View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

My favorite WWE feud of 2013

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Forget The Rock vs. John Cena. Forget CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. And last but certainly not least, forget Punk vs. The Rock.

In my opinion, my most absolute favorite WWE feud of 2013 involves two up-and-coming young WWE Superstars.

SD_726_Photo_125.JPG

Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow first teamed up together on the August 27th, 2012 episode of Monday Night RAW when they lost to the team of Brodus Clay and Sin Cara, but they didn't officially became a tag team until the September 21, 2012 episode of Friday Night SmackDown in which they began a feud with Kane and Daniel Bryan.

Now known simply as Team Rhodes Scholars, they battled Kane and Bryan over the WWE Tag Team Championships for several months until the Royal Rumble PPV but were unsuccessful at winning the titles.

For the next several months, Rhodes and Sandow languished in mid-card nation while being pushed aside by the likes of Cena, The Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, Punk, Triple H, and other big names heading into WrestleMania 29, often used as either enhancement talent on RAW and SmackDown or being relegated to Superstars, Main Event, and Saturday Morning Slam on some occasions.

Despite all this, they did enter a feud with Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) as well as teaming up with Brie and Nikki Bella to counter with the Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi). Their match was cut from WrestleMania 29 due to the WWE focusing too much attention on the big names as well as time constraints but in the end, Tons of Funk got the better of the feud.

Tensions between Rhodes and Sandow continued for the next couple of months as they lost most of their matches, but things would change with these two men big time.

The split began at last July's Money in the Bank PPV where Sandow threw Rhodes off the ladder to claim the MITB briefcase just as Rhodes was about to grab the briefcase and the following night on RAW, Rhodes attacked Sandow after Sandow lost to Christian.

137619874536577.jpg

But my favorite part of this feud was when Rhodes stole Sandow's briefcase during Sandow's match with Randy Orton (this year's MITB briefcase winner for a future WWE Championship match) and then managed to throw the briefcase into the Gulf of Mexico in which Sandow was unable to retrieve the briefcase since he can't swim.

And now, the former BFFs will be facing each other at SummerSlam on August 18th which I hope extends until at least the Survivor Series PPV on November 24th.

Submit "My favorite WWE feud of 2013" to Digg Submit "My favorite WWE feud of 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "My favorite WWE feud of 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "My favorite WWE feud of 2013" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Punk/Heyman, Cena/Rock, Cena/Bryan all of these are better feuds than sandow/rhodes. Sandow is absolutely snooze time when he is on the mic. Rhodes is ok but not entertaining enough to be invloved in the "best feud" of 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhank1218
    Punk/Heyman, Cena/Rock, Cena/Bryan all of these are better feuds than sandow/rhodes. Sandow is absolutely snooze time when he is on the mic. Rhodes is ok but not entertaining enough to be invloved in the "best feud" of 2013.
    Sandow is actually great on the mic. When he speaks everyone listens. Sandow gets a reaction from the crowd few can get in the company right now. I've been liking Rhodes/sandow feud, but I'd like to see it play out a bit more. Cena/Bryan arguably had the promo of the year during the Miz TV segment on Raw. The only argument could be made against it is Mark Henry's retirement, but that was great. No one gives Cena the props he deserves for putting out a great promo in there with a guy who isn't known for his mic skills himself. I figure in the long run, Heyman/Punk will have the best feud of the year. I expect to last at least til Survivor Series.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.