View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

My projected Night of Champions card

Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Night_of_Champions_2013_poster.jpg

After an unforgettable SummerSlam pay-per-view which saw Triple H turn on Daniel Bryan, the WWE will commence at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan on Sunday, September 15th for the Night of Champions pay-per-view.

And so, here's what to expect:

(PRE-SHOW MATCH) PRIME TIME PLAYERS VS. JACK SWAGGER & ANTONIO CESARO
Thanks to Darren Young's coming out party, he and Titus O'Neil are getting a huge babyface push which will culminate with a spot on the Night of Champions PPV. Unfortunately, it will take place on the pre-show.

DOLPH ZIGGLER, BIG SHOW, & MARK HENRY VS. THE SHIELD (SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH FOR BOTH THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP AND WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP)
Big Show and Henry announced eariler that they plan to challenge Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns for the tag team titles. Ziggler was thrown into the mix when he faced The Shield in a 3-on-1 handicap match on RAW.

THE MIZ VS. FANDANGO
This feud began when Fandango and Summer Rae interrupted The Miz while he was hosting SummerSlam. Look for this match to be the lone non-championship match on the card.

A.J. LEE VS. KAITLYN VS. NATALYA VS. BRIE BELLA (FATAL 4 WAY MATCH FOR THE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP)
In light of the hit E! reality show "Total Divas," expect this match to be a Fatal 4 Way match to include the stars of the show (Natalya and Brie Bella, plus Nikki Bella who will be at ringside) along with the former BFFs turned bitter enemies (A.J. and Kaitlyn).

CM PUNK VS. CURTIS AXEL (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP)
Yes, I know it's a step down for Punk, but with the continued meddling of one Paul Heyman, it only seems logical to continue the Punk-Heyman storyline, only this time with Axel replacing the temporarily departed Brock Lesnar.

ROB VAN DAM VS. ALBERTO DEL RIO (WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
This feud began when Del Rio's former ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez returned as Van Dam's manager. Will Van Dam get his revenge or will Del Rio continue his winning ways?

DANIEL BRYAN VS. RANDY ORTON (60 MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP)
A 60-minute Iron Man match for the WWE Championship? Why not, after all Orton took on John Cena in the last Iron Man Match at Bragging Rights four years ago. Expect some shenanigans involving Triple H, Vince McMahon, and perhaps The Shield.

NOTABLES LEFT OFF THE CARD
Cody Rhodes (has apparently been demoted once again)
Damien Sandow (might cash in his MITB briefcase but it is highly unlikely at this point)
Wade Barrett (could interfere in the Bryan-Orton match)
Kofi Kingston
Christian
The Wyatt Family

Submit "My projected Night of Champions card" to Digg Submit "My projected Night of Champions card" to del.icio.us Submit "My projected Night of Champions card" to StumbleUpon Submit "My projected Night of Champions card" to Google

Updated 08-21-2013 at 03:12 PM by Dashing Rachel

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    What do you think should be the Night of Champions card IYO?
    I like the idea of a six man tag for all the gold, but I see them making it two seperate matches with Ziggler vs. Ambrose and Henry/Show vs. Rollins/Reigns.The divas match is interesting with it keeping both feuds going. I like it.If they do have Miz vs. Fandango it should go on the pre show.I agree with Punk facing Axel here even though, as you said, it's a step down.RVD and Del Rio is already setup, but I could see Christian making a late push to be in the match.I don't believe Orton vs. Bryan will be an Iron Man Match. Both can go that long and perform, but it's the first match in the storyline between them. It could be No DQ though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_Eckman
    I like the idea of a six man tag for all the gold, but I see them making it two seperate matches with Ziggler vs. Ambrose and Henry/Show vs. Rollins/Reigns.The divas match is interesting with it keeping both feuds going. I like it.If they do have Miz vs. Fandango it should go on the pre show.I agree with Punk facing Axel here even though, as you said, it's a step down.RVD and Del Rio is already setup, but I could see Christian making a late push to be in the match.I don't believe Orton vs. Bryan will be an Iron Man Match. Both can go that long and perform, but it's the first match in the storyline between them. It could be No DQ though.
    We shall see. And I think the Rhodes-Sandow storyline is over for now.
    My Night of Champions Card

Kickoff Show: 20 Man Battle Royal to determine Curtis Axel's challenger for the IC title later in the nght.
    Fandango wins by last eliminating Kofi Kingston after 11 mins

Match 1: United States Championship Dean Ambrose (c) vs The Miz
    I dont really like Ziggler going for the US title since he deserves better and hope he will be placed back into the WHC picture soon. A way to get Miz on the card. His fued with Fandango can be short. Doesnt matter if this match is thrown together. Miz can be one of the faces against the new cooperation.
    Dean Ambrose wins via pinfall with his finisher with interference from Rollins and Reigns after 8 mins

Match 2: WWE Tag Team Championships The Shield (c) (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs The Big Show and Mark Henry
    Hope this match happens.The Shield are attacking Miz when the big guys come out for the save and start their match. Miz goes to the back hurt but Ambrose stays at ringside.
    Mark Henry and The Big Show win the titles after a WSM on Rollins after 10mins. Miz comes back down and gives Reigns a low blow and Rollins a poke to the eye like Ric Flair. So Shield dont actually lose clean. No harm done to the shield and they can win the titles back within the next month.

Match 3: Dolph Ziggler vs Ryback (with Vickie Gurrero)
    Bit of a random match but Ziggler is against the new cooperation and I would have Ryback join it then Vickie can as well and then manage him. She still hates Dolph for ditching her.
    Dolph Ziggler wins via disqualification after 9 mins when Vickie gets involved and Ryback uses a chair. Ziggler then gets the upper hand to end their segment. Wouldnt want to hurt either guy so came to the dq finish.

Match 4: Intercontinental Championship Curtis Axel (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs Fandango (with Summer Rae)
    Wouldnt have to turn Fandango face just for one match. He deserves a IC title match after getting a concussion and losing his shot so Axel took his place. Could be a good little match with some comedy thrown in there as well. (would love to see Fandango vs Heyman in a dance off!).
    Curtis Axel wins va pinfall after 7 mins. CM Punk gets involved and hunts down Heyman and runs him off. Axel distracted and Fandago hits a kick to the head,Axel kicks out and dango goes for the leg drop but Ax moves out the way and hits a neckbreaker for the win.

Match 5: World Heavyweight Championship Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Rob Van Dam
    Ricardo announces Van Dam but doesnt go to ringside with him. Dont really want to see a triple threat with Christian (I would have him taken out for a little bit by the wyatt family). Will be a very good match I feel.
    Rob Van Dam wins via pinfall after the frog splash and new WHC after 15mins. Need to mix up the card a bit and add a bit of shock value so I would have RVD win the title and maybe Del Rio win it back if RVD is taken time off after Battleground (which seems to be when his 90 days will be up). I think we could get the new look Epico & Primo involved in this fued and they can be Del Rios sidekicks, I think that may get ADR more over and get Rosa Mendes involved so he has his stable. Ricardo helps Van Dam to win the title.

Match 6: Divas Championship AJ Lee (c) (with Layla) vs Natayla (with Kaitlyn)
    Hope this match happens. Natayla got a submission win on AJ 2 weeks ago on Raw and won at S.slam which hopefully means shes in for a push. Layla and Kaitlyn involved to add something to the match.
    AJ Lee wins via pinfall with a roll up after 6 mins. Natayla has AJ in the sharpshooter and AJ taps but the ref doesnt see it because the Bellas get involved and then the Funkadactyles come down to make the save. Layla then hits Nat,Kaitlyn spears Layla out of the ring and AJ rolls up Nat and uses the ropes for the win.

Match 7: CM Punk vs Paul Heyman Street Fight (if Heyman loses he must leave WWE and none of Heymans clients can get involved)
    Id rather this than Punk challenging for the IC title. Although the Punk-Heyman fued carrying on doesnt make sense to me without Lesnar. Surely whenever Punk goes for Heyman,Lesnar is going to save Heyman. So Heyman will have to man up and fight and say that he has told Brock to stay at home and that he has done his bit. Maddox can put and no contact clause on Punk and Heyman saying they cant touch each other until Night of Champions. (Punk goes after Heyman in the IC title match coz the PPV already started). This match may not be as long as Punks other matches due to Heymans lack of in-ring ability but add some hardcore dimension to it and it will be emotional and fun. Heyman can get some offense in with weapons to prove that he is actually tough.
    Paul Heyman wins via pinfall after 12mins. At some stage Punk has Heyman beat with a GTS but the ref is down and thenew ref comes down but Heyman kicks out and also when Heyman is tapping out the ref is down. Punk finally has Heyman up for the GTS to finish him when the lights go out the the Wyatt Family say they are here. They appear from the dark and beat up Punk with Bray on his rocking chair. Bray hits his fnisher on Punk and Heyman looks confused and covers Punk for the win.Heyman celebrates with Axel on the stage and Bray shouts FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS as his standing over Punk.

Match 8: WWE Championship Randy Orton (with Triple H) vs Daniel Bryan (with Shawn Michaels)
    It makes sense for HBK to get involved with this fued. He was on the S.slam panel saying Bryan was gona win and that he has trained him. His best friends with HHH so can come to confront him and ask him whats going on. Wouldnt want to involve him too much since he wont wrestle again but him being in DBs corner and HHH being on Ortons corner will add a great deal of credibility to the match being a PPV main event. I think it will be a great match but may not nesscearily draw the buys without Rock,Brock or Cena so havng HHH and especially HBK involved will help the buyrates im sure. (if HHH vs HBK has got any chance of happening at Mania 30 this is how I think the fued should start!)
    Randy Orton wins via pinfall with an RKO after 23 mins. HHH and HBK get involved a bit. Bryan has Orton tapping but HHH attacks the ref and waves down Maddox to be the ref. HBK superkciks Maddox. Shield then come down and attacks Bryan but Henry & Big Show come down and help. Amongst the carnege Orton hits an RKO on Bryan and the original ref counts the 3. Orton retains

NOC has usually 7 matches in recent years but if feel with more new stars wwe needs to get them on the card and maybe make the main events a bit shorter. If look at lasy year Ziggler vs Orton and Cena vs Punk were particually long. So I made 8 this year and Heyman being in a main event would help to justify the shortish match.
    HBK should never step foot in a ring to wrestle again.
    I agree with you he should stay retired and probably will. But if they were to do hhh vs hbk, this would be a good way to start the fued
    Don't believe an Iron Man match will happen. The best stable in the WWE left off the card? Rhodes/Sandow would be on the card before Fandango/Miz.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.