View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

WWE Raw 9-9-13 Hits and Misses

Rate this Entry
Overall Score: 4

Overview: Originally I wasn't going to post this blog because Raw was just bad, but I do it every week so what the hell. This week was just bland and forgettable. No feuds got advanced except for Bryan-Orton and it did nothing to sell me on Night of Champions. With this being the first Raw to go head to head against Monday Night Football, it isn't a surprise it did so bad. With that being said let's get to the hits.

Hits

The Cutting Edge: Raw did however start off strong, somewhat. I love when Edge comes back. Not only because I love Alter Bridge, but Edge is one of my all time favorites. I also liked that Orton and Hunter finally got heel heat on them. There was also good mic work from all 4 guys. I just really didn't understand the attack on Christian. Edge won't be around for a long time so why? Anyway, refreshing from last week so a hit.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt: This is getting only a minor hit. I'm glad The Wyatts are finally back on Raw live and this was an overall good match. Bray Wyatt can also move fast as hell. I'm glad this didn't turn into a squash match. It just didn't do anything to advance Dolph vs. Ambrose on Sunday.

Goldust Promo: Only thing to really say here is that it was a great promo with great emotion.

Randy Orton vs. Goldust: First thing's first, I love Goldust's entrance. As for the match, great action and a fun match. I'm glad they showed how Goldust can be a formidable opponent. Also very cool that he almost won with Cross Rhodes. I love this secondary feud they've got going. Could push Rhodes over huge.

Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose: Whenever Bryan faces a Shield member, it's a PPV quality match. The ending though was just weird. I didn't like the #1 contender winning with a roll up. Oh, and apparently the Big Show is a one man Spirit Squad. I originally didn't like the aftermath, but having Bryan stand tall was excellent.

Miss

Kofi Kingston vs. Curtis Axel: I get that it was supposed to show off Axel's anger and force and show dissension between Heyman and Axel, but I just didn't care for the match.

Paul Heyman Promo: Okay, isn't Maddox supposed to be a heel? Anyway, although I liked Heyman and Punk being in the same segment this week, it did nothing to advance the feud or sell the match for me. Pretty much same stuff.

Naomi, Natalya and Brie vs. Alicia Fox, Aksana and Layla: Isn't Brie a heel? Only AJ's commentary was good in this match and I just don't care for this Total Divas crap.

R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio: What was the point of this match? Also, this was too long for a pointless match. Also, it did nothing to hype ADR vs. RVD at NoC. See what I did there?

Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro: Although that Giant Swing was cool, I don't care about the return of the most pointless champion ever.

Damien Sandow vs. The Miz: Miz got a big face reaction which was odd. Again, what was the point of the match? I also don't like that a MitB holder has to win cheaply. Hey, at least Fandango got on TV tonight.

Ryback vs. Rob Van Dam: At least RVD and ADR got in a segment together, but a stare-down won't sell the match for me. I do believe these two can have a good match, but the build up has been horrible. Oh, as for the match on Raw, eh okay.

Well there ya go. Lemme know what you thought down in the comments. See y'all next week!

Submit "WWE Raw 9-9-13 Hits and Misses" to Digg Submit "WWE Raw 9-9-13 Hits and Misses" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Raw 9-9-13 Hits and Misses" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Raw 9-9-13 Hits and Misses" to Google

Comments

Nice blog it was a bad raw here's to hoping a better one next week
    Although Maddox is supposed to be a heel, making Heyman go through all this crap is a personal thing between Heyman, HHH and Maddox. Remember their history. Heyman bashing HHH and Stephanie. Heyman and Lesnar destroying HHH's office and so on. Then there is the fact that Heyman had the Shield beat down Maddox, so it is a little personal. Maddox has his marching orders from HHH, and there is history. So to me that makes sense so it wasn't a miss for me.

I understand what you're saying about Del Rio and RVD, but they had to do "something" to say that Del Rio is a threat and RVD has a shot of winning the title.

Santino's return wasn't all that great but it was still pretty cool since we haven't seen him for so long, and he even got the win. IMO the most pointless champion of all time is the miz. Speaking of which...

Sandow winning was cool to me, and it broke his losing streak. Instead of him losing all the time as the MITB winner they at least didn't have him lose to miz, that would have been pointless.

Golddust and Orton told a great story. I don't even like Orton, at all. However I give credit where it's due. Solid match

Daniel Bryan. Nuff said.

The Cutting Edge was ok. It was the fact that Edge could say what he wanted without being threatened with anything but having his lifetime friend pay the price may set somthing up for the future, but then again I could be wrong.

Not much of a difference of opinion here. Keep it up.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.