View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

WWE Raw 8-19-13 Hits and Misses

Rate this Entry
Overall Score: 9

Overview:

What a difference a day makes. Last week, everybody, myself included, didn't care for the McMahon Storyline. Well, I do now. I know there's still 8 months to go until Wrestlemania so the story will cool down, but for right now it's in full stride and I love it. With that being said let's jump straight into the hits and misses.

Hits

Opening Segment: I was a little surprised Cena opened the show, but I guess it served it's purpose. I'm glad that he got in, said what needed to be said, then got out. I also didn't mind seeing Stephani this week either. She did a solid job on the mic and it also gave her her heel turn too. It was also nice to see Bryan feel legitametly screwed afte the cash in since most others just brush it off.

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow: This match didn't do much for the Storyline, but the wrestling was good. The crowd tried to pick up random chants but these two pulled them right back in. This feud also helps elevate Rhodes to a World Title match. I will say that they should stop letting Cody do a moonsault.

Dolph Ziggler vs. The Shield: Dolph really showed some heart out there. Now why they chose Dolph to say those things about Hunter beats me. This match had some good spots like that nice suplex onto the outside and that (Joey Styles voice) "Oh My God" spear. I liked it.

Alberto Del Rio Segment: I'm calling this a segment because that match was too short. It seemed like they planned for Sin Cara to get hurt. I hope they run with Del Rio's 'Latin Hero' gimmick because it sets up Mysterio's return. I like that they're keeping Ricardo around because he is a great manager. I don't understand the alliance with RVD (maybe because he can't cut a promo?) but I do like RVD being the #1 contender.

The Real Americans vs. The Prime Time Players: Seems like WWE is trying to build up the tag division again. The reason I gave this a hit is because I like that the crowd didn't chant something horrible at Young and that the announcers didn't bring attention to his sexuality. It also seems like a PTPers face turn which I like as I'd like to see them beat The Shield for the Tag Titles.

The Big Show vs. The Shield: I like that a win kept The Shield looking strong and that Big Show looks in great shape and is motivated. That's all.

Punk Segment: Wow, a face that shows pure emotion. That was pure, raw emotion. I'm glad Punk was pissed off. He had a right. As for the brawl, it was okay. It went on a bit too long but that might've been because of Del Rio-Sin Cara. I like that they made Axel look strong and a realistic opponent for Punk. By the way, is it just me or does it seem like another Heyman guy's coming?

Orton's Coronation: I loved that they made a huge deal out of there being a new champion. Even though it's just like The Rock Storyline where he became the corporate champion, I like it. It was also nice that Hunter and Orton got heel reactions. I'm glad they addressed Orton taking out the McMahons years ago. Wouldn't have made sense if they didn't. The beatdown of Bryan was good as it shows that he has a big obstacle to overcome. I also loved that Orton covered up the title because it still had Cena's sideplates on it. Overall, great segment and I'm intrigued to see how Vince will turn face like planned.

Miss

Paul Heyman Segment: Eh, nothing new was said. Also, with no Punk interruption it was forgettable.

The Funkadactyls vs. Layla and AJ Lee: Although Naomi looked like a contender for the title, this match was just too short. Plus, the ending felt weird and was almost botched again.

Ryback Segment: I don't care for these segments. It doesn't really help that he's getting no ring time. So much for WWE's no bullying campaign.

R-Truth vs. Bray Wyatt: I get that this was to keep Wyatt looking strong, but it was just filler and didn't mean anything. I want to know what's next for him though now that Kane's gone.

3MB vs. The Usos: Eh, a filler match that I didn't care for. By the way, even though Primo and Epico are bull fighters now can Rosa still be their manager?

The Miz vs. Wade Barrett: Again, just filler that didn't mean muc othe than continuing the Fandango and Miz feud. Then again, I just plain don't like Miz.

Well, let me know your opinions down below. See y'all next week!

Submit "WWE Raw 8-19-13 Hits and Misses" to Digg Submit "WWE Raw 8-19-13 Hits and Misses" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Raw 8-19-13 Hits and Misses" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Raw 8-19-13 Hits and Misses" to Google

Comments

Some of your hits are interesting. I personally didn't care too much for the Del Rio thing. I didn't care too much about the 3 on 1 match with Ziggler either. He battled but it was no secret he was losing that one. I enjoyed the Big Show much more because I thought he was actually going to win. And you're right, he's in great shape.

I personally like The Miz. I'm always in favor of old school guys but if I had to choose one or two favs in the current new blood, I'd go with Miz and Cody Rhodes. I don't care much for anyone else. I'm a fan of Bryan but not really embracing the Stone Cold vs The Corporation rehash. I'll actually be posting a blog this week regarding that.

Good stuff as always. After the closing segment last night, I was waiting for a reason to read something on this and shout out a comment.
    The Del Rio/Cara match was supposed to actually happen. Cara fucked up, the match was cancelled and Del Rio was legit pissed. I think he was trying to stay in character (kicking him) but he wasn't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Some of your hits are interesting. I personally didn't care too much for the Del Rio thing. I didn't care too much about the 3 on 1 match with Ziggler either. He battled but it was no secret he was losing that one. I enjoyed the Big Show much more because I thought he was actually going to win. And you're right, he's in great shape.

I personally like The Miz. I'm always in favor of old school guys but if I had to choose one or two favs in the current new blood, I'd go with Miz and Cody Rhodes. I don't care much for anyone else. I'm a fan of Bryan but not really embracing the Stone Cold vs The Corporation rehash. I'll actually be posting a blog this week regarding that.

Good stuff as always. After the closing segment last night, I was waiting for a reason to read something on this and shout out a comment.
    Please don't. 90% of your posts are bitching, and the other 5% is saying CM Punk is not over. Which is just plain stupid. How was Punk getting super loud Punk chants on this RAW? And why would Vince give him the WWE title for 434 days? Oh yeah i forgot you clearly know how to run the WWE better then Vince.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    Please don't. 90% of your posts are bitching, and the other 5% is saying CM Punk is not over. Which is just plain stupid. How was Punk getting super loud Punk chants on this RAW? And why would Vince give him the WWE title for 434 days? Oh yeah i forgot you clearly know how to run the WWE better then Vince.....
    I think your calculator is broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    Um...WOW...and here I thought you were a loyal reader. My bad. Guess I was wrong.
    One thing you didn't mention that I really enjoyed was Brad Maddox. Booking faces into handicap matches against the shield for being "outspoken" against the COO Triple H was gold. It reminded of Eric Bishoff back in the day when he was Raw GM, especially the way he talked and acted towards that girl during Big Shows interview.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.