View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

WWE Raw 7-15-2013 Hits and Misses

Rate this Entry
*Note: Sorry I didn't do this blog last Monday but it was my birthday and my family took me out to eat so I didn't even get to watch Raw.

Overall Score: 9.5

Hits

Opening Segment: I actually liked the opening segment very much. It showed that the crowd was going to be hot tonight and ushered in the "Maddox Era" just fine. The real reason I liked this was because of Fandango. Unlike most other people, I have no problem with John Cena picking his own opponent because let's face it, he doesn't actually pick it he just announces it rather than the GM announcing it. So for Fandango to come down and say he Randy would be cashing the briefcase on on him showed that yeah, Cena could actually pick anybody to face at Summerslam. By the way John, you do wrestle one of The Bella Twins every night.

Fandango vs. Randy Orton: This was a very well paced match to start off Raw. Although Randy Orton won, Fandango looked very strong going toe-to-toe with him throughout the match. This makes me wonder since Fandango looked very strong against Orton, if he'll start getting pushed up sooner rather than later.

Mark Henry Segment: Another very good promo by Henry here. I liked that even though he's a heel he gave his respect to John Cena for beating him at Money in the Bank. I really liked that The Shield came out and attacked Mark Henry. After not being apart of six man tag matches in a while it showed their dominance again. It also sets up a Mark Henry face turn since he'll need something to do now.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio: These two always have good chemistry and put on good matches together. The ending of the match was very well done though. I like AJ coming out and costing Dolph the match, but I just hope they don't keep doing this and it gets repetitive. I also like the Big E. turn on Ziggler. It sets up Big E. vs. Ziggler at Summerslam nicely. If Ziggler's face turn was in question before it shouldn't be after Monday night.

Wyatt Family Segment: I only caught the last half of Bray's promo because once I saw R-Truth I went outside to smoke. So the half I saw was really really well done. It keeps the creepiness of the family going and the promo sets up another Summerslam match in Bray Wyatt vs. Kane.

CM Punk-Paul Heyman: The work on the mic these two delivered Monday night was just tremendous. Sure, there's a fine line between storyline and digging into one's personal life, but for this feud it works because that's where it's been headed. I never really realized this, but I love how they treat Heyman like Lesnar's handler. Now I know they've done this for years but I just truly saw it this week. The beat down on Punk was nicely done and I like that Punk kept getting back up. Showed that Lesnar will not be dominating Punk at Summerslam.

Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho:
So, once in a while there comes a Raw match where it feels like a PPV match. This was one of those matches. I mean sure, RVD looked a little clunky in his first one on one match in the WWE in six years, but with how long it went on, quality of it, and the crowd's involvement this match was PPV worthy. Also smart to let RVD go over since Y2J will be gone in a week or two.

Cena's Decision: Like I said before, I don't mind Cena picking his own opponent. That being said, I like that he used the WWE Universe to either cheer/boo his decision's. Picking Daniel Bryan though was one of the smartest things ever though. There's two things though. The McMahon storyline will get involved in this match with HHH and Stephanie being behind Bryan and Vince being behind Cena. I don't want that too happen. The other is that, if you don't know, Brie Bella dates Daniel Bryan and Nikki Bella dates John Cena and with Total Divas premiering next Sunday guess whose going to be thrust into the storyline?

Miss

The Real Americans vs. The Usos:
Eh, a filler match that went on for 4 minutes that I just didn't care about. I don't know what they will be doing with The Usos since MitB but maybe they're going to continue to build them up to take on The Shield again at Summerslam like I predict.

Damian Sandow vs. Christian: I could just give this a miss for it being short but I am giving it one because I don't agree with the outcome. No one thought Damian Sandow would win the MitB briefcase Sunday night. With that being said I think you need to let him win a whole bunch of matches to make it seem like he would be a credible World Champion. Having him lose his first since becoming Mr. MitB isn't right. I do like the pop Rhodes got for coming out and attacking him though.

Brie Bella vs. Naomi: With how depleted the Divas division is I think any match on Raw should be devoted to the Kaitlyn-AJ feud. I know this match was to promote Total Divas but I just could care less. Sorry.

Summary

Overall, a pretty solid show. I look forward to the Raw's after PPV's and the past 3/4 haven't disappointed. This Raw wasn't on the level of last months after Payback, but still better than the one after Extreme Rules and just behind the one after Wrestlemania. I think WWE has found out a way to do the three hour Raw's too. If you just have your main matches go for around 15 minutes each, have meaningful segments, and even your filler matches have a purpose then three hours is just fine by me. So for example look at my misses for this week. The tag match was to keep building momentum for The Usos since they're the only credible face team to face The Shield, Sandow-Christian was to start the Rhodes-Sandow feud, and the Divas match let the commentators hype and promote Total Divas. Well thank you guys for reading. I want to know what you guys thought about this weeks Raw so comment down below. See ya next week!

Submit "WWE Raw 7-15-2013 Hits and Misses" to Digg Submit "WWE Raw 7-15-2013 Hits and Misses" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Raw 7-15-2013 Hits and Misses" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Raw 7-15-2013 Hits and Misses" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How much less could you care?
    I hate it when people give the show a neg just because they did not like the outcome.

Fan:OMG this match is 5 stars best match of the year!

*Cena wins*

Fan: Fuck WWE that match sucked ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    I hate it when people give the show a neg just because they did not like the outcome.

Fan:OMG this match is 5 stars best match of the year!

*Cena wins*

Fan: Fuck WWE that match sucked ass.
    Dude, read the blog.
    He says he disliked the Sandow vs Christian match not only because Christian won but also because it was too short.
    WWE was right to have Sandow get pinned on Monday.

Think back to MITB. Cody was the show-stealer who was made to look strong by taking out the competition. Sandow was the dirty heel who added almost nothing to the match except for his last minute thwarting of Cody's seemingly inevitable win.

Now, they have to fight. Cody needs to look like the better wrestler in order for that feud to make sense. Because he cannot outwrestle Cody, Sandow will need to rely on his cunning trickery to keep his briefcase.
    I predicted Sandow would win! haha. Made sense since he had just finished a feud with an upper card guy (Sheamus).

Also, actually thought the divas match was pretty good.
    actually i feel the naomi match was a good way to showcase her skills which are better than half the male roster.
    Sandow isn't ready to become World Heavy Weight Champion. I believe his cash-in will happen late this year or after Wrestlemania next year. But most likely late this year with a short title reign. I also have a theory Orton will fail his cash-in and become a instant heel after he fails. Then, I believe, he will become WWE Champion a short time after his heel turn.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.