View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking Kofi to the top of the WWE

Rating: 5 votes, 2.00 average.
Kofi Kingston made his return recently with a new look and all that. However, does anybody find him exciting, intriguing, or even interesting? Same role, same position for the past several years in the midcard chasing championships he has won with the same old smile and the boom boom boom. I was thinking why don't Kofi turn heel for the first time in his career. Make a huge impact while doing so on a big stage turning on a top star. That is what I want to see which is why I'm going to do my best to book Kofi as a main event guy in this blog + I'm a bit ahead with the Booking Challenge. So to put Booking Survivor Series in October, I decided to do this piece. I hope you enjoy and leave a comment below.

Night of Champions: I know that Punk vs Heyman/Axel already taken place. I want to go a different direction to add Kofi to the mix to put him in Punk's corner. Post Summerslam, Heyman claims he has a champion and a beast that is the best in the world. I don't need CM Punk to be successful, CM Punk needs Paul Heyman!! He can't be a champion without me, Axel is better than Punk because he is a champion. Match on Raw before ppv for the IC title, but Heyman get involved costing Punk the match. So, Punk cuts a promo saying what he needs is a friend by his side in order to have a fair shot at the IC title at NOC. My friend? Fans cheer as they hear Kofi's music. During the match, Punk loses cool and attacks Heyman while Axel is able to get back in the ring before the 10 count.

Battle Ground: At Battle Ground, it will be a tag team match, Kofi/Punk vs Axel/Heyman. Kofi does his finisher and attempts to pin til...Punk says to wait to inflict more pain as fans cheer. After Punk inflicts more pain to Heyman, he pins him for the win.
Survivor Series: Kofi is on Team Punk in the classic Survivor Series match. Team Punk vs Team Heyman. Final 3, Heyman, Kofi, and Punk. Punk gives the GTS to Heyman, all of sudden before he gives the pin, trouble in paradise out of no where. Kofi pins Heyman to win for Team Punk wins.
Why Kofi why?: Why did Kofi turn on Punk? He was sick and tired of sitting back watching his friend have success while disrespecting this business. He claims he respects the business every single day he comes to work with the corporate fake smile acting as if everything is ok. Nothing is ok when you would rather inflict pain on a manager who doesn't wrestle rather than win the IC title. Rather keep the glory rather than share it with your friends like me. I wanted to take the pinfall at HIAC, you had me get up to let you inflict more pain and than let you get the pin. I get no credit yet again. What did you crave during your historic WWE title reign? All you talked about was respect. Respect isn't given, it is earned. Maybe now, I turned on you, you'll respect me. I'm sick of taking a backseat to CM Punk who claims to be my friend when all he did is hold me back from achieving the success. What do I want to achieve, I want to be a world champion!! Unlike Punk, I didn't have Paul Heyman. I didn't receive all the oppurtunities that he received(MITB, pipebombs, world champion, among other things). I have busted my behind without saying word, that hasn't got me jack. Now it is time for people to begin to take notice: My careers gonna BOOM!!
TLC:Kofi vs Punk in a ladder match, winner will receive the "first entry" in the Royal Rumble match. Going in, it is just the first entry meaning 1 of the 30#s. However, when Kofi wins, next night on Raw, as he brags about victory....finds out he won the #1 entry in the Royal Rumble. 1st Raw of the year, inside the steel cage vs CM Punk to settle their score. CM Punk goes to leave the cage, but door is slammed in his face. E.Jackson(for him to have something to do along with a sidekick) costs CM Punk the match. Royal Rumble: #1 entry Kofi is out as #2 entry is.....R-Truth. Long time partner and friend of Kofi's. What is going to happen? R-Truth puts out his hand as Kofi delivers trouble in paradise. 1 of the last say 5 guys in the Rumble,Kofi is eliminated by CM Punk. Short feud with R-Truth begins with of course, Kofi winning all the matches.Why did he attack R-Truth? To make a statement that no matter who is in my way to get the prize I desire, I'll kick them in the skull. Friends or not, he takes it personal, we can make it personal.
Elimination Chamber: Kofi is in the elimination chamber match RVD eliminates Kofi with his 5 star frog splash. Guys like RVD is the reason he has been hold back so long. All these "part timers" coming in holding him back. These fans still continue to chant his name. It makes Kofi sick! Why root for a guy who is in over his head calling himself Mr. whatever night and ppv. RVD has several matches with Jackson and Kofi including a handicap match. Stipulation type of match before Mania, where RVD wins and asks for his match vs Kofi be Extreme Rules.
WM30: vs RVD Extreme Rules match! Kofi and Jackson take great punishment, but Kofi still prevails. Next night, confronted by Big Show wanting Kofi to prove he can beat him after bragging about beating RVD in his style of match. Challenges him to a match, but Kofi claims Show has to go through Jackson to get to him. Defeats him of course, gets a match following week on Raw with Kofi. Kofi runs, Big Show is allowed to pick a stipulation for their match at the ppv. He chooses Last Man Standing!!
Extreme Rules: vs Big Show in last man standing match. Jackson distracts Big Show after he chases Kofi to say titantron or high thing to climb on. Kofi delivers trouble in paradise as Big Show falls and is counted to 10. Kofi wins!
Payback: vs E.Jackson. After his match with Big Show, claims he did it all on his own however, wrestlers in the back claim he couldn't have won those matches without Jackson. He can, has, and will continue to do so which causes this match to take place in which Jackson loses after cheap win. Kofi is in the MITB match and wins.....eventually becomes a world champion.

By that point, I made him a legit star/main event talent or above where he was as a legit talent and top heel in the company. I made Kofi interesting and made his storylines personal. When he was on ppv, Raw, SD, or whatever....it meant something. Which was the goal with this blog. Now it is time to ask if you loved or hated it? Did I build him up right? How would you book Kofi to the top of WWE or world title status? Leave that and more in the comment section below.....thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up(subject to change):
Top 10 moments: Kurt Angle's career
Superstar: Randy Orton

My view: Hall of Fame
Booking Challenge: Survivor Series 2013

Submit "Booking Kofi to the top of the WWE" to Digg Submit "Booking Kofi to the top of the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking Kofi to the top of the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking Kofi to the top of the WWE" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like the CM Punk and Kofi feud and personally would have them culminate it at WrestleMania, maybe for the Intercontinental Title. Also, Kofi should be a "bad butt" heel. Not one of those heels who needs to cheat to win, but one of those heels like a Mark Henry who just wins cleanly and is a huge threat. But if Kofi did not turn heel, and just revisted his feud with Randy Orton with his whole serious gimmick, I believe that could have potency as well.

Entertaining blog. I do not agree with everything, but then again an RVD vs. Kofi Extreme Rules Match....I would pay good money to see that. And the way you ended the Big Show match seems pretty epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick BoA
    Sorry to break it to you but Kofi is a midcard wrestler, and will always be a midcard wrestler.
    He is similar to Matt Hardy (Before the drugs and weight gain). They both are over with the crowd and had their little push but for some reason they will never reach the top.

are you just some negative ass guy who doesn't like anybody that already isn't a superstar?? Pretty sure you like all the big names only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I like the CM Punk and Kofi feud and personally would have them culminate it at WrestleMania, maybe for the Intercontinental Title. Also, Kofi should be a "bad butt" heel. Not one of those heels who needs to cheat to win, but one of those heels like a Mark Henry who just wins cleanly and is a huge threat. But if Kofi did not turn heel, and just revisted his feud with Randy Orton with his whole serious gimmick, I believe that could have potency as well.

Entertaining blog. I do not agree with everything, but then again an RVD vs. Kofi Extreme Rules Match....I would pay good money to see that. And the way you ended the Big Show match seems pretty epic.
    I think an issue that I had with this blog was not giving enough detail in some of the feuds. Summarizing it a bit after previewing before posting. The reason I created the blog was simply for fun. See what I would do with him, try to make Kofi actually entertaining and must see with his matches on Raw, SD, and ppv.

Punk vs Kofi at Mania was a thought, but who would he turn on that would be big enough to put him to the level or at least have fans think he deserves to be in a match at Mania vs Punk. Probably turning on R-Truth to start his heel turn.....

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm a bit excited to show my Survivor Series card. Got the matches set, just don't got details next to the build and what not.
    Big E for the massive face turn and ride to the top! I am looking forward to seeing him and Titus main event Wrestlemania.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocop29

You've also got 5 to 6 feuds in as many months. Not gonna be any real build to any of them. Perhaps make one go slightly longer and carry over a couple of PPV's. Solid idea though, but think it could do with some tweeks
    That's exactly how long wwe has been booking feuds for the last two years. So nothing new there.
    great idea but needs some changes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.