View RSS Feed

y2joey

Why I Boo John Cena

Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average.
On Sunday night, I marked out like an 8 year old boy, who had just received his most sought after gift at Christmas when Daniel Bryan pinned John Cena clean 1,2,3! Its not the first time i marked out for Cena being defeated and it most likely wont be the last. Now Ive read a few other blogs recently regarding Why we shouldn't hate John Cena and questioning why John Cena is as hated as he appears to be by the IWC, and I'd like to state my feelings on this particular subject. In these other blogs They give many good reasons why they don't understand the angry boo's directed at the company's biggest face for the last 10 years, and while these reasons are valid I have my reasons why i love to see Cena lose.

Firstly , even though i boo Cena, I respect him as a performer and as an individual outside the ring. He works hard and in my opinion isn't the awful wrestler the IWC makes him out to be. Sure he's no master technician or daredevil high flyer, but hes a good wrestler who keeps up with the best wrestlers in the business when he steps between the ropes. So why do I boo the former Doctor of Thugonomics.....?

Personally I hate his character, its stale in my opinion, just like Hulk Hogan was stale in the early 90's. I'm sick of seeing him in the main event and Ive been sick of his character about 5 years now. His "super duper good guy" routine has been stale for so long, I root and cheer for change. From great grapplers such as Dolph or Punk, even Mark Henry and Ryback who i think would be bad idea's as champions when they feuded with Cenations leader, i wanted anyone to beat Cena simply because im sick of his lame character.

His Character needs a new direction and id personally like to see him out of the picture for the next 4-6 months or more. Now he will most likely return at the Royal Rumble or even before that, which in my view is not long enough. Id love to see him turn heel as i believe its the best way to freshen up a stale performer. Id love to see so many stale acts in the WWE turn heel and show a mean streak, Zack Ryder and Kofi Kingston for example and John Cena and his turn would would be game changing ala Hogan in WCW. Sadly I realistically don't see this happening as Cena is a cash cow with the younger folk and he wont turn heel for a long time to come, so until then....i will boo Cena.

Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to Digg Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to del.icio.us Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I Boo John Cena" to Google

Tags: bryan, cena, daniel
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Im not sure why people label John Cena as a terrible performer. Some even call him the worst Ever. I meant look at his body of work.

Vs HBK WM23 ****1/4

Vs HBK Raw ****1/2

Vs CM Punk MITB ****1/2

vs CM Punk Raw ****1/4

vs Batistia WM 26 ****

vs Edge TLC ****

vs HBK vs Angle Taboo Tuesday ****1/4

Vs Edge vs Orton vs HBK ****1/4

vs HHH vs Edge ****

John Cena has had some pretty incredible and iconic matches. He isnt a terrible in ring performer he is the opposite. He may not wrestle like some traditionalist want him to but he pulled out some of the best matches of the decade.

Cena has also made a star out of CM Punk and now Daniel Bryan. If it wasnt for Cena to lay down for them in a big match environment then they would of never be the stars they are and going to be.
    I have to agree with you that it is just his character that sucks. How many times can they do the 'hero who takes on a monster' storyline? Also, he's not a bad wrestler at all. When it comes to big matches like MitB '11 or Summerslam '13 or WM 23, he delivers and keeps up with the guy he's in there with.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Im not sure why people label John Cena as a terrible performer. Some even call him the worst Ever. I meant look at his body of work.

Vs HBK WM23 ****1/4

Vs HBK Raw ****1/2

Vs CM Punk MITB ****1/2

vs CM Punk Raw ****1/4

vs Batistia WM 26 ****

vs Edge TLC ****

vs HBK vs Angle Taboo Tuesday ****1/4

Vs Edge vs Orton vs HBK ****1/4

vs HHH vs Edge ****

John Cena has had some pretty incredible and iconic matches. He isnt a terrible in ring performer he is the opposite. He may not wrestle like some traditionalist want him to but he pulled out some of the best matches of the decade.

Cena has also made a star out of CM Punk and now Daniel Bryan. If it wasnt for Cena to lay down for them in a big match environment then they would of never be the stars they are and going to be.

Stop talking .
    I think he is not the worst wrestler, but definitely not the best. He has a predictable move set and is not fluent when he moves in the ring.
    What I hate about Cena is that he is always billed as the underdog. I mean comon, he is a 13 time world champion, the face of the company and one of the most successful of all time. Why is he constantly billed as the underdog?
    He is always such a good guy he comes off as a douche. He is too goofy to be taken seriously.
    The man cannot sell a move. His I quit match vs the miz is a perfect example. He gets his ass kicked for 45 minutes only to make his comeback unscathed and celebrate as if he was never even hit.
    I remember his WM match vs HBK, he no sold the shit out of the leg HBK was working on the entire match, and HBK looked pissed because of it.
    In short, He needs new moves, a new character and needs to learn how to sell.

I know this is bookings fault but it does not seem like he can have a feud without being in the title picture. I can't remember the last decent feud he had without a title being on the line, yet he had one last year. He is irrelevant if he does not have a belt.

I do have tons of respect for him, not many in the history of the business are harder workers than he is, I just wish he would stay away from the ring for a very long time, and I wish he would never hold another title again.
    Dude, you don't have to explain why you boo certain wrestlers to ANYBODY! If you want to boo John Cena then go ahead and do so. You are entitled to your opinion as anyone else!
    Looks like you blogged out like an 8 year old. I boo Cena because you are sick of his character? I expected more than that. I'm sick of his character, but I don't hate him nor do I boo him. I do root against him quite often though especially vs Daniel Bryan.
    After watching some of Total Divas, he's really soooo far ahead of anyone else on the active roster it's sad. He lives like Tiger Woods / ARod, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.