View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Randy Orton: "I'll beat Flair's record of world titles."

Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
1 of the very few guys, I really don't care for anymore is Randy Orton. I liked, loved, and hated Orton in his career. So why, do I not care for him anymore? Why do I dislike him now? Is it because he is stale and boring? That is half of it, but I will reveal why here in this blog along with how and why I became a fan of his. That and more in this blog= Superstar Randy Orton:

Legend Killer: I didn't really gain any type of real strong opinion of Orton's til about 04 even though he debuted in 02. Being part of Evolution, he was pretty much an afterthought until he won the Survivor Series elimination match that sent Stone Cold packing back in 03. Of course, you guessed it, I didn't like that part of it. Went on to win the IC title from RVD and began a feud with a favorite of wrestling fans across the world Mick Foley. Yea, he did have some big matches with the likes of Goldberg and in the chamber, but no one thought he'd win those matches. All they cared about was HHH not winning. Orton was the Legend Killer, spitting, RKOing legends left and right. One of my favorite matches in Orton's career happened at Backlash in 2004 vs Cactus Jack in a Hardcore match which included tacks, barbie, and other great toys. You knew even though you didn't like him, at least I did, that he was very good. You wondered when he was going to lose the belt and leave on his own from Evolution. He did both those things in a short period. Even though, leaving Evolution was more of a 3-1 vote. Only problem was, he received the results after a successful world title defense on Raw.

World champion + becoming a fan: You sorta knew when they kept talking about history could be made at Summerslam if Orton wins the world title that he would win, but you or at least I didn't want him to at the time. Turns out to be one of the greatest moments in the history of Summerslam becoming the youngest world champion in WWE history. Which brings me to one of my favorite moments in Raw history that is not talked about enough. When Orton was suppose to give the belt to HHH, instead spit in his face like he did to the rest of the legends in the past. Loved it!! Instantly becoming 1 of my favorite wrestlers at that time. His theme was my favorite theme for some time in WWE. Still is a fav all-time to this day. However, lost the world title at the next ppv which was a scratch my head moment, but I understand even Randy does that he wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for another HHH world title reign either, but I got it yet again. In less than a year, he became instantly a heel by challenging the Deadman to a match at Wrestlemania. I ask who isn't a fan of the Deadman? 1 of my favorite wrestlers of all-time. Make a decision, who do you want to win? I didn't mind it going either way, but looking back, if anyone should have ended the streak....Orton is at the top of that list. Lost of course! Heard the rumor of a possible, Batista vs Orton match at WM22. I was like hell yea, Randy is going to win back the world title. Got hurt, lost the Rumble because of the dedictating match to Eddie Guerrero. I didn't want Rey to be world champion, I wanted Orton. I was marking out when he beat Rey at No Way Out to my surprise. Which is the reason why I despised Rey's world title reign.

Punt kick + Fav wrestler in WWE: It is as vicious as it sounds. That is what you think, but all at the same time....I was glad he won the matches that he did. However, didn't like the fact RVD left or HBK took time off. I did love HBK's return the night after Orton won the WWE title at No Mercy. I like many others were getting tired of Cena. I figure more got tired quicker than I did. I was just noticing who was left for him to beat. I was so ready for Orton to be the WWE champion. Lost, lost again, and finally won it at No Mercy. Why wait? Why not have him win at Summerslam? Why did he keep getting rematches after he lost I believe clean at Summerslam. My favorite part of that reign was when he won the triple threat match at WM24. I was shocked when he retained. Of course, he lost it a month later, but it was worth it after all the injuries those two came back from. 2009, won the Royal Rumble match which pretty much everyone believed after what he did to Vince. I hated the fact, we got HHH vs Orton again after so many times before specifically for Mania in the main event. I still can't believe that went last over HBK/Taker. Orton lost only to win it at Backlash. Gets all fuzzy from there because he faces the same old guys he faced before which really lacked my interest. That until he had a memorable feud with Kofi. I hated it at the time because Orton was and still is far superior to Kofi. Looking back it was great. Became stale after that basically turning face and Legacy breaking up.

When why I dislike Randy Orton: Let me first say, it isn't Randy's fault. He was put in that position, but I absolutely hated when Christian won the world title for the first time only to lose it 2 days later. I was very upset by this I stopped watching Smackdown for a year. I wanted Christian to win so bad for so long and it ended like that. The man wants Orton to be champion! They have Orton face him like every week, but he loses every single week. Faces him at every ppv basically, this felt like Del Rio vs Sheamus over the world title. Passing the torch around like it is a candy bar or something. This is why he is so many times world champion. Which is why I'm so against Orton winning the world title again after a quote in an interview saying something like "WWE's roster is so thin. I'm signed for 9 more years, at this pace, I'll certainly beat Flair's record of world titles." So I was hoping he cashes it in and loses, but he didn't. Huge Daniel Bryan fan, disgusted when I read the results that Orton cashed in to become the new WWE Champion! It is a shame that Orton cashed in like that after such a huge win. You can imagine how I feel about that and added the hate I already had for Orton to begin with. Just makes you shake your head in disgust.

There you have it!! Giving my thoughts and opinions on superstar Randy Orton. It is cool to finally get some of this stuff out there. What do you think of my opinion of Orton's? Do you like or dislike Randy Orton? Why? When did you become a fan of his? Am I right to dislike him? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up(subject to change):
My view: Hall of Fame
Booking Challenge: Survivor Series 2013
Top 10 matches: Kurt Angle's career
Superstar: AJ Styles

Submit "Superstar Randy Orton: "I'll beat Flair's record of world titles."" to Digg Submit "Superstar Randy Orton: "I'll beat Flair's record of world titles."" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Randy Orton: "I'll beat Flair's record of world titles."" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Randy Orton: "I'll beat Flair's record of world titles."" to Google

Updated 10-04-2013 at 09:50 PM by TheGreatOne (spacing)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I disliked Orton as a person since day 1, and have been sick of his character for years. I ranted about it in a past blog, but it was focused on his real life (disgracing the Marines, being a spoiled brat, etc.), this is focused on his career and character. The fact that he and ADR are taking over the title scene again just kills me as a wrestling fan. I would have rather had Ryback take over one of their positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    I disliked Orton as a person since day 1, and have been sick of his character for years. I ranted about it in a past blog, but it was focused on his real life (disgracing the Marines, being a spoiled brat, etc.), this is focused on his career and character. The fact that he and ADR are taking over the title scene again just kills me as a wrestling fan. I would have rather had Ryback take over one of their positions.
    Any time Del Rio is on, I skip it SD or Raw.
    I've never been a big fan of his in-ring work, and even less of his mic work. The only thing I have ever liked about Randy Orton was his old theme song, "Burn In My Light."
    It's just so awful that I don't like a person who is playing a bad guy. I guess he could be acting like a heel to make me dislike him since I don't actually know what he is like personally, but whatever.

I don't know him personally, so I can't use that as a basis of opinion. I also couldn't judge someone by something I know nothing about in real life, so it'd be really stupid of me to do it in this instance. But I suppose that's ok for other people.

I think his ring work has been at the top of the WWE's list for a while now. He's one of their best workers. He got The Miz over for God's sakes. Yeah he was floundering storyline-wise for a while, but his in-ring work is unquestionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    I don't know him personally, so I can't use that as a basis of opinion. I also couldn't judge someone by something I know nothing about in real life, so it'd be really stupid of me to do it in this instance. But I suppose that's ok for other people.
    You're right, it would be stupid of you, because it's apparent that you're not educated on the matter. This is 2013, there is public record of many things out there, especially crimes that celebrities commit and negative occurrences.

Suppose a fan personally dislikes RVD bc he publicly advocates marijuana, and that fan thinks it's bad for him to do that when millions of kids watch wrestling and may be influenced. So you are saying that this fan does not have the right to his or her opinion, just because the reasoning transcends the little box in your living room and becomes a real life issue?

Who are you to tell that fan who to like or not like? And to take a shot at that fan (who you also don't know in real life, the basis of your reasoning) makes you sir, an ignorant hypocrite. Cut the crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    You're right, it would be stupid of you, because it's apparent that you're not educated on the matter. This is 2013, there is public record of many things out there, especially crimes that celebrities commit and negative occurrences.

Suppose a fan personally dislikes RVD bc he publicly advocates marijuana, and that fan thinks it's bad for him to do that when millions of kids watch wrestling and may be influenced. So you are saying that this fan does not have the right to his or her opinion, just because the reasoning transcends the little box in your living room and becomes a real life issue?

Who are you to tell that fan who to like or not like? And to take a shot at that fan (who you also don't know in real life, the basis of your reasoning) makes you sir, an ignorant hypocrite. Cut the crap.
    ALERT! ALERT! My anger meter is reaching levels of epic proportions. I hate the way everyone these days is "entitled to have an opinion". You are entitled to have an opinion, but this gives stupid people the thinking that they have the complete freedom to spew stupid rhetoric all over the place, usually on the internet. You are entitled to have AN INFORMED opinion. You are entitled to gather proper information to make an INFORMED OPINION. You may think you have an informed opinion but I have no doubt that the guy you are tongue lashing has read all of the same things as you have and has come to the totally logical, INFORMED conclusion that he does not know the man so he can not possibly comment on it. That my friend, is logic, and here I am to explain why.

How many days have you spent with Randy Orton? How many conversations have you had with RANDY ORTON? How many times has he PERSONALLY done something to screw with you? How many people close to you has he PERSONALLY done something to hurt? When was the last time you saw him?

All you know are rumors. The stuff he has admitted, big up's to him for admitting his faults. It takes a brave man to do that. As for hear say, everyone has their perception of a person. Believe it or not my pedigree chum, Perception IS NOT ACTUALLY reality. REALITY = REALITY. PERCEPTION = NOT REALITY. I say in your life a lot of stuff that annoys you is a perception of you. But you know damn well the perception's of you by whoever ARE NOT REALITY. All wrestling fans are retards. PERCEPTION. How could ALL wrestling fans be retards? REALITY.

You able to give an opinion on Randy Orton the man. PERCEPTION = NOT REALITY. You able to give an opinion on Randy Orton the entertainer = REALITY. That is the only man you know, and you may be "entitled to your opinion" but the thing that is making this world toxic is that every dummy thinks they can do that without being PROPERLY INFORMED. An INFORMED opinion is that you don't really know anything about the man, apart from what he has admitted (which he may be holding stuff back about or not, I'm sure he is - doesn't make him a devil), is the man who is an entertainer. THAT right there is the only opinion you are really entitled to make, the other opinion is just you being entitled for the sake of being entitled.

Don't mind me and my flawless logic though. An apology is in order to the man above. I believe he follows exactly what I'm saying.
    I'm not getting into a war with some stranger on the internet on someone else's blog, but I'll give a quick final response and then you can come back with as many all caps words as you can think of.

1. I got upset with Bane's comment bc he chose to insult me for no reason. You're right, maybe he didn't know all the facts, hence why he shouldn't have blindly insulted me. Also, if you look at his last several posts, they are nothing but negative remarks and insults on other people's blogs. How do I know that? Bc I took the extra 60 seconds to do some research.

2. If I don't like Orton, I don't like him. There aint nothin you can do about it, buddy. Did I claim to know him personally? Did I say he ever hurt me in real life? No. My dislike for him is on a small level. I don't lose sleep over it. I only brought it up bc the author wrote a blog about it and I was contributing to the conversation. Maybe someone doesn't like Kanye West and calls him an A-hole (which happens on a daily basis). They probably don't know him or ever met him, but guess what? He acts like a prick every time there is a camera on him.

3. You hate that "everyone has an opinion" ? Boy, did you choose the wrong website to come to and bitch about. This is a wrestling website.

4. You used the word perception and reality so many times that I am beginning to question if you know what they mean. I dislike Orton as an entertainer, and based on factual evidence, I also don't like him as a person. Got it? There is no perception or reality BS about it. You are over thinking this. I used words like "opinion" and "reasoning" in my post. You decided to just scream "reality" and "perception" over and over. You used words like "hate" and "anger" in your post. So don't try to give me a life lesson buddy. You have revealed your true colors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.