What's Best for Business: Predicting WWE Night of Champions 2013
by, 09-13-2013 at 10:12 PM (2826 Views)
Another month and another WWE PPV comes. The card looks okay, but only two feuds have gotten significant time on Monday nights. Unlike other mid card matches that do get time. With a tag title match that got thrown together last minute and a US Title match that I totally forgot was here, this seems like it might be one of the worst PPV's of 2013 so far. Anyway, let's get right to the predictions.
1) Tons of Funk vs. 3MB vs. The Real Americans vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Usos in a Tag Team Turminol Match for a shot at the Tag Titles: Writing that out just made me realize that WWE only has two face teams. I mean, they're good teams, but c'mon. Tons of Funk hasn't been on TV in a while and 3MB is 3MB so they have no shot. The Real Americans would be a good choice to face The Shield but they won't be going heel vs. heel. That leaves The Prime Time Players and The Usos. Now, The Usos just had a title match so I don't see them winning that's why I'm picking The Prime Time Players to win. After a face turn and a good showing the past weeks they deserve it.
Winners: The Prime Time Players
Night of Champions
1) Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the United States Title: This match has no build up at all. Now, they will probably have a good match, but there's no emotion. Ziggler did show that he would be elevated by the Corporation story, but Big Show took his place. After Ziggler's recent fallout of the main event, I don't see him winning her so I choose Ambrose with his piledriver.
Winner: Dean Ambrose to retain the United States Title
2) AJ Lee (c) vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi in a Fatal 4 Way Match for the Divas Title: This match is pretty much for the Total Divas show on E!. Word is AJ is supposed to drop the title to one of these cast members to have her join next seasons cast. So with that rumor, I'm picking Natalya to win. Reason being is that she's the only one I can stand so she wins with a Sharpshooter on AJ.
Winner: Natalya to become the new Divas Champion
3) The Shield (c) vs. The Prime Time Players for the Unified Tag Team Titles: This match could be good given the time. I'm going to say exactly what I said for the US Title match, with no build up I just don't see the titles changing hands. Although I would love to see Darren and Titus finally become champions, it can't happen. Therefore I say The Shield wins after a spear on Darren by Reigns.
Winners: The Shield to retain the Tag Team Championships
4) CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman in a Handicap Elimination Match: One of two matches to get hyped. Is anyone really buying Axel as a threat to Punk? I'm not. Therefore, I say Punk will eliminate Axel about 10 minutes in. Now here's where I get creative. If Punk beats Heyman wouldn't that end the feud? I think it would so I say Punk gets a few shots in, but when he goes for the GTS someone will save Heyman. My top two picks will be Kassius Ohno or a returning Matt Morgan. Hopefully that comes true because I hate Curtis Axel.
Winner: CM Punk by DQ
5) Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam for the World Heavyweight Title: Originally, I thought Ricardo would cost RVD the match. Now that Vickie's banned him from ringside I'm 100% positive he will. Aside from the lack of build up I think this match has potential. Kind of like Christian and ADR last month. I don't see RVD winning because he's only here for 3 months before taking off. There's always the chance that RVD wins and Sandow cashes in, but not this soon. I have ADR winning here with the cross armbreaker after Ricardo runs down and stops him from hitting a 5 Star Frog Splash.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Title
6) Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title: This one is going to be good. Both great wrestlers and could have a 30 minute match. Now, do I see Bryan winning to end the Corporation feud early? No. Do I see Rhodes returning so soon to surprise Orton? No. Here's what I see. After a sequence of a missed running knee and a missed RKO, Daniel Bryan locks in the Yes! Lock. The Shield comes down to spoil Bryan's night, but Big Show stops them. After reappling said Yes! Lock, King of Kings play. Hunter comes down and yells at Bryan only for Orton to hit the RKO on him for the win. I know it doesn't sound nice for Bryan to lose cleanly, I just do not want to see a DQ here.
Winner: Randy Orton to retain the WWE Title
Well there ya go. Please leave your opinions and your predictions down below. Thank you for reading!