View RSS Feed

ThomHodkinson

Thom's Crystal Ball: Summerslam 2013 predictions

Rate this Entry
We're just days away from the 26th annual Summerslam PPV, so now's as good a time as any to deliver my official predictions for the outcomes of the night.

Kick-Off Show: United States Title match
As much as I hate to admit it, this could be the end of Dean Ambrose's reign as US champion. Rob Van Dam has been given a huge push since returning at Money in the Bank and handing him a title seems like a logical choice. Although it'd be better to see him play more of a role in the World Heavyweight title picture, perhaps a run as US champion could help boost the title's integrity.
Not that Ambrose hasn't been doing that, it's just that having a big-time babyface holding the belt may be just what we need. As for The Shield as a whole, I'm disappointed to see them losing so many matches recently. They appear to be getting weaker by the day and I am not a fan of that. If we see Reigns & Rollins defend their titles on Sunday, I could see them losing too. Hopefully, it'll get the trio back on track with being the ruthless force to be reckoned with.

Natalya Vs Brie Bella
Is it really a match or is it just another poorly organised promo for Total Divas?
My prediction: A disappointing match, followed by a total drop in ratings on the E! Network

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn Vs Big E Langston & AJ Lee
Hey, remember when Dolph Ziggler had finally made it as World Champion? Wasn't that awesome? And now?.... Thanks for watering down one of the hottest, freshest competitors in your entire industry with horse-shit story lines and a complete lack of Title Runs or Pushes, WWE!
I can see this one being paint by numbers and throw-away.

RING OF FIRE!
Bray Wyatt's first match on the main roster, and he's fighting Kane in one of the biggest PPVs of the year. Nice one!
Although the Sadist in me wants to see this being a good, old fashioned Inferno match, I can't deny that I'm excited at the prospect of this one. Now that his former partner Daniel Bryan has the momentum in the World, Kane needs something himself to keep up in the roster and this will do just nicely. As for the result, I'm hoping for a Wyatt win. His "brothers" Rowan & Harper have been totally dominating lately, and I think it's time for everyone to see exactly what the former Husky Harris can really do. Follow them buzzards, people.

Cody Rhodes Vs Damien Sandow
This will be a beat down, pure & simple. They're two of the most talented guys on the roster, and we've been waiting a long time to see a Cody face turn. Money in the Bank provided and we've been entertained ever since. I'm looking forward to some great spots and a lot of high intensity action. This match may just steal the show. I can see Sandow winning this one. His cunning will protect him and seal his victory over his former partner. By the way, what happened to WWE's attempts to help the Tag Team Division grow? That died pretty quickly, didn't it?

World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio probably holds the record for the shortest heel-to-face-to-heel turn in wrestling history (although it can be said that CM Punk comes a close second). I've never been ADR's biggest fan, and now that's he disposed of Ricardo Rodriguez, there's even less reason to watch him perform. I could see Ricardo getting involved on Sunday and costing his fellow countryman the match. Whether that means a DQ end or Del Rio losing the title, I'm not too sure, but Christian does seem to be getting a little push himself, with career round-ups being played on Smackdown

Punk Vs Lesnar: The Best Vs The Beast
I literally cannot decide on this one. Both of these guys are going to give it their all, and you know that Heyman's going to enlist Curtis Axel in some way, but Punk's momentum, especially after Raw on Monday night, gives him a slight edge for me.
Rumours are circling of Lesnar bowing out of WWE after this weekend, so having a Punk victory would make sense, but I feel that Paul Heyman's position will be strained. A little while ago, he had 3 guys to represent. After Summerslam, that may only be one. Being a Paul Heyman guy myself, it's annoying to see someone who had so much reduced to little.

WWE TITLE: John Cena Vs Daniel Bryan
If there's any justice in the world, DB will win this in a thrilling encounter that may not just give Daniel Bryan the title run that he deserves, but may also give Cena some credibility from the wrestling fan base. However, if Cena's injury reports are to be believed, don't expect him to over-do anything. That in mind, it wouldn't make sense for the WWE Champion to be out for a while to have surgery, so again, Bryan looks more and more like the obvious choice.
What I don't want this to be is a puff piece, to set something else up. I know, they're both dating a Bella Twin, can we not make this about Total Divas?
And I know, the Whole McMahon Clan divide thing is going to be inevitable, but can we just make this about the wrestling please? Just this once?

Submit "Thom's Crystal Ball: Summerslam 2013 predictions" to Digg Submit "Thom's Crystal Ball: Summerslam 2013 predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "Thom's Crystal Ball: Summerslam 2013 predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thom's Crystal Ball: Summerslam 2013 predictions" to Google

Comments

I agree with cena bryan match .. I have feeling that with vince not wanting cena or bryan as champion he may inlist orton to cash in and heel turn at once .. Also the program withh bryan coould fill at least 4 ppv's with top class main events .. I just hope hhh doest get invloved
    I'd like to see Lesnar win vs Punk and Punk get a rematch with a W down the road. However, I doubt they face at Mania, so likely Punk win.

I think Del Rio wins, but would be very happy if Christian beat him.

Ambrose isn't losing the US title to RVD. I figure Shield/Wyatt Family face some time from now to Survivor Series for all the gold. Lets face it, no credible opponents in the division which makes this matchup happen soon. Ambrose isn't losing to RVD.

I think Rhodes will win if it isn't for the briefcase. If it ends up being for the briefcase which may happen next ppv....Sandow will win.

I think Natalya wins unless if someone on the outside gets involved.

Wyatt of course wins.

I'm rooting for Dolph to win....how many losses can he have? Loses every single week...why? That is the main reason, I don't want Kaitlyn/AJ anymore. Hopefully Dolph pins Big E, but I don't see that happening. I believe AJ/Big E wins o.

Ok, here is what I want to happen....Daniel Bryan wins and beats Orton as he fails after cashing in the MITB. Beat both Orton and Cena....2 of the biggest superstars of this generation beat in 1 night. Intensing the feud with McMahon as Vince stares at Bryan with mean face as the yes chants continue. Orton still feuds with Bryan o over the WWE title.

I think however, like everyone else that Orton will leave LA as WWE champion.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.