View RSS Feed

Kyle Fitta

Vince McMahon Needs To Panic For WWE To Drastically Change

Rate this Entry
I haven't written about wrestling in months now . I have had no interest in doing so . We all know the product is terrible , so I am not going to inflict pain onto myself by watching it just to write about it .

Lately, however, I've heard people ask why certain things are the way they are in
WWE. Of course, the main question is why the Attitude Era can't come back.

Well , the answer to that question is quite simple: It died 12 years ago, get over it . Besides, almost everything that
WWE has risen from the dead has paled in comparison to the original.

The Attitude Era was a revolution. That is what needs to happen instead of backtracking to the late 90s, early 2000s; a revolution needs to happen to a put a spark back into pro-wrestling.

WWE doesn't currently need to, though. They are content where they are now.They don't need to gamble; all they have to do is shred-water.

For there to be a drastic change for the better, McMahon needs to experience dire fear (similar to how he did when
WCW emerged and nearly put his company out of business), because history proves he either steps up his game when he feels feels threatened, or, even better, searches for advice from someone else besides his brown-nosers.

After all, that is what sparked the Attitude Era: He was desperate and looking
for solutions, so he started listening to people he normally wouldn't give the time of day. Like for example, Vince Russo, who kept pitching ideas to make the product more edgy and to stop following wrestling formulas.

Consequently, albeit having a restricted roster,
WWF survived WCW's reign of terror and eventually surpassed their popularity via listening to the fans, giving wrestlers unique gimmicks, and thinking outside the box by creating innovative ways to build conflicts.

By year 2000,
WWF signed several workhouses to give the product enough depth to give an impeccably balanced programming that displayed of prodigious wrestling and captivating sports entertainment.

In addition, they also upgraded their head of creative leader after Vince Russo left by replacing him with Chris
Kreski. In contrary to Russo, Kreski understood the psychology of wrestling and thought outside the box, came up with compelling , captivating and inventive ideas , and used storyboards to develop story lines that were layered and well structured as well.

Without any surprise , the year 2000 were the Golden Age of
WWF from a rating , profitability , and critically acclaimed standpoint.

But once the product
officially cemented itself as the top-dog , McMahon went back to doing what he wanted to do: He demoted Kreski from head-writer and replaced him with his inexperienced daughter, who didn't know how to book herself out of a paper bag .

He surrounded himself with a bunch of people who wrote for his approval . He fired other people with extensive wrestling knowledge like Paul Heyman and Jim Ross and replaced them with people with spineless people who wouldn't disagree with anything McMahon would have to say.

He self-indulgently booked himself and his family into practically any huge angle that has happened in
WWF in the past 15 years . He has allowed his son-in-law to overexposed himself and shoehorn himself into huge angles as well .

And most frustratingly , he has told the fans what they want , thinking he knew what they wanted better than they did .

If you don't believe me , take a look at some of the more famous things that has / had happened in
WWE over the past couple of years .They've almost all been moments where McMahon has had some sense of panicking.

He brought back familiar faces like the Rock and Brock
Lesnar because of the WM buyrates were sliding. He triggered the Nexus angle because the ratings were simmering . He allowed the Summer of Punk to happen because Punk was going to walk out of the company . The list goes on and on , to be honest .

So there you have it . In order for
WWE to drastically change , McMahon needs to panic . Otherwise , he will stay seated on his throne , disallowing anyone to question his decisions .

Like CM Punk once said , McMahon is a millionaire that
should be a billionaire.

Submit "Vince McMahon Needs To Panic For WWE To Drastically Change" to Digg Submit "Vince McMahon Needs To Panic For WWE To Drastically Change" to del.icio.us Submit "Vince McMahon Needs To Panic For WWE To Drastically Change" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vince McMahon Needs To Panic For WWE To Drastically Change" to Google

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.