View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Welcome to Double O! I am back with another opinion of mine. I will be sharing with you my Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams. This topic was requested. And just a reminder that I am currently taking requests off anyone who has a topic they would like me to talk about. But please, WWE, WCW, TNA or NXT only! I hope you all enjoy.

[B]#10 - Paul London and Brian Kendrick[/B]
These guys are on my list because not only did they co-exist better than most other tag teams, they entertained me and a lot of people who saw them wrestle. Their high flying abilities amazed viewers all across the world and their quickness made the pace of the match a bit difficult to keep up with. These guys held the WWE Tag Team Championship for just shy of 11 months, which to this day is still the longest WWE Tag Team title reign in history. They also won the World Tag Team titles once also, making them two time tag team champions while teaming up together. They were even named Tag Team of the Year in 2007.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

[B]
#09 - The World's Greatest Tag Team[/B]
A team consisting of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. These guys debuted in WWE in late-2002 as part of Kurt Angle's stable 'Team Angle'. Not even two months later, at the start of February 2003, the duo won the WWE Tag Team Championship from Los Guerreros (Eddie and Chavo). The duo eventually renamed their team 'The World's Greatest Tag Team' after disbanding from Angle and continued to have tag team success over the years. They split in 2004 when Benjamin was drafted to RAW, but reunited in 2006 when Haas was also drafted to the RAW brand. They continued to team until late-2007 when they disbanded again due to Benjamin joining ECW. Benjamin was then drafted back to SmackDown in the 2008 draft. In the 2009 draft, Haas was also drafted to SmackDown and reunited with Benjamin until mid-2009 when Benjamin was traded back to ECW. Both men were released in early-2010 within two months of each other but reunited a few months later when they joined Ring of Honor, where they won the Tag Team Championship there twice.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- ROH Tag Team Championship (2 times)

[B]#08 - The New Age Outlaws[/B]
One of the most popular duos in the late 1990's, Badass Billy Gunn and Road Dogg Jesse James were also apart of the second carnation of the stable D-X, but continued using the New Age Outlaws name during their tag team bouts. Together, these guys were funny but also competitive, which was proven when they won the World Tag Team Championships a total of five times.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (5 times)

[B]#07 - The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (1983-1999)[/B]
The Legion of Doom certainly brought a rush to wherever they went. This tag team is probably the greatest tag team in history. If not the best, certainly ONE OF the best. They captured tag team gold on nine different occasions while teaming up, including WCW's World Six Man Tag Team Championship on three of those occasions. Twice with Dusty Rhodes and once with Genichiro Tenryu.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- AWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- WCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship (3 times)
- IWGP Tag Team Championship (2 times)

[B]#06 - The Dudley Boyz[/B]
Even though they rank No. 6 on my Favourite Tag Teams, they would probably be the best tag team in history in my opinion. They were in ECW and then made their way over to WWE where most of their success happened, taking with them their extreme abilities, mostly with tables. These guys held the tag titles of every major wrestling corporation they have ever been in and so far, the only tag team to hold the WWE, TNA, ECW, WCW, NWA, IWGP Tag Team Championships. All up, these two have held tag team title gold an outstanding 23 times.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (8 times)
- WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- ECW World Tag Team Championship (8 times)
- TNA World Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- IWGP Tag Team Championship (2 times)

[B]#05 - The Hart Foundation[/B]
There have been multiple 'Hart Foundation' tag teams but for this, I am talking about the original pair of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart. Six years these guys were together. The Pink and Black Attack were no strangers to tag team gold, as they won the WWE's World Tag Team Championship on two occasions.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]

[B]#04 - The Brothers of Destruction[/B]
Probably the most monstrous tag team in WWE history. The Brothers of Destruction consisted of kayfabe brothers Kane and The Undertaker. These guys would be enemies, then partners, then enemies again and then partners again. They were always on and off as a tag team from the first day they banded together until now. They would absolutely dominate in the ring and even outside of it. Even though both Kane and Undertaker have won the tag titles multiple times with numerous partners, together they won the Tag Team Championship three times.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)

[B]#03 - Edge and Christian[/B]
E&C started out in WWE as apart of The Brood but later changed their ways and became villainous but funny and certainly 'awesome' partners, let alone bestfriends. They made the Tables, Ladders and Chairs match what it is today. The duo was funny outside of the ring and dangerous INSIDE. These antics allowed them to become 7 time World Tag Team Champions.
[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (7 times)

[B]#02 - The Hardy Boyz[/B]
Team Xtreme, The Hardys and The Hardy Brothers. At one time, they were Los Conquistadores. They basically brought the meaning of 'extreme' into WWE. They helped make the Ladder and TLC matches more famous with their quickness and high flying abilities. All up, it allowed them to become 7 time Tag Team Champions while in WWE.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (6 times)
- WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)

[B]#01 - D-Generation X (2006-2007, 2009-2010)[/B]
They had it all. Michaels had the agility and quickness. Triple H had the power and strength. Both men had endurance. They teamed well in every match. They were funny in their segments but kicked ass in the ring. Win or lose, these two put on a great match every single time. Even though they spent most of their time harassing Vince and Shane McMahon (but mostly Vince), they also found ways to torture other rivals such as Eric Bischoff, Jonathan Coachman, Edge, Randy Orton and The Spirit Squad. They disbanded due to Triple H's knee injury at the start of 2007 but reformed in mid-2009 and at the end of the year, finally captured the Tag Team Championship.

[I]Championship(s)[/I]
- World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

[B]I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THAT! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND ALSO FEEL FREE TO REQUEST YOUR IDEAS ON WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ME WRITE ABOUT! [U]WWE,[/U] [U]TNA,[/U] [U]WCW[/U] AND [U]NXT [/U]ONLY! THANK YOU![/B]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Top 10 Favourite Tag Teams" to Google

Tags: tag teams
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I know I already posted this here but I'll do it again since the comments were deleted. I think Demolition should be acknowledged on any list of the best/(even personal favorite) tag teams. They are the longest reigning champs ever and influenced many to follow. Awesome look and awesome music. Pioneers.

Still, you have a decent list, although I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you began watching wrestling in the 2000's (not that there's anything wrong with that ). That being said, you probably included LOD based on their history as a sign of respect even though you didn't grow up with them (in their prime), just thinking Demolition deserved the same respect.
    Updated 07-11-2013 at 06:09 AM by Kajmere
    Hardy Boyz were my favorite tag team all-time. Road Warriors close 2nd.
    Rated RKO? Team hell no? Beer money? Kaz and Daniels?
    My top 10 favorites were:
    10. Power and Glory...only b/c of their awesome finisher
    9. R+R Express
    8. Sting & Luger
    7. Rockers
    6. Steiners
    5. Road Warriors
    4. Hart Foundation
    3. Brothers of Destruction
    2. APA
    1. Hardys
    My top 10 heel teams I used to love to hate were:
    10. Doom
    9. Midnight Express
    8. Freebirds
    7. Nasty Boys
    6. Harlem Heat
    5. Outsiders
    4. Money Inc.
    3. Outlaws
    2. E+C
    1. Dudleys
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband
    Rated RKO? Team hell no? Beer money? Kaz and Daniels?
    Rated RKO and Team Hell No were way too short lived to be in the same breath as some of these other teams. However, Beer Money is probably my favorite tag team of the last 5 years, props for dropping their name.
    I would have included: APA, Eliminators, and possibly Beer Money and the Motor City Machine Guns

Plus, one criticism: Shawn Michaels and HHH were only an actual tag team during their final (and very brief) reunion as DX where they beat JeriShow for the titles. In the early DX days they were two individuals who paired up only occasionally.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.