View RSS Feed

Callum

WWE: Future Champions

Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
Haven’t blogged in a while so bear with me but I thought this would be a nice easy topic to get me going again so without further ado, here we go!

In this blog, I’ll be looking at who I think would make a good champion going into the future for each belt in order to a) bring prestige back and b) to have a memorable/entertaining reign.

Divas Championship
So we start off with everyone’s favourite belt; the divas championship! Recently, we’ve had a fairly decent rivalry between AJ and Kaitlyn. Given their history the feud could be a lot better but when you consider what we’ve become accustomed to then this a very good diva feud.

With the recent alliance of Layla and AJ, it looks likely that the AJ/Kaitlyn feud will continue. With this feud they can go two ways in my opinion. I’ll leave my preferred option till later but option a) for me is that they give Kaitlyn a partner and have the two teams’ feud. I saw someone on the forums recently say that Paige would be a good option however she’s still under 21 and this feud can’t afford to wait if they’re going to go in this direction. If it were me I would partner Natalya with Kaitlyn. Firstly, it gives a very deserving person air time but also it would stop Natalya being a valet to Khali which would also be a welcome change.

However, option b) is my preferred option and it would lead to this women becoming champion:

I would have Layla and AJ team till Survivor Series before having Layla turn on AJ in a traditional survivor series match (Team AJ vs. Team Kaitlyn). This would lead to the first ever divas triple threat ladder match (AJ vs. Kaitlyn vs. Layla) at TLC where Layla would win the belt.

Now, I know the ladder match is perhaps wishful thinking but even if it was just a normal match this is the storyline I’d go for. Having said that I think a think a ladder match would be several steps in the right direction for the divas division.
Another thing I would do for the divas division is allocate 30 minutes to them every other episode of Main Event to allow them to have longer matches and maybe start to garner up enough fan support to get a reaction on Raw/Smackdown. I’ve digressed a bit so I’ll move on quickly.

Tag Team Championships
I like The Shield, just not as tag team champions. As TTC’s (Tag team Champions is getting annoying to type) they’ve done nothing for the belts as the belts have never really been the main focus (same goes for the US championship). The Uso’s have been the recent title contenders but they’ve never really appeared to be a threat. To me, the next champions should be the Prime Time Players.

I’m not the biggest fan of Darren Young but Titus O’Neil more than makes up for this. They’re everything the tag team division needs at the moment. They have presence, charisma and are decent enough in the ring. I would build the division around them as they’re a very entertaining team.

US Championship
So as I said above, I don’t feel The Shield have done anything for the belts. My favourite transitional champion is back and is exactly what’s needed to give this man the belt…

So Fandango is probably my favourite wrestler at the moment. He’s great in the ring, has a presence and is good on the mic. I’d be interested to see what he could do with a belt and the USC is a great one to start him off. I’m sure he could have some great feuds, maybe one with a returning Tyson Kidd?

Intercontinental Championship
Our current champion is missing a feud and he’s done nothing for me yet. Personally, I think he was given the belt too soon but I suppose there was nothing really that interesting happening with it anyway. Anyway, Rey Mysterio is scheduled to return shortly and I would put him straight into a program with Axel.

Mysterio has had some great feuds in the past with Ziggler and Jericho for the belt and I think he could help Axel with his current reign whilst having a final championship run of his own. The matches would be great and the feud would help elevate Axel as I feel WWE have dropped the ball with him thus far.

Feuds
So before we get to the main events here are some feuds I would like to see in the next year or so.

Christian vs. Rob Van Dam
Damien Sandow vs. Cm Punk
Fandango vs. Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio vs. Mark Henry
Cody Rhodes vs. Fandango

World Heavyweight Championship
So creative have messed up Ryback and in order to save his character I think he needs a WHC run. I’m hoping Christian wins the belt at SummerSlam and this leads to a feud with Ryback.

I’d have Ryback win it at Survivor Series and hold onto it at the Royal Rumble where he’d lose it to somebody (Christian if their feud continued). After the match out of frustration Ryback could beat down the new WHC leading to Sandow cashing in.

WWE Championship
So last but not least the WWE Championship. Now with this one I’m going to be looking more long term because I think Bryan, Cena, Orton and perhaps Punk will be the ones in the title scene till at least Extreme Rules.

After this, let’s say hypothetically speaking that Orton is champion and now heel. I think he should feud with Cody Rhodes.

If WWE build him up enough over the next year then he could be a great opponent for Orton. I’d have his feud with Sandow go on for a while, perhaps finishing with a traditional survivor series match. Orton and Rhodes have got lots of history together and it would be interesting to see each other feud in the opposite roles. The matches would be great and I’m sure they could have a great rivalry.

I appreciate this isn't the best read - I haven't wrote anything in months so that was to be expected. Anyway, thanks for reading and be sure to leave a comment below!

Submit "WWE: Future Champions" to Digg Submit "WWE: Future Champions" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: Future Champions" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: Future Champions" to Google

Updated 08-09-2013 at 04:17 PM by Callum

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

The read was fine mate, i agree with most of your points.

Mysterio as ic champ is not one of them, i like Rey but his time is coming to an end imo, Axel should hold on to it for a while.

Cody Rhodes, Great idea time to build on the future.
    Next Divas champion, possibly Tamina or someone different hopefully. Goodness, plz not Kaitlyn or Layla. Layla still trying to recapture her glory days with Flawless with this recent heel turn.

I hope the PTP is the next tag team champions. Top 5 favs of mine currently. I don't care that they lose neither. I love doing the dance. I liked the videos on youtube as well. I figure though, Wyatt Family will face Shield down the road simply because no strong face opponents left. Which is why Shield hasn't had the impact it has had in recent months. For all the gold, US and tag gold. Wyatt Family has it....which is what I figure will happen.

IC title, I'd like to see Tyson Kidd pick up a shock victory over Curtis Axel after he returns which is like in November. Have it on Raw to make it even more obvious that he can't win the belt to even get a bigger reaction. That would be awesome!! Rey Mysterio needs no belt to validate he is one of the best. If you ask me, he can put guys over for the rest of his career shots at various titles such as world, WWE, US, IC and even tag.

I'd like to see Ryback win the world title, but is he even gonna have a Summerslam match? Look at the recent streak he has been on. It is time to start to add up some wins before that happens.

WWE title, Daniel Bryan obviously!
    Divas championship - I would like aj to have a long 5-6 month reign before dropping the belt. She is by far the best overall diva on the roster. Next holder definitely.not kaitlyn or Layla. I would like natalya to hold it. She is veteran and deserves to hold it multiple times like Beth. I would like to see kharma return and hold it. Maybe natalya vs Khama or aj vs kharma at mania 30.

ttc- definitely PTp but have it change between them and USos and maybe a reign by the real Americans.

us - bray watt, fandango, big e

ic - I would like Kidd to return with a workhorse gimmick and then divulge into a feud with axel with these two exchange the title and trying to steal the show each time by constantly outdoing there previous match. Great homage to bret and mr perfect. Others Rollins, cesaro, sand ow

world - I'm sorry but cant stand ryback. Think he should head for tna. Big e but like in 18-24 months. I hope Christian wins at sslam then Rhodes and sandow. Kofi and cesaro definately deserves a world title run

wwe - Bryan and Ziggler apart from the obvious orton and punk. I sure hope this is cena last reign. Would like to c Henry have a run. Cody and sandow in a couple of years. I would like to c jericho have one more run with the title

feuds

sandow vs punk
    sandow vs jericho
    cesaro vs punk
    cesaro v jericho
    cesaro vs sandow
    cesaro vs rollins
    cesaro vs ziggler
    punk vs chistian
    punk vs heel sheamus
    bryan vs kidd
    bryan vs rhodes
    nicki vs brie
    aj vs Paige
    aj vs nicki
    big e vs hHenry
    rollins vs ambrose
    punk vs ambrose
    punk vs rollins
    punk vs kingston
    kingston vs bryan
    kingston vs rollins
    Ziggler vs sandow
    ziggler vs rhodes
    ziggler vs fandango
    ziggler vs ambrose
    ziggler vs Rollins
    Paige turns 21 on Saturday

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.