View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking Challenge: TNA Bound For Glory 2013

Rate this Entry
The booking challenge is back, the question as always are you up to the challenge? Today, objective is to book the best Bound For Glory 2013 card. The max of matches remains 10. You can use anybody on the current roster of TNA Impact Wrestling. I'd also like to see the X-Division/Knockouts/Tag team/World title all be defended on each BFG card. Other than that do what you want. For those who don't understand the point of the booking challenge, please read the explaination right under this opening beside the *. For the booking challenge vets, here is my TNA Bound For Glory 2013 card:

*The point of the booking challenge isn't to predict what the actual card will be. It is to challenge wrestling fans to give what card they want to see. Give the best card that not only they want to see, but others would like to see as well. There is no fun in predicting what the wrestling card will be because every card will be basically the same. The point is, you are the booker and you got the keys to the car. People complain all the time including myself about wrestling product. Put your money where your mouth is. You give me the card better than the actual card and dare I say attempt to have a better card than mine. Forget current storylines, give me your storylines and your best card you can deliver in the comment section below. Creates that competitive environment I want, I want the readers to compete with me. Give me their opinion on my card and I'll give you my opinion on yours. That is the booking challenge!! This will be copy and pasted on every single booking challenge since some still don't understand how it works.

1.X-Division title Ultimate X match: Manik(C) vs Greg M. vs Kenny King-I don't like the fact Manik won the X-Division title at Destination X, but he did. So he has a decent meaningful run, he keeps it til here. I wanted someone different with a new era to begin in the X-Division such as Dutt winning it for the first time would have been cool after all those years. Greg aka Trent Barretta, at least I believe it was him winning the belt. Greg M. wins here, hopefully they keep him around for X-Division action.
2.Tag titles: Gunner/James Storm(C) vs Bad Influence-Sad to see how the tag division has fallen. Tag champs facing the best tag team TNA has is obviously being saved for Bound For Glory. Bad Influence is currently stalled in the BFG series. Just give the belts to the best tag team and get it over with. Storm needs to go back to where he was on his own. Sad to see the way they have used him. He is one of the big disappointments for 2013 in TNA. Bad Influence wins!
3.Bobby Roode vs Chris Sabin-To make it short and sweet, history is there between Roode/Sabin. Both have faced off in the tag division, Beer Money/MCMG 2 great tag teams. Both have been around since basically the beginning of TNA. They finally broke through over the past couple of years. Roode takes shots at Sabin's title reign in comparison to Roode's which is the longest in the history of TNA. Sabin's obviously only lasted a month which begins the feud....Sabins gets the W showing he belongs in the main event.
4.Monster's ball match: Abyss vs Devon vs Knux vs Mr.Anderson-Everyone should know my distaste for Joseph Park. Abyss returns to finish off Aces & 8s for good. Aces & 8s basically breaking up slowly, but surely including in this match turning on each other. That allows Abyss to come up with the W in this match.
5.KOs title:Mickie James(C) vs Taryn Terrell-Top heel in the division vs top babyface obviously makes sense on the biggest stage TNA has, Bound For Glory. Taryn is simply looking for her first KO's title in her career while Mickie is looking for bigger things. She is looking to capitalize on TNA's biggest event Bound For Glory. The birthplace of the Knockouts division in 07, to win at that stage will not only recognize her as the best Knockouts champion of all-time, but sell more albums in her other career. Deck is stacked against Taryn as everything is in the favor of Mickie James. Mickie defeating virtually every Knockout on the roster along with experience. Experience not only wrestling much longer, but in the big moment on the big stages. Despite that, Taryn wins!
6.Jeff Hardy vs Magnus-How long has Magnus been in TNA? You are young. Be patient and wait your turn they tell me. Sick of waiting and ready to make an impact. How does Magnus do that? By defeating TNA's top guy, Jeff Hardy. The same guy Magnus claims hasn't paid his dues, even embarrassing the company. Magnus believes he deserves Hardy's spot. Hardy argues he has earned everything he has received. In any case, Magnus wins with a schoolboy grabbing the ropes.
7.Kurt Angle vs Austin Aries-Aries dubbed himself, the greatest man that ever lived while Kurt Angle has been dubbed the greatest wrestler of all-time. By defeating Kurt Angle should allow him to be dubbed both. This is the main event I wanted for BFG last year with Aries winning, but we got Jeff Hardy instead. He has achieved every goal he has had in TNA, this is just the current #1 on the checklist. Kurt Angle is going to show Aries why he is called the greatest of all-time. Kurt Angle wins at BFG, however, Aries wins the rematch and grudge match.
8.Sting vs Samoa Joe-Joe:Why Joe why? Why did you turn on Sting and the MEM? Sting is a very good at what he does, but I will never forget why MEM was created. It was originally created to teach young guys like myself a lesson. Bound For Glory 2008, the veterans of the MEM cost me the TNA world title. Sting and his boys took what meant most to me. MEM target was to get rid of guys like me. You think I forgot Sting? MEM killed Joe, I was never the same after that. I ended up making the mistake of joining the guys who rid me of everything I've earned. Come BFG 2013, I'm gonna be doing the killing! Sting, Joe's gonna kill you!! Sting: You are wrong Joe. You joined MEM because you respected me and you realized Joe can't beat me. Joe hasn't been the same since stepping in the ring with me at BFG. My track record speaks for itself especially on the big stages which is BFG. In comparison to yours Joe, I blow you away. BFG is my event, I'm Mr.October! Joe wins time to get Joe back on track with win back over Sting.
9.TNA world title:Bully Ray(C) vs AJ Styles-Bully Ray:A TNA original vs the biggest bully wrestling has ever seen. This TNA world title is mine and no one, not even AJ Styles will take this strap away from me. No one is saving this company from Aces & 8s. AJ: This is all for me. No one stood behind me, no one believed in me. When I get accused, lose matches, and even when I take a break. They continue to question AJ Styles. It isn't about the fans, Dixie Carter, or what TNA wants. This is about what AJ Styles wants. He is winning the TNA world title for himself and by himself. He needs no ones help. Come BFG Bully Ray, you will see the AJ Styles NO ONE will see coming. Fans cheer as if it is a good thing. AJ wins, the whole TNA roster comes out to celebrate as confetti falls, but AJ leaves the ring. Goes up the top of ramp with the belt on his shoulder, looks back for a second, and keeps going.

There you have it!! My TNA Bound For Glory 2013 card. Love or hate my card? How would you book TNA's biggest show of the year Bound For Glory? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!! NEXT: BLOG 100!!

Blogs coming up (subject to change)
Top 10: Dream Matches
Superstar: Chris Sabin
My view: TNA Hall of Fame
Booking Challenge: Survivor Series

Submit "Booking Challenge: TNA Bound For Glory 2013" to Digg Submit "Booking Challenge: TNA Bound For Glory 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking Challenge: TNA Bound For Glory 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking Challenge: TNA Bound For Glory 2013" to Google

Updated 08-21-2013 at 05:51 PM by TheGreatOne (triple threat no longer a rule)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The X-Division match you booked looks all good, Kenny King, ManiK and Greg M all young up and coming X-Division stars, I am sure they would get BFG off to a flyer.
    I think TNA will book that as the World Tag Team Titles match for Bound For Glory, with Bad Influence the only heel team they have, and I agree that Bad Influence should pick up the titles here too.
    Roode vs Sabin would be a good encounter as long as Sabin is booked as an equal to Bobby Roode and not as an underdog like he was with Bully Ray, you know these two can put on a great back and forth, hard hitting match, but it would be hard to pick a winner, yes, a Sabin win proves he belongs in the Main Event, but a loss for Roode cancels out his renewed push in TNA.
    I personally wouldn't book the Monsters Ball with ABYSS vs the members of the Aces N Eights purely because ABYSS has no viable reason to go after Aces N Eights, unless they did an angle where the Aces N Eights took out Joseph Park.
    James defending against Taryn Terrell would make for an exciting encounter.
    I really disagree with the Magnus heel turn, I believe TNA will keep him face due to his incredible popularity with the UK market and his heavy involvement in the UK tour. Plus the Magnus character in TNA is the first time since The British Bulldog that the UK fans have had a strong face to pull for, someone displaying the traits that us Brits like to think we have, The Bulldog spirit, the stiff upper lift ect...The UK market is tired of the evil British heel that is your Wade Barrett or William Regal character. I don't want to see Magnus turn heel but a face vs face encounter between these two could do leaps and bounds for Magnus' career.
    Angle vs Aries would be pure gold, unfortunately it doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.
    Your reasoning really made me like the idea of Sting vs Joe again, a long bitter resentment that has festered within Samoa Joe, finally comes to the surface allowing him to defeat Sting and return to his old status as the killer was "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, again it isn't likely that TNA would book something that awesome.
    Great Main event, everyone is tipping it to be the BFG Main Event this year and I for one want to see it happen.
    Bound for Glory card 2013

Match 1- Rampage Jackson beats Mr Anderson - Singles match
    Simple,stems from MEM vs A&8

Match 2-ODB (with Eric Young) beats Mickie James (c) (with Jesse Godderz),Gail Kim (with Robbie E) and Velvet Sky (with Rob Terry) - 4-Way match for the Knockouts Championship
    Get more people on the card,each KO has a man with them

Match 3-Austin Aries beats Bobby Roode via submission - Singles match
    Both deserve a singles match on the card.Aries as babyface probs (unless Bad Influence kick Roode out of their group and replace him with Aries maybe).

Match 4- *Bad Influence beat Main Event Mafia (Samoa Joe & Magnus),Aces & 8s (c) (Garrett Bischoff & Wes Briscoe) and Gunner and James Storm - 4-Way Elimination Tag Team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championships *(in order of elimination)
    Again get more people on the card.Joe & Magnus want toi stop A&8,Storm & Gunner and BI want the titles.

Match 5- King Mo beats Kurt Angle - Singles match
    Angle returns from rehab and gets attacked by King Mo.This isnt really involved in the Aces & 8s story.

Match 6-Chavo Gurrero (c) beats Jeff Hardy - Ultimate X match for the X-Division Championship
    Hardy wants to concentrate on the world title and says he has never been XD champ before so he wants to hold it til Dest X for a garunteed title shot.Chavo has turned heel by this point and won the title from Manik. They have some history in wwe as well.

Match 7- Tito Ortiz beats Sting - Singles match
    Aces & 8s vs MEM

Match 8 - AJ Styles beats Bully Ray (c),Abyss and Chris Sabin - Monsters Ball match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Has a Monsters Ball match ever been contested for the WHC? Im not sure but would one hell of a main event. I think AJ vs Bully would be a bit boring and predictable. Joseph Park and AJ is the BFG series final but Park is attacked by A&8s so Abyss shows up with the TV title. AJ wins the match by DQ when Abyss destroys AJ with weapons. AJ wins the series. It all comes out that J.Park is Abyss. Abyss is a tweener that destroys both faces & heels. Meanwhile Sabin lost his rematch to Bully Ray which was a 2 out of 3 falls match in contriversal circumstances so he says he wants another match. Abyss says he wants the world title and says if Sabin can cash in the XD title then he can cash in the TV title. He actually destroys the tv title belt and Hogan puts him and Sabin in the match. Abyss & Bully vs AJ & Sabin- winner of the fall gets to choose stip.Abyss pins AJ. MONSTERS BALL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eboy
    The X-Division match you booked looks all good, Kenny King, ManiK and Greg M all young up and coming X-Division stars, I am sure they would get BFG off to a flyer.
    I think TNA will book that as the World Tag Team Titles match for Bound For Glory, with Bad Influence the only heel team they have, and I agree that Bad Influence should pick up the titles here too.
    Roode vs Sabin would be a good encounter as long as Sabin is booked as an equal to Bobby Roode and not as an underdog like he was with Bully Ray, you know these two can put on a great back and forth, hard hitting match, but it would be hard to pick a winner, yes, a Sabin win proves he belongs in the Main Event, but a loss for Roode cancels out his renewed push in TNA.
    I personally wouldn't book the Monsters Ball with ABYSS vs the members of the Aces N Eights purely because ABYSS has no viable reason to go after Aces N Eights, unless they did an angle where the Aces N Eights took out Joseph Park.
    James defending against Taryn Terrell would make for an exciting encounter.
    I really disagree with the Magnus heel turn, I believe TNA will keep him face due to his incredible popularity with the UK market and his heavy involvement in the UK tour. Plus the Magnus character in TNA is the first time since The British Bulldog that the UK fans have had a strong face to pull for, someone displaying the traits that us Brits like to think we have, The Bulldog spirit, the stiff upper lift ect...The UK market is tired of the evil British heel that is your Wade Barrett or William Regal character. I don't want to see Magnus turn heel but a face vs face encounter between these two could do leaps and bounds for Magnus' career.
    Angle vs Aries would be pure gold, unfortunately it doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.
    Your reasoning really made me like the idea of Sting vs Joe again, a long bitter resentment that has festered within Samoa Joe, finally comes to the surface allowing him to defeat Sting and return to his old status as the killer was "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, again it isn't likely that TNA would book something that awesome.
    Great Main event, everyone is tipping it to be the BFG Main Event this year and I for one want to see it happen.
    Last time we saw Abyss, he took out Knux and Devon and he is or was the current and last TV champion. Which is why I'd have him booked against them in a monsters ball match.

What top heel can Magnus face to put him over on the biggest ppv of the year? That is my thought process. Certainly can't turn Jeff Hardy and Sting.

Thanks for the feedback. Leave your card, I'll give you my opinion on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100
    Bound for Glory card 2013

Match 1- Rampage Jackson beats Mr Anderson - Singles match
    Simple,stems from MEM vs A&8

Match 2-ODB (with Eric Young) beats Mickie James (c) (with Jesse Godderz),Gail Kim (with Robbie E) and Velvet Sky (with Rob Terry) - 4-Way match for the Knockouts Championship
    Get more people on the card,each KO has a man with them

Match 3-Austin Aries beats Bobby Roode via submission - Singles match
    Both deserve a singles match on the card.Aries as babyface probs (unless Bad Influence kick Roode out of their group and replace him with Aries maybe).

Match 4- *Bad Influence beat Main Event Mafia (Samoa Joe & Magnus),Aces & 8s (c) (Garrett Bischoff & Wes Briscoe) and Gunner and James Storm - 4-Way Elimination Tag Team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championships *(in order of elimination)
    Again get more people on the card.Joe & Magnus want toi stop A&8,Storm & Gunner and BI want the titles.

Match 5- King Mo beats Kurt Angle - Singles match
    Angle returns from rehab and gets attacked by King Mo.This isnt really involved in the Aces & 8s story.

Match 6-Chavo Gurrero (c) beats Jeff Hardy - Ultimate X match for the X-Division Championship
    Hardy wants to concentrate on the world title and says he has never been XD champ before so he wants to hold it til Dest X for a garunteed title shot.Chavo has turned heel by this point and won the title from Manik. They have some history in wwe as well.

Match 7- Tito Ortiz beats Sting - Singles match
    Aces & 8s vs MEM

Match 8 - AJ Styles beats Bully Ray (c),Abyss and Chris Sabin - Monsters Ball match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Has a Monsters Ball match ever been contested for the WHC? Im not sure but would one hell of a main event. I think AJ vs Bully would be a bit boring and predictable. Joseph Park and AJ is the BFG series final but Park is attacked by A&8s so Abyss shows up with the TV title. AJ wins the match by DQ when Abyss destroys AJ with weapons. AJ wins the series. It all comes out that J.Park is Abyss. Abyss is a tweener that destroys both faces & heels. Meanwhile Sabin lost his rematch to Bully Ray which was a 2 out of 3 falls match in contriversal circumstances so he says he wants another match. Abyss says he wants the world title and says if Sabin can cash in the XD title then he can cash in the TV title. He actually destroys the tv title belt and Hogan puts him and Sabin in the match. Abyss & Bully vs AJ & Sabin- winner of the fall gets to choose stip.Abyss pins AJ. MONSTERS BALL!!!
    I don't like your use of MMA guys here beating an icon like Sting at the biggest stage. NO!

Jeff Hardy in the X-Division even though he is the most popular wrestler on the roster? That makes 0 sense.

Some think that King Mo will face Angle at BFG. I'd prefer Angle win here o to prove a guy like him shouldn't win at his house and in his sport.

I expect Aries vs Roode to happen, I want Roode to win this go round since the continued bragging rights of winning the BFG series match along with the match at Destination X.

Too many fatal 4 ways. Trying to get everyone on the card when not everyone will be.
    1.X-Division title Ultimate X match: Manik(C) vs Greg M. vs Kenny King- Greg M. wins
    I want Sonjay Dutt to be a part of this match and he should win the X-Div Title..its long pending…
    2.Tag titles: Gunner/James Storm(C) vs Bad Influence- Bad Influence wins!
    Even I want Storm to be on his own I love him more than roode and do not ask me the reason…but I agree with a Bad Influence Victory..

3.Bobby Roode vs Chris Sabin- Sabins gets the W
    It will definitely be a great match and I do not bother whoever wins as I like both of them...

4.Monster's ball match: Abyss vs Devon vs Knux vs Mr.Anderson- Abyss to come up with the W in this match.
    Same thoughts what so ever!!

5.KOs title:Mickie James(C) vs Taryn Terrell- Taryn wins!

6.Jeff Hardy vs Magnus- Magnus wins with a schoolboy grabbing the ropes.
    I do not want Magnus to turn heel any sooner and I do not see any point for Hardy to turn heel so I’m a bit skeptical about this match… Or how about a Hardy vs heel Chavo and Magnus vs heel and returning Morgan??

7.Kurt Angle vs Austin Aries- Kurt Angle wins at BFG, however, Aries wins the rematch and grudge match.
    This will be an insane match and will be a greta match…but I want AA to win at BFG that will put him over like never and Angle can win his return or grudge match much like Kurt vs HBK…Kurt doesn’t need a victory to prove himself but this is a much needed victory for the ego of AA’s character…what say bro??

8.Sting vs Samoa Joe- Joe wins time to get Joe back on track with win back over Sting.
    Anything to bring back the dominant Joe.. Joe has to kill everyone or else he’ll perish!!!

9.TNA world title:Bully Ray(C) vs AJ Styles-
    AJ!!! AJ!!! AJ!!!!! Nothing more than that and after that AJ should start feuding with Joe/AA/Roode1.X-Division title Ultimate X match: Manik(C) vs Greg M. vs Kenny King- Greg M. wins
    I want Sonjay Dutt to be a part of this match and he should win the X-Div Title..its long pending…
    Even I want Storm to be on his own I love him more than roode and do not ask me the reason…but I agree with a Bad Influence Victory..

It will definitely be a great match and I do not bother whoever wins as I like both of them...

4.Monster's ball match: Abyss vs Devon vs Knux vs Mr.Anderson- Abyss to come up with the W in this match.

I do not want Magnus to turn heel any sooner and I do not see any point for Hardy to turn heel so I’m a bit skeptical about this match… Or how about a Hardy vs heel Chavo and Magnus vs heel and returning Morgan??

7.Kurt Angle vs Austin Aries- Kurt Angle wins at BFG, however, Aries wins the rematch and grudge match.
    This will be an insane match and will be a greta match…but I want AA to win at BFG that will put him over like never and Angle can win his return or grudge match much like Kurt vs HBK…Kurt doesn’t need a victory to prove himself but this is a much needed victory for the ego of AA’s character…what say bro??

8.Sting vs Samoa Joe- Joe wins time to get Joe back on track with win back over Sting.
    Anything to bring back the dominant Joe.. Joe has to kill everyone or else he’ll perish!!!

AJ!!! AJ!!! AJ!!!!! Nothing more than that and after that AJ should start feuding with Joe/AA/Roode
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    1.X-Division title Ultimate X match: Manik(C) vs Greg M. vs Kenny King- Greg M. wins

AJ!!! AJ!!! AJ!!!!! Nothing more than that and after that AJ should start feuding with Joe/AA/Roode
    I wanted Sonjay to win as well, but I don't think he will get a contract rather than a per appearance basis. I wanted him or Greg to win to start a new era in the X-Division. Instead, we get Manik winning....

I don't believe Morgan will be back in TNA after this recent release. 2x in less than a year....I don't believe he will be back in TNA again to be honest with ya. They screwed up with him two times. Didn't know how to use the monster that he was, but hey, WWE did a bad job themselves with him. However, I do see a return in the future for Morgan possibly as a Heyman guy.

Magnus heel turn was basically because no one really suited facing him to put him over. What heel in the company could do that? Who does Jeff have to face? Which is the point. Who does Sting have to face? Each have faced Aries/Roode on occassion same with Angle. Joe vs Magnus was last year.....I had a card made earlier this year, but I had to make some big changes to it because no Morgan, Storm with tag belts, among others. Replace Devon with an Aces & 8s member. Chavo isn't over with the crowd at all. Not a big fan of his, he doesn't belong on the big stage with Jeff Hardy. Jeff Hardy is the top draw, Chavo can't even get booked on Impact right now. How in the right mind would that be a good idea?

Angle winning was basically saying way too many heels are winning in a row along with goals they want being the underdogs. Magnus/Joe can't afford a loss as much as Aries which is why I had Aries lose here and win the feud later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I don't like your use of MMA guys here beating an icon like Sting at the biggest stage. NO!

Jeff Hardy in the X-Division even though he is the most popular wrestler on the roster? That makes 0 sense.

Some think that King Mo will face Angle at BFG. I'd prefer Angle win here o to prove a guy like him shouldn't win at his house and in his sport.

I expect Aries vs Roode to happen, I want Roode to win this go round since the continued bragging rights of winning the BFG series match along with the match at Destination X.

Too many fatal 4 ways. Trying to get everyone on the card when not everyone will be.
    The mma guys need to win if they have matches at bfg to make them look credible and like they are a big deal. Although I don't actually think they will have singles matches I think it would be good if they did. Angle,sting & Anderson would be good people to pit then over and it wont hurt them and they could always win rematches.

I personally don't want to sew hardy near the whc picture in the near future because I find him a bit boring atm. I thought he would be put in the MEM but since he hasn't and he isn't involved with aces&8s. What match is he in at bfg? It would be a very good match vs chavo in ultimate x. Mixes it up a bit rather than the same xdiv guys we have. And U could set the story up quite easily with hardy wanting the xdiv title for a future whc shot.

Yep hope Aries vs roode does happens but think it would be predictable for roode to win and think Aries needs the ppv win more. Roode would be on a bfg losing streak which could help set a story up for next year.

I don't sew what's wrong with 3 4 ways that are all completely different. Makes it more exciting and tna always put lots of multi man matches on anyway. Moat of the small roster should be on the card otherwise what do U do with them for the big Ppv
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.