View RSS Feed

RatedRKO

WWE's Fault with Darren Young.

Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Darren Young is one half of the Prime Time Players, a heal tag team that would do the job every week. Then one day from the airport from TMZ, Darren Young announced that he was a homosexual. Then everything changed. The entire tag team turned face. Fine. Darren Young's fist singles victory was against Antonio Cesaro. That is where I cross the line. I felt like WWE has really treated this the wrong way. Now sure if you want to acknowledge the homosexual announcement then fine. But why, pray tell, is he going over a man who recently put on a five star match with Daniel Bryan not too long ago? Darren Young isn't even the most charismatic on the tag team. Titus O'neil as the most potential that has yet to be unlocked. Darren Young is a respectable in-ring worker but by no means in the class of Cesaro. How he can go over him just because he made an announcement is beyond me. Just why? WWE has given him a reward for his bravery when in all actuality people coming out of the closet shouldn't be that breaking anymore. Like honestly, why should a man be given a face push just because he has come out of the closet? Is that the requirements for success in the WWE these days? Because if it is, Curtis Axel better come out now and spill the beans. WWE has made Darren Young's situation like he won some sort of award and should get some incentive for it. Young and the PTP should have been given a push for the Tag Titles back when Kofi and R Truth were the tag champs. But they squandered the potential of a young team. But giving Darren Young a pinfall victory over cesaro of all people is beyond me.

Submit "WWE's Fault with Darren Young." to Digg Submit "WWE's Fault with Darren Young." to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's Fault with Darren Young." to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's Fault with Darren Young." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This was more of a rant than a blog.
    I completely agree with the message you are sending in this blog. Giving someone a push strictly b/c they came out of the closet seems silly to me. However, with the recent addition of the Wyatt Family and Real Americans, WWE needed another face tag-team. Turning the PTPs face is not the worst thing in the world as I was sick of seeing them job every week.

Also, I think you are really overvaluing Cesaro. Don't get me wrong, Cesaro is a great worker but his WWE win/loss record is that of a jobber. When he was US Champ, he lost almost every match he was in for about 3 months before finally dropping the belt. Also, the tag-team Cesaro is in with Swagger is without question the bottom team in WWE. Therefore, getting a win over Cesaro is no big deal IMO. In fact, I don't think it is any different than getting a win over somebody like Sin Cara or Kahli.
    I agree with Vand... This is a rant, and one I disagree with. Cesaro is a former champion and they wanted to gain some momentum for Young so they had him go over. I don't see an issue with that. Young has put on several great matches as of late even before he came out... His match with Punk was pretty awesome. They seemed to be getting a push before he even came out to be honest.
    It boils down to business. Sports are pretty much considered homophobic. I think they decided to present the fact that he's gay on their own terms, rather than have it leak on its own. This way, WWE can appear gay-friendly in regards to its athletes and improve its reputation.

As far as the push, they've really only been picking up scraps, for the most part. They aint goin over the Shield or the Wyatts any time soon.
    Where I disagree is him saying that Titus O'neill has potential that hasn't been unlocked.

I also disagree with the Darren Young push...not the push itself, but the reason.
    okay but devil's advocate here. So what if, Darren came out and he never got a push ever. People would complain that Vince was homophobic and stuff. I rather like this push for the PTP because while backstage the reason for it is clear, they aren't using the actual coming out as a gimmick or whatever. It's been used properly and respectfully by the WWE.
    I agree that the PTP should have been pushed a long time ago.

I also see the pattern that is going on.

IMO, there are 5 or 6 guys that should be going over Cesaro. Young is not one of them.. Makes me cringe.

Theyre pushing him because hes out of the closet, and thats wrong. Its wrong in so many ways.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.