View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Matt Morgan: "Should Morgan be a world champion?"

Rate this Entry
All you hear about with Matt Morgan for years has been "potential". Potential to be a main event caliber guy. He has the look and size to pull it off. So why didn't he become what many thought he would? Politics? Lack of oppurtunities? Morgan returned to TNA after teasing that he may leave for WWE around October last year. I didn't believe him going back to WWE would help him get to the level he wanted to get to. So many guys in WWE already have been waiting their turn. You think they would let a guy in his mid-30s come in and use him to perfection? I laugh at him fooling me. I always go the route believe it when I see it anymore because you can never believe anything anymore. Whether it be every Rock return, Sting signing w/WWE, among others. The point of this is to give and hear opinions on Matt Morgan. Could TNA have built him up into a world champion or was it simply Morgan not being good enough? We all know he doesn't have that entertainment factor to him.

What do I believe?: I believe he was good enough to become a TNA world champion. I actually thought he would be next in line behind the face aka good guy who beat Bully Ray to win the world title. That is just my opinion anyway, but I do question the way they have used Morgan. Why wasn't he on TNA Slammiversary ppv? I mean, beating EY in 10 seconds would have been something. Why wasn't he put in the BFG series? It was probably because he asked for his release like a month ago. However, he was still being misused. Why did he come back and join forces with Joey Ryan? Of all people why him? If he wanted to make a statement, should have got involved in a higher profile match like Aces & 8s vs Sting & Bully Ray or the world title match. Instead of creating a ton of confusion, I'll just start from basically where we left off with Matt Morgan. How I would have booked Morgan to world title? Start off from his last high profile match losing to Sting in a #1 contenders match on Impact: (bolded names of guys who he'd fued and wrestle against up til he gets TNA world title at Genesis)

June: Morgan would cost Sting his world title match at Slammiversary 2013 making sure he wouldn't get another TNA world title match for the rest of his career. Why Morgan why? Isn't it obvious? It has always been about the world title to me. 1 of Hogans friends out of the world title picture is good for everybody including me. I'm winning the BFG series this year and no one will stop me from doing so. Hogan, I refuse to stop pushing your buttons til I get what I want, the TNA world title!! Hogan comes out and says his qualifying match for the BFG series is right now vs Joseph Park. He laughs it off as if it is a sure W. During the match, Sting costs Morgan the match. He lost to Joseph Park? That has got to be the worst loss of his career. Fans go nuts as Sting grins on the way to the back. Goes back and complains to Hogan, but Hogan says payback is a you know what. Morgan claims Sting will pay.

July: Following week face to face, Sting tells Morgan, you expected no retaliation? You thought I was going to let you get away with taking something from me for my whole career, the world title. I cost you the BFG series, now you are going to have to wait a lot longer for that world title shot. You think that is funny don't you Sting? Next week, this boot is kicking Sting's ass out of TNA! Sting thinks Morgan will have trouble after he breaks his back with the scorpion deathlock. Morgan wins, but still is not able to get Hogan to give him the TNA world title shot. He says the X-Division champion is next in line for that. Guess who is attacked backstage, the x-Division champion Chris Sabin. Before Morgan can finish the job, Kurt Angle attacks Morgan from behind with a chair. Tells Morgan, if you get involved in that world title match, I will break your ankle. To give you a preview, he slams the chair across Morgan's ankle. Now we understand each other? During the world title match, Morgan is at the top of the ramp walking slowly thanks to his ankle injury. Angle attacks from behind and puts him in the ankle lock. They have a match and Angle defeats him with the ankle lock.

August: Starts a feud with Chris Sabin afterwards, claiming he should have never been given a world title oppurtunity. He is too much of a small fry, Sabin/Morgan have their match. Sabin proved he is no small fry. Took Morgan to limits not even Morgan thought he could take him too, but of course Morgan wins. Following week is met up with no small fry, Rob Terry. Claims, Morgan needs to pick on someone his own size like him. Open Fight Night, Terry challenges Morgan. Morgan comes out, acts like is he serious? Couple of clotheslines, shoulder blocks, along with some muscle poses....Terry is not joking. This guy is for real, Morgan fakes ankle injury....as the ref goes to ring the bell distracts Terry and big boot to the face for the win. Hogan greets Morgan after the match telling him he is smart. However, next week he will be facing Terry inside a steel cage. Morgan wins after a helluva fight by Rob Terry. The reason for the Rob Terry matchup was to tease down the road when he does win the world title, they could have a match.

September: BFG series the following week crowns the winner I figure on Impact since they no longer have No Surrender to showcase the final 4 competing to win. AJ Styles wins, and is greeted with a big boot to the face . It should have been him according to Morgan. Hogan had it with Morgan, says you want that TNA world title shot so bad? How about you earn it at BFG vs me(Hogan). You beat me, you get your TNA world title shot any time any place you want. I beat you, you are FIRED!!

October: Hogan is of course defeated by Matt Morgan at TNA's biggest ppv of the year, BFG!! Can he compete or wrestle any more? I don't know, but I know there has been rumors he may face Bully Ray this year. Can he not take a big boot quick from Morgan? That is what I was thinking going in to make him really over. Where does he want the world title match? Next ppv, which is Genesis. Why not Impact next night or whatever, his first world title win should be on ppv. AJ is the world champion after defeating Bully Ray. I was thinking, Lockdown, but that is 6 months basically from that point. Wouldn't make a lot sense to wait, but I hate the fact it would be a short reign for AJ. Aces & 8s bullcrap likely will be over before Genesis hopefully. Morgan wins of course at Genesis. AJ gets his rematch and loses along with turning heel in the process.

There you have it!! That is how I would have booked Matt Morgan to win his first TNA world title. How would you have booked it? Do you see Morgan going to ROH or WWE? Coming back to TNA? Does he have the potential to be a world champion? Did TNA make a mistake? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up(subject to change):
My view: Raw 1000 Flashback
Booking Challenge: WCW One Night Stand

Top 10 shoulda wins: Summerslam
Superstar: Ryback

Submit "Superstar Matt Morgan: "Should Morgan be a world champion?"" to Digg Submit "Superstar Matt Morgan: "Should Morgan be a world champion?"" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Matt Morgan: "Should Morgan be a world champion?"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Matt Morgan: "Should Morgan be a world champion?"" to Google

Updated 07-17-2013 at 08:57 PM by TheGreatOne (blogs coming up)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Hey thegreatone I liked how you booked the start of his build interfering with Sting to cost him from ever getting a title shot again and then Sting retaliating. I would have added the detail that Bully Ray going into his match with Sting tells the other Aces and Eights that he can do it alone. They don't interfere but Morgan does and gives Sting the carbon footprint which he kicks out of. Bully still wins it the same way except he pulls the hammer from either Taz or from under the ring.

Also with Angle I would have added something related to the MEM. Angle getting revenge on Morgan for Sting or Magnus or Joe becoming involved to fight Morgan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Hey thegreatone I liked how you booked the start of his build interfering with Sting to cost him from ever getting a title shot again and then Sting retaliating. I would have added the detail that Bully Ray going into his match with Sting tells the other Aces and Eights that he can do it alone. They don't interfere but Morgan does and gives Sting the carbon footprint which he kicks out of. Bully still wins it the same way except he pulls the hammer from either Taz or from under the ring.

Also with Angle I would have added something related to the MEM. Angle getting revenge on Morgan for Sting or Magnus or Joe becoming involved to fight Morgan.
    I was wondering when booking this if it would have caused new MEM not to exist. They still could have, like you said he kicked out or something after the big boot. Thanks for the feedback and the comment.
    Despite me knocking on many of your blogs, this one in particular was a delight to read. Awesome booking, and well thought out. Mind you, I have asked myself numerous times why the E' would not make somebody like Morgan champ. Hell, I've asked myself dozens of times why TNA didn't capitalize on making it happen. Morgan screams all around talent.

I've never been a fan of big powerhouse styled wrestlers. Despite that, I believe Morgan was a total package ordeal. I hated the Slammiversary outcome (Sting/Bully). Your twist and involving M.M would have made for some quality matches/storytelling.

Good one Champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    Despite me knocking on many of your blogs, this one in particular was a delight to read. Awesome booking, and well thought out. Mind you, I have asked myself numerous times why the E' would not make somebody like Morgan champ. Hell, I've asked myself dozens of times why TNA didn't capitalize on making it happen. Morgan screams all around talent.

I've never been a fan of big powerhouse styled wrestlers. Despite that, I believe Morgan was a total package ordeal. I hated the Slammiversary outcome (Sting/Bully). Your twist and involving M.M would have made for some quality matches/storytelling.

Good one Champ.
    I believed TNA wouldn't screw this up 2nd go round with Morgan, but they must have. My thinking with Bully becoming champion as I said was for Morgan to be the next heel in line to win the world title aka after Bully loses to whomever at BFG. People talk about Bully vs Hogan, I wanted to see Hogan vs Morgan.

I appreciate the feedback. You are one of the readers I look forward to hearing from in the comment section below. It is much appreciated!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.