View RSS Feed

y2joey

Why I Boo John Cena

Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average.
On Sunday night, I marked out like an 8 year old boy, who had just received his most sought after gift at Christmas when Daniel Bryan pinned John Cena clean 1,2,3! Its not the first time i marked out for Cena being defeated and it most likely wont be the last. Now Ive read a few other blogs recently regarding Why we shouldn't hate John Cena and questioning why John Cena is as hated as he appears to be by the IWC, and I'd like to state my feelings on this particular subject. In these other blogs They give many good reasons why they don't understand the angry boo's directed at the company's biggest face for the last 10 years, and while these reasons are valid I have my reasons why i love to see Cena lose.

Firstly , even though i boo Cena, I respect him as a performer and as an individual outside the ring. He works hard and in my opinion isn't the awful wrestler the IWC makes him out to be. Sure he's no master technician or daredevil high flyer, but hes a good wrestler who keeps up with the best wrestlers in the business when he steps between the ropes. So why do I boo the former Doctor of Thugonomics.....?

Personally I hate his character, its stale in my opinion, just like Hulk Hogan was stale in the early 90's. I'm sick of seeing him in the main event and Ive been sick of his character about 5 years now. His "super duper good guy" routine has been stale for so long, I root and cheer for change. From great grapplers such as Dolph or Punk, even Mark Henry and Ryback who i think would be bad idea's as champions when they feuded with Cenations leader, i wanted anyone to beat Cena simply because im sick of his lame character.

His Character needs a new direction and id personally like to see him out of the picture for the next 4-6 months or more. Now he will most likely return at the Royal Rumble or even before that, which in my view is not long enough. Id love to see him turn heel as i believe its the best way to freshen up a stale performer. Id love to see so many stale acts in the WWE turn heel and show a mean streak, Zack Ryder and Kofi Kingston for example and John Cena and his turn would would be game changing ala Hogan in WCW. Sadly I realistically don't see this happening as Cena is a cash cow with the younger folk and he wont turn heel for a long time to come, so until then....i will boo Cena.

Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to Digg Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to del.icio.us Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to Google

Tags: bryan, cena, daniel
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I boo some others (Punk) for the same reason, but I won't sit up here and write what's been said thousands of times before on this very same website. You should be able to like who you like and dislike who you dislike without consequences. But when you can keep coming up with the same tired reasons...that's when your opinion lose weight. The argument itself is just as, if not more stale than you claim Cena's character has become.
    And dont forget, Cena is "the man" when it comes to Make-A-Wish. I dont see a heel turn any time soon, at least until the WWE feels like they have someone who can and is willing to take on that level of responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic
    I boo some others (Punk) for the same reason, but I won't sit up here and write what's been said thousands of times before on this very same website. You should be able to like who you like and dislike who you dislike without consequences. But when you can keep coming up with the same tired reasons...that's when your opinion lose weight. The argument itself is just as, if not more stale than you claim Cena's character has become.
    Really, I agree with this big time. You hate Cena because his character is stale? Like his is the only one. Look at Sheamus, Kane, Big Show, among others. The only thing really that has changed over the years with Kane and Big Show is their look. Other than that, they have been basically the same since they joined the WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_Eckman
    I have to agree with you that it is just his character that sucks. How many times can they do the 'hero who takes on a monster' storyline? Also, he's not a bad wrestler at all. When it comes to big matches like MitB '11 or Summerslam '13 or WM 23, he delivers and keeps up with the guy he's in there with.
    Hero vs Monster sells? Everywhere? Comic Books, TV Shows, Wrestling.
    It is amazing how people continue to boo Cena for being stale, yet ignore others who are stale just as TheGreatOne mentioned. Do I hate Cena? No, absolutely not. Although I understand why people do boo him, I really don't. I just root for the guy he is facing a lot of the time. Cena is the Superman of the WWE. We can all agree on that. However, having such a Superman is smart for business as well as for recognition for the WWE. As a wrestling fan, when people ask me what I watch I saw WWE with the likes of John Cena. Anytime I say I watch WWE with CM Punk, people have no clue who I am talking about.
    Also anyone to beat Cena cleanly (like a Daniel Bryan) instantly puts them over. So it actually helps establish stars.
    LOL this Blog is just....lol. I love KIDS !!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.