View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

WWE Raw 8/12/13 Hits and Misses

Rate this Entry
Overall Score: 8

Hits

Randy Orton vs. Damien Sandow: This was a pretty good match. I think Orton can elevate mid-carders to look like main eventers. Sandow looked good tonight and anothe example is when he faced off with Fandango the night after Money in the Bank. The story with Rhodes and Sandow was played out fine but I liked that they established exactly why Rhodes is doing this by having him say he will stop all of Sandow's cash in attempts because he should be World Heavyweight Champion before him.

Mr. McMahon Segment: I was originally going to give this a miss but I think Triple H saved it. I didn't like them teasing Brad Maddox as the special referre since his past with championship matches, but I'm okay with Triple H as it. I know it's most likely so the McMahon Storyline can play out like planned, but I'm still okay with it. By the way, who the hell dressed Vince tonight?

Diva Segment: Divas on the hit portion? No way. Well yes way because I actually liked this. It's nice to see WWE hype a Diva's match that doesn't have the Divas Championship on the line.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston: This match did nothing to advance the Del Rio-Christian match at Summerslam, which I believe it should have by having Christian run in, but it still gets a hit though. The only reason is because of the wrestling. Few matches without Storyline purposes are good, but this one was very entertaining and fun to watch.

The Real Americans vs. The Usos: Say what you want, but I also enjoyed this match. I just thought it was entertaining and the best out of the three these teams had. It also gets a hit because my step-brother, who never watches wrestling, made me realize how ridiculous Zeb Coulter looks.

Miz TV: Finally, a Miz TV that didn't suck. Mainly thanks to Miz barely talking, but most importantly because John Cena gave one of his best promos ever. He delivered an edgy promo and didn't come across as looking uncomfortable. I think I'm starting to see what Cena's character truly is now. When he says he doesn't care what the fans think but still loves his supporters I think his character is more of the corporate wrestler than a true face. He just goes out and gets the job done not really caring what the fans think. I don't know, just my observation.

Battle Royal: I do love battle royals and I really enjoyed this one. We got to see a maybe rivalry happen with Fandango and R-Truth and I think RVD winning was smart. Him and Dean Ambrose can put on a great match. I also like Show returning at the end too. Sets up Rollins and Reigns biggest test to date with Henry and Show at Summerslam.

CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman: Really smart to have Punk stand tall tonight. I enjoyed the sneak attack on Brock and the physicality that ensued. I also like how he keeps getting closer and closer to Heyman each time they're near eachother. The way they've handled this feud makes it look like it will be the match of the night at Summerslam.

Miss

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett: I get why this match happened becUse of last week, but it didn't need to. Also, Maddox didn't need to be the Ref. I just don't see the logic of having your number one contender lose six days before. Just stupid.

The Great Khali and Natalya vs. Big E Langston and AJ: I don't know why Dolph and Kaitlyn didn't run in during the match. The other reason for this being a miss is one word: botch. What a horrible and humiliating botched finish by that Ref.

Kane vs. Titus O'Neil: At least they told us what a Ring of Fire match is. Anyway, with no promo by either Bray or Kane after the match and no beatdown, this didn't advance the feud or anything.

Summary

Very good Raw tonight. This didn't really feel like a go home Raw to set up a PPV, but it was still good. They finally did a good job hyping Cena-Bryan and kept the hype for Brock-Punk strong. Overall, better than the last two weeks.

Submit "WWE Raw 8/12/13 Hits and Misses" to Digg Submit "WWE Raw 8/12/13 Hits and Misses" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Raw 8/12/13 Hits and Misses" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Raw 8/12/13 Hits and Misses" to Google

Comments

It's the first Raw I watched in a month...and I personally thought it sucked.

I thought the Punk/Heyman/Lesnar segment was the same ol' shit. Geez, I seriously, SERIOUSLY hate Paul Heyman...not in a way that says he's doing his job as a heel. I hate how his flabby face looks and how annoying he is when he emphasizes BROCK LESNAR, all 17 times he says it in a promo. Mute button for me.

Since I havent watched in a month, I can't speak on if it was better or worse than the previous two weeks.
    The battle royal was great. Cena -DB was great. Rest was average, give or take.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.