View RSS Feed

AssassinBlade

Loose Cannon: The Missing Link-Missing Chris Beniot

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Ladies and gentlemen; welcome to another edition of Loose Cannon. In the last edition of the show; a small conversation broke out between Skunk and many other EWN members who have read the last blog. I will take a look at those comments coming up but for now; I want to clarify with everyone once again that this blog is not to justified Chris Beniot actions the following days before the double murders of his wife and son; but to give my opinion on the whole subject. It was an interesting topic as I brought it back to fruition in this blog and hopefully everyone enjoys.

In the last blog entry; their was an outcry of different opinions by fellow fans about the topic of Chris Beniot. One reader who caught my eye particularly was Skunk. Skunk took this topic to the heart and I am completely astonished by the hatred he got over his comments. Most of the comments in the comments section below took a deep shot on the whole topic and it got into a huge comment massacre to say the least. It was an interesting development to say the least. I want to take a look at some comments posted on the comment section below and further interpret it. As many of you who know me as a blogger I am not a fan of videos and I do not want videos to dictate the course of my blogs as fellow blogger Kylos because for some reason that really grins my gears. For those of you who think that is a jab; you will get it later. While let's continue to the comments section and see some interesting comments.

Skunk: "Every time I watch a Benoit match I immediately forget about the murders. One of the all time greatest. Even Ozzy was allowed back to San Antonio after pissing on the Alamo."

This was an interesting way to interpret the way Chris Beniot made us the WWE Universe feel. Everytime I watch a Chris Beniot match or vignette; I
float back to 2004 when Chris Beniot won the WHC. It was an interesting time period and his matches were memorable. I will not make a comparison to Ozzy/Alamo because that is a bad comparison to Chris Beniot double murders. When I watch Chris Beniot matches. it gives anyone a dream that you are/can succeed in any obstacles that is standing in your way. I agree with Skunk that Chris Beniot is one of the greatest of all time and should be acknowledge for that.

Wade Barrett 1979: "Sorry child murderer says otherwise."

This was another interesting topic that I found while roaming through the depths of angry readers. In Barrett opinion; his 20 year career is overshadowed because of his murders and he should not be acknowledged. This is clearly his opinion and I have nothing to say but that.

These were all the comments below that I actually found intriguing to say the least. It is a world of hatred; division between the wrestling community because of one superstar Chris Beniot. We are either smart as*es if we do not knowledge the professional wrestler or we are psychopaths because we can still knowledge the superstar. I did not format this blog like this for nothing as I will give you my opinion on Chris Beniot.

June 24th 2007. It is a tough day in the wrestling community as we lost one of greatest professional wrestler, Chris Beniot. We get a nice little dedication video something Kylos would do to make his blogs move forward faster and then Vince M cancel Monday Night Raw to knowledge the life of Chris Beniot. As media learns further of the story; they portray Chris Beniot as a SOB who killed his wife and son; which indeed he did. This is the overnight period where wrestling fans finally eat their vitamins and say their prays.

June 25th 2007. If I am getting the dates incorrect; just comment in the blog section below. It's been hours since we heard the horrific news of Chris Beniot and signs of Chris Beniot being portrayed as the devil. His actions are sinister and he should not be acknowledge as a professional wrestler that is bulls*it. We get a Video package (Kylos like) and Vince M telling the WWE Universe that Chris Beniot never happened. OMG; time to go to the cassette store and tell the forty year old virgin to tape over my Beniot tapes because he will never be acknowledge as a professional wrestler. It is a sh*tload to preserve Chris Beniot as WWE believes he is not appropriate for television.

Those two dates above might of been two of the most crucial days in WWE illustrious broadcasting. It is amazing how quickly we can turn a world wide icon into a sinister SOB. Does this case remind you of anything else; Zimmerman case perhaps.

Missing Link: Those last few weeks of Chris Beniot life had to be horrible. The man had his manly hood fuc*ed up to entertain all of us. Chris Beniot as I said in my last blog entry was a short of hero to me as I was growing up. His matches were classic with the likes of Booker T, Dean Malkano, etc. Any wrestling fan had to be torn to pieces as Chris Beniot was shown as a villain but he was not in the psychopaths eyes if you disagreed that Chris Beniot was a not bad person. Chris Beniot was an ever growing talent in my opinion and there are a lot of what if's in mind if Beniot did exceed the age of 40. Would he turn heel, would he have a good rivalry with Punk, would he win the ECW Championship? After Chris Beniot died, I watched over Hard Knox and many of his memorable matches in JPW, WCW, and WWE. As Skunk said before, you completely forget about the murders when you pop in Backlash 2004 or Wrestlemania XX. It was amazing how Chris Beniot held the breaths of many with amazement as he leaped through the air. Why do I miss Chris Beniot? It is not the missing tooth, it's the missing truth. I am unable to find a reason of why I miss Chris Beniot as a whole. His matches were amazing but there is still a missing link as of writing that does not portrays why I miss Chris Beniot.

Curve Ball: When Chris Beniot died, there was a curveball that knocked me dizzy as a tombstone pile diver or legdrop. What is weird is that that curveball was something that I was unable to hit!

Submit "Loose Cannon: The Missing Link-Missing Chris Beniot" to Digg Submit "Loose Cannon: The Missing Link-Missing Chris Beniot" to del.icio.us Submit "Loose Cannon: The Missing Link-Missing Chris Beniot" to StumbleUpon Submit "Loose Cannon: The Missing Link-Missing Chris Beniot" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My comment was in reference to his statement made to another commenter, who said that Benoit should NOT be in the Hall of Fame:

Which led to his statement: 'Sorry but his 20 year career states otherwise,' lead into my statement, ' Sorry child murderer says otherwise.'

If you'd have asked me first rather than use my comment without clarification, you may have used this nugget of information more clearly.

Thusly I wasn't stating he should never be 'acknowledged,' I was just stating that he shouldn't be in the HOF. I personally find it impossible to see past what he did. That's my actual opinion

I would suggest actually talking to the commenters to get clarification before using previously posted comments then stating 'This is his opinion,' if you haven't obtained all the correct info. Talk to me chief I don't bite.

Hope that helps.
    Updated 08-07-2013 at 12:46 PM by Wade Barrett 1979
    What happened to Benoit with his brain deterioration was tragic but what he did to his wife and child (probably because of his messed up brain) is even more tragic. I'm sick of this topic popping up every few months because the same arguments come out from it.

Benoit was almost like a mental patient who didn't get help. Still, he drugged his wife and son with sedatives before he strangled or suffocated them whatever it was. That's showing clear premeditation and you can believe that if Benoit didn't hang himself that he would have gotten either a double life sentence or been given the death penalty for his crimes.

I think the people defending his legacy would look at the situation very differently if Benoit was rotting away in a jail cell today rather than having died. I don't know how you could look at the case and feel he's being wronged. Yeah his brain was like someone with dementia they said, but how many people with dementia/Alzheimer's do you know going around murdering people? It wasn't a random act of violence.

I also bet you would feel a lot differently if this happened to someone in your family. A 10 year old (or maybe younger?) was robbed of his entire future because of this. That whole wrestling career and life you talk about glorifying Benoit for, that kid never got a chance to have a career in anything and make his own legacy only because Chris Benoit murdered him. Yet you don't see blogs on this site talking about how that kid should be remembered. How fair is that?
    Assassin, I like these two Benoit blogs. (Just a note though, no offense, but you have yet to spell his name correctly once between the two blogs.) Also the quotes were both taken a little out of context. Wade constructively contributes to stuff here, while the other dude, if you look at his last few posts, it's nothing but him picking petty arguments and making dumb comments. Sorry other dude, I'm sure your a nice guy in real life.

It’s obvious that a lot of people have a misconception about the whole “WWE not mentioning Chris Benoit”. Vince and company were not sitting in their office saying “F--- Benoit, let’s never mention him again, we hate him!” It was simply business. Wrestlers and employees in WWE were friends with him and many people (Jericho, Helms, Chavo, etc.) still tell stories of him and keep him in their thoughts. WWE must feel bad about the situation, as they should, but they have to do what is morally right and what is smart business-wise. Any other sport would do this if a player or employee was proven to have committed murders. If we did a poll on this site or any other, I predict approx. 90% of votes say WWE should keep Benoit out of the picture completely.

He can’t get a “pass” for his brain damage in this situation as far as mentioning him in WWE goes, but I can give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t an evil monster and that he may not go to hell (since he wasn’t all there mentally). Aaron Hernandez is only awaiting trial and they have already stopped selling his jerseys and started removing awards and honors he had won. Once he is found guilty and the news of it dies down, they will stop mentioning him too like they have for so many other athletes that killed people.

His legacy lives, he still has 2 kids, hours and hours of footage floating around, a song named after him and a movie coming out. No one is forgetting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    My comment was in reference to his statement made to another commenter, who said that Benoit should NOT be in the Hall of Fame:

Which led to his statement: 'Sorry but his 20 year career states otherwise,' lead into my statement, ' Sorry child murderer says otherwise.'

If you'd have asked me first rather than use my comment without clarification, you may have used this nugget of information more clearly.

Thusly I wasn't stating he should never be 'acknowledged,' I was just stating that he shouldn't be in the HOF. I personally find it impossible to see past what he did. That's my actual opinion

I would suggest actually talking to the commenters to get clarification before using previously posted comments then stating 'This is his opinion,' if you haven't obtained all the correct info. Talk to me chief I don't bite.

Hope that helps.
    He got what i was saying. And i stand by the fact his final acts should be judged seperately from his career. The killings are horrible and tragic. But when i say they're irrelevant to his wrestling career, i mean just that. I dont mean they just don't matter. I just mean They're seperate from each other (though you can make the point that his wrestling career was responsible for the tragedy) but to me they should be judged seperately. I don't know how else to word it.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.