View RSS Feed

Eclipse7

My Delusion: The New Four Horseman

Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
ok well ever since Ric Flair left TNA and made his return home to WWE i've thought to myself, i'd love to see Ric create a new Four Horsemen. i have many reason for wanting this, 1 being aside from nWo and original DX, Horsemen were my favorite faction and considering the last time the group was reformed it included Chris Benoit, now i know different people have different opinions on him, i'm not really gonna get into that, but personally i don't like last being the last incarnation of the group and would like to a new Horsemen to replace that version.

So then i got thinking, who would i put in a New Four Horseman? i just couldn't make up my mind, then WWE kinda started the ball rolling for me. now of course Ric Flair would be involved, just not as 1 of the 4, he'd be in that JJ Dillon role as manager, so it's only fitting that since he is sorta mentoring The Miz(storyline wise), gave him the figure 4, my 1st member would be The Miz. now i know there are a lot of Miz haters, but as a heel, Miz sorta reminded of a Flair, dirtiest player in the game kinda thing. i know it may not be popular decision, so it's a good thing this is just in my head.

so next i took a look at the Roster and thought Dolph Ziggler. at the time he was still heel and i thought he's fit in perfectly, just has the look and attitude for it.

finding the 3rd guy for the Horsemen was easy, for some reason Cody Rhodes just stuck in my head, there is something about him and there was something fitting with all the battles Ric and Dusty had over the years for his son to be a part of Ric's New Horsemen.

That is as far as i got, i couldn't figure out anyone to be that 4th member, no one to fill that Double A Arn Anderson Enforcer role. nobody seems like "that guy", so i gave up.

Fast-forward a few months, i'm watching the end of Aug 26 2013 Raw. We have the New Corporation(they don't have an official name, so that's what i'll call them) which seem to include Randy Orton, The Shield and i guess you could say managed by HHH. That's a pretty impressive group.

Daniel Bryan is great, but to go up against those guys? he needs back up and WWE seems to be leading up to give him said back up. now original it was rumored that it would be the team of Big Show and Mark Henry taking on tag champs Rollins and Reigns of The Shield and Dolph Ziggler will go against Dean Ambrose of Shield. well from what i can tell, that's changed a bit given who was interviewed during that Raw ending segment were Dolph Ziggler, Big Show and MmmmMiz, so i was a little confused, i would have thought Mark Henry would have been talked to.

FF to Smackdown which airs tonight, i've seen it, i'll try not to spoil anything if by some fluke this blog is up before you've seen it, so the only point i will make is that again Dolph Ziggler, Big Show and Miz were link together, no still no Henry. so leads me to believe we'll be getting a ShowMiz reunion at Night Of Champions perhaps?

So Miz and Dolph, 2 of my picks for a new Four Horsemen and then Big Show, as intimidating as they come, make for an interesting trio having Daniel Bryan's back in the weeks to come.

having the 4 of them, just having each others backs, just isn't enough when going against a unified stable, take every combination of superstars WWE has thrown together to face the Shield, all fail, well almost all, but you see my point. plus there's HHH, he may just be the C.O.O. or whatever of WWE, but it wasn't that long ago that HHH was battling Brock Lesnar and he won 1, so Corporations "manager" can still hang.

Then it came to me...The Four Horsemen, what a better way to turn this feud into something epic. Maybe the 4 of them(Daniel, Dolph, Show, Miz) go against the Corporation in their individual matches and all lose and HHH has a hand in all the loses, that leads to Ric Flair getting involved, we could have an epic segment of Raw with the 4 in the ring after losing, maybe showing signs of frustration, the Flairs music hits, he comes to the ring and tells them he knows why they lost their matches, he goes on to talk about how they're not a cohesive unit like The Corporation, then maybe go on to talk about HHH knowing what he's doing having learned much from Flair as a part of Evolution, then maybe him telling them but evolution wasn't the only group he was a part of(without saying the actual name 4 Horsemen), he point 1st finger a Miz, goes on to add his another finger as he points at Dolph, 3 fingers point at Show and then turns to Daniel Bryan and put up 4 fingers, the sign of the Four Horsemen.

i personally think adding Horsemen/Ric Flair to this storyline would be just good TV and who better to be the opposing "Manager" to HHH than Ric Flair, the mic work, the in ring work, everything would be top notch.

anyways that's just one of my delusions, probably won't happen, but really cool if it did.

Submit "My Delusion: The New Four Horseman" to Digg Submit "My Delusion: The New Four Horseman" to del.icio.us Submit "My Delusion: The New Four Horseman" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Delusion: The New Four Horseman" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I actually was thinking the same 3 while reading along. I was thinking Barrett as the 4th with his smash mouth style.
    I had a similar thought many times through the years. First after WCW closed I came up with an idea of merging WCW and ECW into WCW Extreme and having Flair manage a stable called The Elite made up of Jarrett, Corino, Orton, Batista (was my world and new they were destined to be big stars. Later about 2005-06 I came up with the idea again with Christian leading (always made me think of Flair and doesn't have a bad match), Rhino (the enforcer) and Hass and Benjamin. If did it today, I wouldn't use Big Show, but could get on board with Miz and Ziggler, possibly Bryan. As an idea for an enforcer, how about Langston?
    I cant really fault this blog or the idea, dont really see it happening but it could be the best feud we have seen in a very long time adding these extra dynamics
    Here's what being forgotten about the Horsemen.....each member was a fantastic wrestler in his own right!! Each member could stand alone against any member of the roster & odds are win the match. And most importantly the wrestlers Arn, Tully, Ole & Ric decided to stand together....not the company putting them together, it makes a world of difference. There will NEVER be another group like the Horsemen again...that ship has sailed!!!! I'm sure that the members would be flattered that the fans still want the Horsemen in wrestling but a copy could NEVER measure up to those four men.
    I like it.
    Cody Rhodes wouldn't make sense.... Cody a Horsemen would be as unlikely as him gaining weight and looking like his dad in 10 years!!!

Daniel Byran just don't seem to fit the 4 Horsemen style.... He seems to be more of a loner....

Miz and Ziggler yes.....
    My 3rd and 4th members would be Bo Dallas and Damien Sandaw
    The problem with a resurected Four Horsemen has always been believability. The ones of us that remember the original Horsemen would expect no less with a rebirth. That's why the last believable new member was Windham. Everyone after him was just plain garbage in their roles. Evolution worked because Orton and Batista were relatively unknown to us at the time. Of course players like HHH and Flair for instant credentials didn't hurt.

You need two bruisers to begin with. There's no one on the active roster who can deliver that. We already know everyone and a sudden role cast of being either Ole or Arn isnt't fair to any on the active roster. Neither would they be believable. Fulton and Rusev from NXT could possibly fill the roles. They both look the part and could come in with ready-to-go gimmicks.

There's also no Blanchard. People forget just how good Tully was. A ring magician and one of the heels that every fan wanted to beat up. Flair was always cheered to a point but Tully was always hated. Speaking from a technical standpoint, the only one that could fill that role is Daniel Bryan and he's cheered way too much, plus he's not a backup to anyone. The only option is finding another Windham and good luck with that. I'd go with Titus O'Neil if I just had to quickly fill the role. He's in desperate need of a gimmick change and has the size and skills to be a singles wrestler.

Ziggler's days of being a heel are long gone. He'll never be booed again so putting him in is impossible though he'd be the perfect mid-eighties Flair. Del Rio could be the pompous leader that can't win without help. I'm not sure if he can be a strong enough leader though. Sandow would be my ultimate pick. It would be a stretch but he has the arrogance down pat for sure.

I wouldn't want Flair having any part in this. It would only be a reminder of what we will never see again. Arn Anderson would have to be the motivator of the group. That way we see a group of enforcers, hand selected by the ultimate enforcer. It's less show and more down and dirty. Of course the group would have to be a Heel. Did anyone actually enjoy the nice Horsemen other than for nostalgia? We loved the four on one group that would beat anyone and wherever they wanted. True, there's no room for another Heel group right now but since it's all imaginary then I suppose it's all right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.