View RSS Feed

wil2197

Random Thoughts: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
It’s time to pick on TNA again. Now this will be the third week straight that I pick on these poor bastards. Now, it’s not because I hate them. Quite the contrary, I’ve been looking forward to TNA the most every week. The BFG series is clearly the best reason to tune in to their program. But...the last two weeks, the stories have sucked, they really have. The lawsuit, the August 1st mystery, it’s just been bad. And my scores may have not truly reflected what I felt about the shows. That’ll be the norm with me. You really have to pay more attention to my content rather than the scores. Within the bad jokes is the hidden truth, so the scores don’t always tell the whole story...or even tell the story correctly. So, I’ll try to grade my thoughts more accurately this time around. I personally try not to read spoilers, so while many people last week at least have an idea of how this show is gonna be tonight, I’m in the dark. So come with me as we venture into another Bischoff-approved TNA.

...ugh...

Main Attraction: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13

Nuts, it was good while it lasted
So Taz is back. And he threw Tenay out. Well...we might as well mute the television tonight.

Poor poor Borash
So Aces come out and Taz is back to reclaim his spot at the announcer’s table with Mr. Anderson joining along. Well there might be a little bit of hope if Mr. Anderson is allowed to talk. Before Taz reclaims his spot, he has some words for Jeremy.

“This is my table, you hear me? My table! WWE wouldn’t take me back, so this is my table! They wouldn’t use me for a RAW in my hometown of Brooklyn, so this is my table! They said they had no interest, that there’s no one in TNA that they need, especially a wrestler turned half-ass announcer like me, so this is my table! You here, my table! Because they just wouldn’t take me so..this is...my...table...”

*proceeds to collapse, crying, yelling “WHY!!!!!”*

Bully should learn to read
So Bully mentions how he wasn’t impressed with the August 1st Mystery (gee, no kidding) and says nobody does surprises better than him. Nobody in TNA does surprises well...period. He then calls out Sabin so they can sign the contract. Sabin comes out and Bully mentions he hates how the title looks on him. Personally, I like the wearing the title like a sash look. Brooke then comes out and mentions her father isn’t here tonight (another episode without Hogan? Things are on an upswing) and also mentions a little something that he overlooked in his rematch clause.

Turns out if Bully loses his rematch, he can never get another World Title match again...ever...for the rest of his life. Men in black will follow him from promotion to promotion ensuring he doesn’t ask for another title. His phone lines will be monitored to make sure he doesn’t call a promoter at three in the morning asking for a title match. If he comes within 15 yards of a championship, gps monitoring systems will alert a special government task force whose job is to make sure that a wrestler honors his “No World Title for Life” clause. Some people may call it wasteful spending, but it still makes more sense than Obamacare.

...I’d be scared of being flamed after doing that joke, but I know liberals don’t watch wrestling.

Perhaps Bully should have looked past the clause where he gets a lifetime supply of Twinkies if he gets the rematch. Bully is refusing to sign the contract...but one sexual insult from Brooke later and we have ourselves a main event for the Free Per View spectacular, Hardcore Justice.

I love Bound for Glory
Nine out of ten times you’ll get great matches. Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy is one of those Nine times. Joe tried to net himself 10 points, but surprisingly Jeff Hardy picks up the pinfall victory.

Trouble in Paradise
Daniels thinks Kazarian...or Frankie (awww)...is being selfish. I wonder who’ll have to buy the flowers.

That was...Roode.
Get it? Cause it’s a play on the word Rude. It’s funny, HA! So Mr. Anderson’s match is next, and luckily he doesn’t have far to walk considering he’s at the announcer’s table. And I’ve gotta say, Magnus is the future. TNA better not botch him. Mr. Anderson puts up a valiant effort, but it would take Roode running in with a steel chair, hitting Anderson and taking 10 points away from Magnus. Quite clever.

Roode calls himself a genius
And that he is. I look forward to more of his antics.

Magnus tells the ref he doesn’t hold it against him
Awwwww...

Ummm...are Bromans...are they planning for their gay wedding?
They just told a hot chick to get out of their dressing room, so what do you think?

August 1st Recap
Ah crap...we’re about to go downhill, aren’t we.

Sabin tells Main Event Mafia he has a planning
Uh oh...goody two shoes has been scheming.

What the hell was the point
Jeremy calls Tito Ortiz a Bellator Superstar. Be nice of him to fight a match first before giving him that honorary title. So Tito is asked why is he here, but I hope you don’t care, cause he’ll never answer. Angle comes out, warning Tito to respect his space. And Tito does the worst delivery of the line “Loud and clear” that I have ever heard...in my entire life. Bully then comes out telling Tito to keep his “stupid face” out of his way. Bully leaves. Angle leaves. Jeremy forgets he was doing an interview. Pointless. There’s seven minutes we’ll never see again people.

The Tag Team Champs graces us with their presence
They’re teamed with ODB against...ugh...the Bromans and...*boing*...Mickie James. During the match TNA 10 Reunion PPV event is advertised. Yea, good luck finding that on your local Cable and Satellite provider. You’ll probably find CBS a lot easier. ODB and company picks up the win in a decent match, but she’s then attacked by Gail Kim. Gunner and Storm don’t really do a good job protecting their tag team partner, who’s then hit from behind by Mickie James.

...ummm...Bro’s before Ho’s?

Okay...now show us your storyline for the tag team champs...you don’t have one, do you.

Kazarian still upset Chris said “Poor Frankie”
...we may need a box of chocolates for this.

They won that many tag team titles!?
Impressive. Bully is looking forward to beating respect into Sabin while Devon is looking to send the Mafia a message that someone is going home next week. I guess Devon is gonna tell them that he’s gonna lose next week.

(Insert Cat Fighting Noises Here)
This is a quickie. Nothing too special till the ending when Daniels and Kazarian both elect to be double counted out together.

Awww...it’s like a cheesy ending to a romantic comedy :-)

Then Bobby Roode comes out (WTF) to announce while everyone has been paying attention to other useless crap, himself and Bad Influence have been ignored, and form an alliance together.

...I think that kinda contradicts the “Do things for himself” character he’s presented to us for the past two weeks. Meh, we’ll see where it goes.

Tito told there’s a lot of questions for him
Just promises to hit people next week.

A “Meh” World Champ
So Sabin’s master plan for the main event? Bring Sting out as his partner. But...I think Angle was hitting the sauce before the match, cause he’s suddenly out there beating up on Bully and Devon, and now Angle is his partner.

...oh there isn’t gonna be a strong enough flame proof suit for that.

And look, I’m just not sold on Sabin being World Champ. They make him wimp out every time he’s in the ring. Look, he can’t just do good against people his own size...please, give him a chance to fight. He does get a second wind in the end, predictably, and picks up the pinfall victory on Bully. But...I just wish he would’ve had a more well-rounded performance like Angle. I hope the main event next week shows a more even showing before Sabin drops the title, otherwise this first title reign of his will be easily forgotten.

The Verdict
Well, we knew any August 1st follow-up would suck, but this wasn’t a bad show. There’s a couple of things I wish they would’ve done differently, but overall I liked it. The wrestling was good, anything with Roode was my favorite part of the show, and Daniels and Kazarian are living happily ever after. What more can you ask for?

Four Angle DW....uhhhh, Four out of five.

Submit "Random Thoughts: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13" to Digg Submit "Random Thoughts: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13" to del.icio.us Submit "Random Thoughts: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Random Thoughts: Impact Wrestling 8-8-13" to Google

Updated 08-09-2013 at 04:16 AM by wil2197

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I watch TNA because i love wrestling, Most of TNAs matchs are top notch but story wise.....No.
    Quote Originally Posted by wil2197
    I wish you were a fan of Regular Show or Adventure Time, so you could tell me what the hell those are.

Adolescent humor appreciated by the likes of those in the 5th grade is the best description I can present. The kids in my 10 year olds class are quite fond of the pointless show. They are essentially Sponge Bob for pre-teens.

I'm growing older myself, an even thirty right now, and I also enjoy the intelligent debate over a wide variety of topics, including Wrestling. There's nothing wrong with that, we don't need to be brain dead dumb. And I fully respect that their are more intelligent blogs like the person that has tried to spark a meaningful, as hard as it is, conversation on Chris Benoit (although I think doing a second blog on his son was a little much). I like those blogs. Personally, I prefer to go against the grain in this case. I don't think it means that this blog is brain dead dumb, although you are entitled to say that. This is the style I choose to present, and it will not be enjoyed by all, even a vast majority in a community that does tend to get quite hostile towards one another. That's fine. If someone doesn't like one entry, I fully don't expect them to read another entry.

I’m curious; if you enjoy such debates over said topics, why would your choice be to “go against the grain” of something you enjoy? Do you prefer not to challenge yourself to be the spark of these conversations, opting to go in the direction away from intellectual debate?

And for the record, I never said that that the blog was “brain dead dumb”, rather I was explaining to you that blogs such as these only further the stereotype that all internet fans are as such. The moments, in which you expressed enjoyment from the show, you brushed past (Joe/Hardy, Roode’s segment) and chose only to focus your rant around the negatives. It’s more obvious in that you took time to rant about the ONO advert rather than expressing your thoughts on the actually mixed tag match.

You focused solely on trying to make a comical aspect out of what you didn’t like, yet didn’t express interest in the things you did like. It appears as if you are more invested into the things you don’t enjoy, which makes you come across as a troll; if you would have provided anything comical outside of far reaches for lackluster “jokes”, I might have called it a sense of humor.

You see, it's fine not to like my blogs, hate my blogs, print them out and spit on them, perfectly fine. And I don't agree with your comments on me being a "troll", I personally call it a sense of humor (something I feel the IWC does lack nowadays), I still considered it to be a valid critique. And you're point was pretty much made. When you decide to post this line, "
    I just find it sad that this is what some think to be a good usage of their time rather than actually improving in some form or facet of life," and there it is. There's the perception of being prickish snobs that follows around the IWC. Although quite frankly, the fact that you go around the internet yourself reading wrestling blogs and choosing whether to praise or denounce, shows me that if I need to go to someone to teach me how to improve my life, you're on the bottom of the list.

PS - Don't ever accuse me of participating in the Twitter crap that wrestling promotion like to take advantage of.

Want to hear something even more amusing? Just as you think the IWC lacks a sense of humor, I also think that the IWC lacks the ability to accept that because someone points out the flaws in their logic, while doing so in a way that isn’t saying “you’re shit sucks, bro”, doesn’t mean they are a “snob”.

While I don’t spend my time on a crusade to better all members of the IWC in general, I do take offense when people spread things that help to affirm the position that people inside the industry I love have for those like me in the IWC. So when I come across blogs that further this stereotype, I do take the time to comment on them.

To my final note, I bolded a part which is interesting; you considered a blog filled with ramblings about a show to be a “critique”, correct? What I don’t get is why so many associate this word with negativity alone. Yes, as a critic you can point out the flaws in something but most who actually “critique” ones work express ways of improving on said issue being critiqued; something I couldn’t find anywhere in your blog. Yes, you validly pointed out the things you found to be ridiculous, but by not expressing a counter option or a preferred opinion as to what you would have done, you come across as cynical, with a desperate “look at me” style flavor…

Can you now see how one would consider you to be a “troll” of the TNA fans or another WD who is just looking for people to jump on his bandwagon of negativity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

I’m curious; if you enjoy such debates over said topics, why would your choice be to “go against the grain” of something you enjoy? Do you prefer not to challenge yourself to be the spark of these conversations, opting to go in the direction away from intellectual debate?

I like to challenge myself...but it's just not what I prefer to present in this blog.

And for the record, I never said that that the blog was “brain dead dumb”, rather I was explaining to you that blogs such as these only further the stereotype that all internet fans are as such.

I think there's a stronger stereotype where internet fans, especially wrestling internet fans, can't take a joke and are too serious. That's the stereotype I feel is most prevalent.

The moments, in which you expressed enjoyment from the show, you brushed past (Joe/Hardy, Roode’s segment) and chose only to focus your rant around the negatives. It’s more obvious in that you took time to rant about the ONO advert rather than expressing your thoughts on the actually mixed tag match.
    You know, the theme of the blog is to make fun of the silly things, and here's the problem...if there's a good match or segment, it's hard to really pick on. Instead, I'll just usually acknowledge that what was presented was in fact good.
    You focused solely on trying to make a comical aspect out of what you didn’t like, yet didn’t express interest in the things you did like. It appears as if you are more invested into the things you don’t enjoy, which makes you come across as a troll; if you would have provided anything comical outside of far reaches for lackluster “jokes”, I might have called it a sense of humor.
    Even if my jokes were bad, I don't equate bad jokes to trolling personally, but what can I say if someone else does.

Want to hear something even more amusing? Just as you think the IWC lacks a sense of humor, I also think that the IWC lacks the ability to accept that because someone points out the flaws in their logic, while doing so in a way that isn’t saying “you’re shit sucks, bro”, doesn’t mean they are a “snob”.
    Yea...umm...okay. Not sure how that relates to this blog.

While I don’t spend my time on a crusade to better all members of the IWC in general, I do take offense when people spread things that help to affirm the position that people inside the industry I love have for those like me in the IWC. So when I come across blogs that further this stereotype, I do take the time to comment on them.
    If you're really trying to earn the respect of those in the industry, forget it. This is what matters to them $$$. They'll say they respect the fans...but they don't. If they did respect in listen to the IWC, you wouldn't be seeing so much of Cena or Hogan (although he has been absent the last two weeks), the virtual anti-christs of wrestling to a majority of the community. They don't wonder every week about how to show the fanbase respect, but rather how to make more money off said fanbase. Not that there's anything wrong with that, considering we're living in a capitalist society which I do believe in. And I really wouldn't worry about this blog affirming that position of us to the people inside the industry. Chances are they stopped reading my blog after the first entry.
    [/QUOTE]

To my final note, I bolded a part which is interesting; you considered a blog filled with ramblings about a show to be a “critique”, correct? What I don’t get is why so many associate this word with negativity alone. Yes, as a critic you can point out the flaws in something but most who actually “critique” ones work express ways of improving on said issue being critiqued; something I couldn’t find anywhere in your blog. Yes, you validly pointed out the things you found to be ridiculous, but by not expressing a counter option or a preferred opinion as to what you would have done, you come across as cynical, with a desperate “look at me” style flavor…

Can you now see how one would consider you to be a “troll” of the TNA fans or another WD who is just looking for people to jump on his bandwagon of negativity?

My blogs aren't all negative joke. Is it a majority? Yes. But I do give credit where credit is due, it may not be as noticeable between one blog and the next. Just depends on the mood I'm in after the show. And after reviewing my blog, if you thought the negative jokes were on the high side here, you clearly are a first (and from the sounds of it, last) reader of my blog, because I considered it on the light side myself. And I do offer differing opinions from time to time, but prefer to take the approach I've chosen. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think you need to take a good jab at the industry every now and then. If some people consider that trolling, well, their minds are made up.
    Updated 08-11-2013 at 01:56 AM by wil2197
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.