus Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. Why did he never come to WWE? Only Sting really knows the answer.

So all of this begs the question: Should Sting finish his career with WWE and show up at Wrestlemania 30? My opinion is yes. Its time for him to step back on the big stage and make and impact. The old days of WCW vs. WWE are gone and no one wants to waste anymore bullets on that dead war. As for Vince and the WWE it would be a great boost and, judging by the current ratings drop and fan reaction, they need it.

If he does make the move there are some intriguing match ups. Icon vs. Undertaker. The man called Sting vs. The World's Largest Athlete: Unfinished Business. Or perhaps Icon vs. Cena. It would be a true passing of the torch type match. (The Rock and Cena are too close in age and Rocks career ended early due to his acting for that to be termed a passing of the torch IMO.)

TNA has been a great platform for Sting to perform on for several years but it is time to move on. As a fan, I sure hope he does. I will mark out like no other if I hear his music hit on the grandest stage of them all. One thing is for sure, if he does come over for WM30 it will be done with class and respect on both sides. The name "Sting" and the legend attached to it deserves nothing less.

Submit "Sting: How the journey should end" to Digg Submit "Sting: How the journey should end" to del.icio.us Submit "Sting: How the journey should end" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sting: How the journey should end" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I completely agree...As long as WWE is around, it will always be the big daddy of them all and the place everyone should experience at least once in their careers. Sting is an icon in the wrestling indusrty and it would be nce to see the pop he would get from the WWE universe.
    Sting doesn't have enough gas left to make a memorable WWE run. This is not something that Sting wants, it's something that fans want, which a lot of people don't understand. He's held out his whole career, to give in now will not only make him lose his principles, but he will not be able to perform at full capacity. It's lose-lose for him. The money has nothing to do with this situation.

Also, I can assure you that Cena has been holding "the torch" for a loooong time dude, lol. I'd say it was passed when he beat HHH and HBK via submission at back-to-back WrestleMania main events.
    Updated 10-23-2013 at 03:34 PM by Kajmere
    Sting could only go to Wrestlemania and face The Undertaker as The Crow. Silent, White & Black Paint, Long Leather Trench, Crow Sting Theme Music, and yes...Baseball Bat. Have him torment The Undertaker. Imagine the build up for that. Better yet, imagine the Epic Entrances to their match in the SuperDome. I would love it, but it's gotta be Crow Sting. No other way works.
    thank you for reading, i appreciate your opinions.
    In my part of teh world WCW is not at all famous..only WWF was famous n very few people used to watch WCW and I'm one among them..I watched WCW when I understood Diesel n Razor Roman were there..n i basically started for them but continued to watch it only for one man i.e., STING...I loved him so much n I love his Crow gimmick like anything..

As a fan of both Deadman and teh Crow I always wanted to see the match to happen...

but, at this stage of their careers I do not think so that they can put on a great match..n I feel ppl who do not know Sting at his prime may end up thinking he's just hype and nothing more than that..so I prefer Sting to stay away from that match for his own legacy and as Kajmere pointed out..for his own principles..
    I feel Sting and Taker have it in them to create something magical. CM Punk and Taker nearly stole the show at WM29. No reason the Icon and Deadman can't do the same even at this stage of their careers. You have to remember that these two where at the top of the game for many, many years. Sometimes gone but never forgotten. Both of them stood behind two mega-stars in Flair and Hogan but are somehow more revered due to the fact they have not had controversy outside the ring. Despite their age, these two giants of the sport can still bring it. Definitely respect all of your opinions. This is just mine. Thanks again for reading!
    I would also only bring Sting in for this one match.

They may be older...but this match is the sort that would bring out the very best in both. Sting can work out and get into top shape, much like Taker used to do. If they both did that, and just let it all out for 15-20 minutes, with Undertaker winning with the Tombstone.

They face off afterwards and the lights go out, the lightning strikes...Undertaker is left alone in the ring. We never hear from Sting in WWE again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.