View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
As many of you may know, Kurt Angle is going into the Hall of Fame in October. It is time to hype this up with blog posts dedicating this top 10 and the next one to 1 of the great in ring performers the wrestling business has ever seen. The first 1 is top 10 moments which will give me time to look back at old tapes and do some research before the next top 10. The next top 10 will be the 10 best matches which will obviously be hard with all the classics he has had over the years. It is a challenge I'm willing to accept. Both top 10s will feature both TNA and WWE matches/moments. So here you go, Kurt Angle's top 10 moments:

HM: Eurocontinental champion 00; winning King of the Ring 00; Funny Raw moments; Formation of MEM; "Headbutt heard around the world" Impact debut

10.Misses Moonsault Raw 01-One of the best and most memorable moments not only in Kurt Angle's career, but in Raw history. The night he faced off with Chris Benoit inside a steel cage. He went for a moonsault on top of the cage, but missed. The moment received an award at Raws 10th anniversary show.
9.Winning the world title Smackdown 06-At the time, Kurt Angle was part of the Raw roster. It was shocking moment as he was the last participant into the battle royal to crown a new world champion after Batista had to forfeit due to injury. A Raw exclusive superstar shows up to Smackdown, competes vs the Smackdown roster for the world title, and leaves with the strap. Yes, crazy unique moment in history of Kurt Angle!
8.Defeating the streak Genesis 06-What is the streak? Undertaker? No, before Samoa "Job" Joe came about. TNA had him debut as the samoan submission machine. His song, the reaction from the crowd, the intensity he brought into the ring was tremendous. At the time, he was never pinned or submitted for like 2 years in TNA. The confrontation he had with Angle on the first night was a top moment in the history of TNA. It led to Angle's first ppv match vs Joe. Angle defeated him to end the streak. Great match that led to several great battles between the two. Probably the greatest feud either has ever had in their careers.
7.Retains 6 man HIAC 00-People look at rookie years and think Taker, Lesnar, among others. However, Kurt Angle in my eyes accomplished a lot in just 1 year. Winning the IC and European titles holding them at the same time, go on to win King of the Ring, main event Summerslam, win the WWF title, and win the only 6 man hell in a cell. Include it or not, win the only 6 man hell in a cell that featured Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, and Rikishi. 5 of the 6 men are multi time world champions and future Hall of Famers.
6.TNA Hall of Famer 13-Some may have thought this would be #1. Hell, I thought it would be too until I started thinking about it. What is a TNA Hall of Famer? I don't believe anyone will know until someone in TNA that wasn't a big time WWE or WCW star gets inducted. What does it mean to get inducted? Hell, I'm still wondering what WWE's hall of fame means to get inducted.
5."1st" TNA world champion 07-I hate the fact when you try to look back at TNA history, it only goes back to 07. Great champions like AMW, Triple X, among other names are left off like they didn't exist. They talk about TNA being around since 02, but don't have history books to prove it for tag team and world titles. I know they were partnered with NWA, but it was still defended at TNA events in front of TNA fans. It is like since they got a big fish like Angle and Hogan, they are embarrassed of their history or something. That is how I feel when I struggle trying to look up TNA history. That is why it as #5 instead of closer to the top. I put it in quotes because it is a joke.
4.Winning all the gold Hard Justice 07-1 could say it should be on top because no one, I repeat no one, I at least hope not will win all the gold in TNA again.
3.1st WWF title win No Mercy 00-Defeating The Rock at No Mercy was simply icing on the cake of accomplishments he had accomplished in his rookie year. Achieved everything a wrestler could achieve basically which is why his rookie year was one of the best ever. .
2.Winning 2nd WWF title Unforgiven 01-Why 2nd title win over 1st? He was a fan favorite and the moment he won with friends + family in the ring as he held up the WWF title after beating Alliance member Stone Cold Steve Austin. I was scratching my head as to why it ended so soon. In any case, great moment probably top moment in his career. I look at it as the biggest victory he ever had in the WWF and TNA.
1."The Announcement"No Surrender 06-To me the biggest moment in his career was when he made the jump to TNA. That was a big decision to be really the first big star to jump to TNA from WWE when he was a top talent on the roster. Many were speculating it was Goldberg, but it wasn't. It was the WRESTLING MACHINE Kurt Angle!! So it ended up being a big surprise to everyone including WWE officials. LOL! To make the jump was a big career change going to a smaller company on a smaller stage in front of a smaller audience. Kurt has virtually led TNA since he arrived. Just shows after reading this that he is truly a Hall of Famer and one of the best this business has ever seen.

There you have it!! Kurt Angle's top 10 moments in his career. Like or dislike my top 10? What is your top 10? Agree with top moment? Leave that and more in the comment section below.

Blogs coming up(subject to change):
Superstar: Randy Orton

My view: Hall of Fame
Booking Challenge: Survivor Series 2013
Top 10 matches: Kurt Angle's career

Submit "Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career" to Digg Submit "Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Some thoughts:
    10- The best spot of his career
    8- Perhaps underrated on this list? Made me start almost regularly watch TNA
    7- First time I was like "Ok, this guy is gonna be one of the greatest ever"
    6- Overrated, not a fan of wrestling HOFs, let alone one of TNA
    4- Big moment...just redonkulous, all i gotta say
    1- Opinion is opinion, but I disagree that announcing he is going to an inferior promotion is his greatest moment. That's like Allen Iverson announcing he's playing across seas being named #1 moment of his career. Perhaps the drugs and subsequent arrest tainted my memory of it.

Anyways, lookin forward to your other Kurt Angle blog. Thumbs up.
    Updated 09-28-2013 at 01:27 AM by Kajmere
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    Some thoughts:
    10- The best spot of his career
    8- Perhaps underrated on this list? Made me start almost regularly watch TNA
    7- First time I was like "Ok, this guy is gonna be one of the greatest ever"
    6- Overrated, not a fan of wrestling HOFs, let alone one of TNA
    4- Big moment...just redonkulous, all i gotta say
    1- Opinion is opinion, but I disagree that announcing he is going to an inferior promotion is his greatest moment. That's like Allen Iverson announcing he's playing across seas being named #1 moment of his career. Perhaps the drugs and subsequent arrest tainted my memory of it.

Anyways, lookin forward to your other Kurt Angle blog. Thumbs up.
    Since you disagree with top moment, may I ask what his top moment is?

I was thinking I was under-rating the victory vs Joe before I posted when I was spell-checking and what not. I thought beating all the top dogs like Austin, rock, HHH, Taker all in one match that has only been done once is bigger than his victory over Joe. I did over-rated TNA's Hall of Fame on purpose, because I didn't want to be overly disrespectful even though TNA and WWE's Hall of Fame will be criticized in my view Hall of Fame.

By the way, my favorite basketball player of all-time is Allen Iverson....just to let you know. LOL!
    Man, hard to say, but I almost want to say the HIAC was his top moment, like you said, beating all the top dogs has never happened. Perhaps the greatest single match victory in the history of wrestling, easily from 2000 and forward.

If not that, then Unforgiven 2001 was a good choice, like you said, making SC tap took him to another plateau.

Also let me add, you backed up your reasoning for #1 well even though I disagree.

Lol about AI, I had his poster in my room when I was younger.

Edit: HIAC- biggest win, Unforgiven- biggest "moment".
    Updated 09-28-2013 at 02:57 PM by Kajmere
    You make it sound like he had a ton of other options after he was fired from WWE. I know it was a big deal for TNA when he joined, but if he had a chance to stay with WWE, there's no way he would have "jumped ship" to DixieLand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero
    You make it sound like he had a ton of other options after he was fired from WWE. I know it was a big deal for TNA when he joined, but if he had a chance to stay with WWE, there's no way he would have "jumped ship" to DixieLand.
    He wasn't fired from WWE. He begged for a release from a 5 year contract that he wanted out of. Plan was for him to return after the release in 6 months. Instead he joined TNA. Want to know more? Suggest you watch, rent, buy Kurt Angle Champion TNA DVD.
    Haha, yeah, because a TNA produced DVD featuring Kurt Angle is such a reliable source of truthful information... Yeah, I'll rush out now and wholeheartedly believe what Kurt Angle says.

I suggest you stop being so gullible. Kurt's the kind of guy who would give Hulk Hogan a run for his his money when it comes to telling the "truth".

If that was the case, don't you think that every time his TNA contract was up WWE would be chomping at the bit to resign him? Yeah, so would I.

Kurt was released from his WWE contract because he was a fuck up. Seven years later he's still fucking up.
    Kashdinero- Kurt asked for his release, a supposed "retirement". Trish and Lita both retired at the same time. WWE was PISSED at Kurt when he signed with TNA 5 weeks later.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.