View RSS Feed

benfenton96

Wrestling's Fan Predictions- Money in the Bank 2013

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Hi there, with Money in the Bank coming up in just a few days, I'd thought I'd write a blog and state what my predictions are the upcoming event. The last time I written one of these blogs was for WrestleMania 29 back in April, and my predictions were all spot on apart from two.

This year I think that the Money in the Bank card has got some quality matches on there and looks like a very decent card as opposed to the previous years card's. I think that there will be some very interesting twists and turns at this PPV and some winners that may surprise a lot of people.

Pre-show- WWE Tag Team Championship- The Shield (Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) (c) vs. The Usos-

The WWE have tried to build the Usos up as a credible tag team again but in my eyes I still can't take the Usos seriously. They were really good back in 2010 when the WWE built them up but now I just don't see them getting any opportunity at winning the tag team titles. The Shield will pick up the win here and the Usos will fade back into obscurity.

My Prediction- The Shield retains the titles.

World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match- Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Fandango vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger-

This match has the ability to be one of the most brutal money in the bank ladder matches ever, just because of the type of superstars that are in it. I hope that the fans get into this match as I understand that everyone in this match is a heel, but still, that doesn't mean that the match will be boring by any means! I see this match kicking off the show and am picking Wade Barrett to finally walk away with the briefcase. I don't see the likes of Jack Swagger winning it as it's been shown that the audience doesn't really care for him as being World Champion. I don't see Cesaro winning the World title, nor do I see it being Fandando's time as of yet. Dean Ambrose has the Shield so I don't see him needing the briefcase and I think Rhodes will turn face soon and feud with Sandow and get back in the mid-card title hunt. Therefore Barrett is my final pick and I see him walking away with the World title shot. I thought Barrett would win the SmackDown Money in the Bank briefcase in 2011 but I was wrong, so let's see if this time I am right.

My Prediction- Wade Barrett wins the briefcase

Intercontinental Championship- Curtis Axel (c) w/Paul Heyman vs. The Miz-

I have loved Curtis Axel ever since he returned and was re-packaged as Curtis Axel. It's about time that the WWE recognized where he comes from and mentions that he is the son of legend Mr. Perfect and the grandson of Larry "The Axe" Hennig. This match will be of decent quality and should be a good 8-10 minute match. I see Paul Heyman doing something to distract The Miz which which allow Axel to capitalize with a roll-up and win the match.

My Prediction- Curtis Axel will retain the title with help from Paul Heyman. I then see Axel facing RVD at SummerSlam for the Intercontinental Championship where then RVD will win the title.

Divas Championship- A.J. (c) w/Big E Langston vs. Kaitlyn-

I very much enjoyed the first match these two had at Payback where A.J. made Kaitlyn tap out to win the belt. This feud to me has been okay and it's obvious that the WWE are going to try and re-build the Divas division. Hell, they even had a contract signing for this match on SmackDown! A.J. will retain her title here, maybe with some help from Big E Langston.

My Prediction- A.J. retains the title. I can see Layla costing Kaitlyn this match-up, setting up a heel turn for Layla and a future Triple Threat match for the title between A.J., Layla and Kaitlyn.

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback-

This match was pretty much set up out of nowhere with the two just having a little altercation with RAW's former Managing Supervisor Vickie Guerrero. Anyway, I don't see this match-up as being fantastic by any stretch of the imagination and has only really been booked to give both of these superstars something to do. Everyone is expecting Ryback to win this match but personally I think that the WWE will throw us a curve ball and let Jericho get the quick win with a roll-up or cradle of sorts.

My Prediction- Chris Jericho wins the match with a roll-up. As it seems Jericho is leaving soon to do his tour with Fozzy, I can see Ryback losing at Money in the Bank and then taking out his frustrations on Jericho the next night, allowing Jericho to leave while he does his tour, also resulting in Ryback looking like a monster once again and claiming that he was the one to take Chris Jericho out of the WWE.

World Heavyweight Championship- Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

This feud has definetely taken an interesting turn since the double turn back at WWE Payback. I was fully expecting Dolph Ziggler to retain his title and continue his reign as champion, but instead Del Rio won the title and turned back to being a heel. I see this match as being very fast paced and it being quite an entertaining the match. However, I don't see this one ending cleanly and unfortunately see it as Del Rio getting himself disqualified to retain the title. Also, I don't see Big E Langston interfering. Another possible scenario would be that A.J. comes down in the middle match as Dolph told her Monday on RAW that she is never there for his matches anymore and inadvertently costs her Ziggles the match. Either way, Del Rio leaves with the title.

My Prediction- Del Rio leaves MITB with the title whether it be retaining it by disqualification or getting a pin fall on Ziggler following some sort of distraction. I can see the WWE doing this match one more time but at SummerSlam and making it a Ladder match between the two where Ziggler would then finally claim his title back.

WWE Championship- John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry-

I wasn't expecting to see this match-up happening at all as I had Cena facing Daniel Bryan, but that will now more than likely happen at SummerSlam. Henry's 'retirement speech' a couple of weeks ago on RAW was brilliantly presented but I knew that it wasn't for real, simply for the fact that John Cena was watching in the background. I don't see this match being on the last as the All-Star's Money in the Bank match will have that spot. Expect an okay match between these two but nothing that grabs your attention. I fully expect to see Cena retain his title and face Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam.

My Prediction- Cena wins the match with an A.A. that will supposedly really shocks the announcers.

All-Star WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match-

This is the match that I have been looking forward to the most and it is indeed the most high profiled MITB match of all time. All of the men in this match are formers world champions and all are great performers which will make this match even more spectacular. I don't see Sheamus, CM Punk or Rob Van Dam winning this match. CM Punk will be feuding with Brock Lesnar and doesn't need the briefcase to get a title shot, he's already contender level anyway. I don't see Sheamus winning it neither the returning RVD, although he will make the match that much more entertaining. Now that Kane has been taken out of the match I wonder if WWE will replace him or just leave it and have it as 6-Man match. Christian to me seems like an odd person in this match even though he is a former champion, I thought that he would just be placed into the SmackDown match, but obviously not. I still don't see him winning this match though either. That leaves it down to Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan doesn't need to win this match in my eyes and I can see him winning some sort of Battle Royal on RAW to become the No. 1 Contender at SummerSlam. However, I see Randy Orton definitely having a shot at winning this as he hasn't really been in the main event for the past 2 years and with the briefcase in hand, it will really help him for when he finally turns heel and will catapult him back up to that main event spot.

My Prediction- Randy Orton grabs the red briefcase with Daniel Bryan being very close to grabbing it, only for Orton to take it away from him.

So there you have it, my predictions on who I think will win this Sunday. I think this PPV has the ability to be one hell of a PPV with some decent matches occurring and two awesome Money in the Bank Ladder matches.

Please leave your comments below as I'd love to hear what you guys think of these predictions. Any comments are welcome and I'd like to hear what you guys think will happen this Sunday at Money in the Bank too!

Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- Money in the Bank 2013" to Digg Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- Money in the Bank 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- Money in the Bank 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- Money in the Bank 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

All very real predictions and all will probably come true. Only difference I would have is AJ costing Dolph the match at MitB and letting Del Rio win with a roll up setting up Dolph's full fledged 100% face turn.
    Shield, Sandow, Axel, AJ, Ryback, Del Rio, Cena, RVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejorbit
    Shield, Sandow, Axel, AJ, Ryback, Del Rio, Cena, RVD.
    Just going to note that I went 7/8.
    Nicee, better than me haha

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.