View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Welcome to Double O! I am Ozfan and I am back with another opinion of mine. I hope you all enjoyed my post on what I would like to see in WWE 2K14 or perhaps the next WWE game after that. This time, I would like to share with you my predictions on what will happen at Money in the Bank in a week. These will include predicted winners and an outcome of the ending of the matches. I hope you all enjoy.

[U][B]PRE-SHOW MATCH[/B][/U]

[B]WWE Tag Team Championship
The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) (c) vs. The Usos[/B]

It is about time the Usos received a match for the Tag Titles. It is way overdue and they should receive more down the road. However, I do not think they will win the titles in this match. Just a quick tag team match that will probably only last about 5 minutes. For the finish, I think one of the Usos will attempt a Samoan Drop on Rollins, but they will turn around into a Spear from Reigns. The other Uso will take out Reigns, while Rollins grabs the first Uso and hits him with the Standing Shiranui for the win.

[B]Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns via pinfall[/B]

[U][B]EVENT[/B][/U]

[B]Money in the Bank Ladder match
World Heavyweight title contract
Wade Barrett vs. Fandango vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs.Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro[/B]

All the competitors in this match are heels. If any guys turn face during, after or just before the match, it would most likely be Barrett or Rhodes in my opinion. This match actually puzzles me on who the winner will be. I do not think Swagger will win, since he has already won before. I do not think Rhodes and Fandango are ready for this kind of thing. The Shield is dominant, and even though Ambrose is already U.S. Champion, the contract does not have to be cashed in for up to a year, and I have a gut feeling Ambrose won't hold onto the title for that long. So he would go in the 'maybe' pile. I also think Barrett would go in there as well. But for some reason, I think either Cesaro or Sandow will win it. Cesaro has aligned himself with Swagger and Zeb Colter but Sandow has been getting pushed lately. He has been going up against former champions such as Sheamus and Christian, with a pinfall win over the former. If I had to pick ONE guy to win, it would probably be Dean Ambrose, and if The Shield are still together by the time he loses the U.S. Title, I'm sure they would play a part in him cashing in the contract. For once, the champion would not need to be injured or majorly fatigued before the cash in commences. They could start out fresh, the Shield's music might hit, they could come out of nowhere, attack and lay out the champion and Ambrose could cash in then and there. It would be clever in a way.

As for the match outcome, I think that Reigns and Rollins will make an appearance. Four guys in the match (most likely Swagger, Cesaro, Barrett and Rhodes) will probably go out of the ring and fight them off, while two others (Sandow and Fandango) fight on top of a ladder. The sixth guy, Ambrose will come in out of nowhere, shove Sandow and Fandango off of the ladder, climb up and then get the briefcase while the others are out fighting. By the time the others realise Ambrose is about to win, they fail at attempting to stop him from taking down the briefcase.

[B]Winner and Mr. Money in the Bank: Dean Ambrose[/B]

[B]Intercontinental Championship
Curtis Axel (c) vs. The Miz[/B]

Axel's reign is only just beginning. Because he is now a 'Paul Heyman guy' and because he and his late and certainly great father Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig are the first father-son pair to win the Intercontinental Championship, I think his title reign will last at least until the end of the year, possibly just before.
I think Paul Heyman will get involved. Miz will have Axel in the Figure Four Leglock, but Heyman will come up with the title belt and distract the referee as Axel taps out. Miz breaks the hold and goes after Heyman. The referee holds him back as Heyman slides the title belt to Axel. Heyman distracts the referee briefly as Axel hits Miz with the belt, followed by a Fisherman Suplex (Perfect-plex) for the pin and the win.

[B]Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Curtis Axel via pinfall[/B]

[B]Chis Jericho vs. Ryback[/B]

Ryback has not had a PPV win, not only this year but since Money in the Bank 2012, which is one full year without PPV wins. This makes me wonder if this match with Jericho will break is PPV-losing streak, or if he will continue to sell this leg injury he has and have Jericho go over. If this is the case, this will probably result in Jericho receiving a bit of a push, which is what he needs in my opinion. But I do not think that Jericho will be getting pushed anytime soon, so my pick for this match is Ryback. Jericho will work over Ryback's knee/leg during the match and lock in the Walls of Jericho. Ryback will get to the ropes. As Jericho goes for the Codebreaker, Ryback catches him around the back of the knees and turns it into a Powerbomb. He then goes for the Meathook Clothesline but his leg gives out, allowing Jericho to his the Codebreaker for a close three count. He goes for the Walls of Jericho again but Ryback shoves Jericho into the referee, and while the ref is turned, he hits a low blow on Jericho, followed by Shellshocked. Ryback covers Jericho and gets the win.

[B]Winner: Ryback via pinfall[/B]

[B]Divas Championship
AJ Lee (c) vs. Kaitlyn[/B]

I actually think this feud will be somewhat like Trish Stratus vs. Lita of the modern era. AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler remind me a bit of Edge and Lita and Kaitlyn reminds me a bit of Trish Stratus. Same as Curtis Axel, AJ's title reign as Divas Champion is only just beginning. I do not think she will lose the title just yet. My opinion? She will hold the title for at least three months. As for the outcome. I think that Big E Langston will play a part in AJ's victory if he comes out with Kaitlyn. My bet, that Kaitlyn will measure AJ for the finish. Just as she is about to do that, Langston comes into the ring and tries to flirt with Kaitlyn as a distraction. Kaitlyn gets angry again, slaps Langston and then corners AJ and unloads on her with punches and kicks. The referee ends up counting to five and then disqualifies Kaitlyn, which angers her even more. Kaitlyn then picks AJ up and hits her with the Fireman's Carry Gutbuster, and then baseball slide kicks her out of the ring.

[B]Winner and STILL Divas Champion: AJ Lee via disqualification[/B]

[B]World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler[/B]

You know what? For this match, I'll just say it. I think Ziggler will regain the championship. I think his last World title reign was up far too quickly. Ziggler and AJ were the brand new power couple in WWE, but then Ziggler gets a concussion, comes back after a month, and loses the strap in his first title defence. I think that Del Rio's World Title win last month was just a way to get Ziggler as a face, and to turn Del Rio back into a heel in the best possible way. Because they have now switched roles, I think Ziggler will win the title back and have a proper reign.

As for the outcome, I think that after a Zig Zag, Del Rio will kick out of the pin attempt. Ziggler will go for the Fame-Asser but Del Rio will counter it into a Backstabber for a two count. He will go for the Cross Armbreaker but Ziggler shoves him into the corner. He goes for a Splash but Del Rio moves and capitalizes with a Running Enzuigiri. He brings Ziggler back up and locks in the Cross Armbreaker. Ziggler fights and then twists Del Rio's knee, shame to what he did the first time he beat him. Ziggler stalks Del Rio to his feet and goes for the Zig Zag again but Del Rio counters it and throws Ziggler forward. Ziggler lands on his feet. Both men go for a Superkick and connect to each other. Both men are down as the referee starts counting. Del Rio breaks the count as he gets to his feet. Ziggler is on his knees and Del Rio goes for another kick. Ziggler ducks the kick, hops up and hits the Zig Zag out of nowhere again! He covers Del Rio and gets the three count.

[B]Winner and NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler via pinfall[/B]

[B]Money in the Bank Ladder match
WWE Championship contract
Rob Van Dam vs. CM Punk vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Christian[/B]

This is the All-Stars Money in the Bank match which features the return of RVD! I personally cannot wait for this match. All the competitors have already made appearances in this match in the past. Sheamus, Orton and Christian are the only ones who have not won this match before. I think Christian has a good chance of winning the match but as for RVD, I think he is only in this match for appearances. I do not think he will win, not again. Because Christian is experienced in this match and is in need of a push in the World Title direction, I would like to see him win personally. I think he deserves it. But because they want Bryan to main event against Cena at SummerSlam for the WWE Title, Bryan will either win this match and give a heads up notice on when he will cash in OR he will lose this match and become No. 1 Contender. I really do not know who would be most likely to win this match. As I said, I would like to see Christian win but at the same time, Orton has not had a World Title shot in nearly a year, which makes me wonder, this victory would be good for him. I really don't know. I cannot see Punk winning it for a third time. So that leaves Sheamus and Kane. Kane has already won the title but Sheamus has never won. Even though Sheamus has never won, he would be best suited to go for the World Heavyweight Championship, so I do not think he will win either. For Kane, I would like to see him hold the WWE Title again, and I think that this would be the best way. Because he has already won Money in the Bank however, I think someone who has not won the match will win. So that means Christian, Orton or Sheamus will win. If I had to pick one guy out of those three, it would be Orton.

For the outcome, each man hits their finishers. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick to Orton, sending him out of the ring. RVD throws a chair at Sheamus and follows it up with the Vandaminator. He then hits the Five Star Frog Splash off a Ladder to Sheamus. RVD gets back up and turns around into a Spear from Christian. Christian sets up a Ladder and climbs up. Kane climbs up the other side and they trade fists. Kane grabs Christian by the throat and goes for a Chokeslam to the mat but Christian rakes Kane's eyes. Kane falls down but gets up quickly. Kane climbs up the same side as Christian. Christian hits a bunch of elbows to Kane but Kane ducks one and grabs Christian by the throat. He hits a Chokeslam to him, sending both men to the mat. Christian crashes hard and rolls to the outside. Daniel Bryan then climbs the top rope and hits a Flying Headbutt to Kane. Bryan climbs back up the ladder again but Punk comes in and follows him. They start to trade fists and Punk hits a roundhouse kick to Bryan, sending him falling face first into a ladder set up in the corner. Punk goes to grab the briefcase again but out of nowhere, Brock Lesnar comes into the ring! He shoves the ladder and Punk lands on the ring ropes. Lesnar picks him up and hits a massive F5, taking Punk out. Lesnar exits the ring and leaves through the crowd. Orton comes back in and sets the ladder back up again. RVD follows him up the ladder. Kane then comes back in and goes to climb the same side RVD is on. Van Dam kicks him in the back and shoves him off. Kane falls and hits the ropes and tumbles to the outside. Orton then grabs RVD and hits an RKO off the ladder! RVD is out of it as Orton regains his footing. He climbs back up to the top of the ladder and then unhooks the briefcase for the win.

[B]Winner and Mr. Money in the Bank: Randy Orton[/B]

[B]WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry
[/B]
Okay, this will most likely be the last match on the card. Mark Henry is finally receiving another push. Finally. I think that this match will be a good one. As for a winner, I do not think Henry will win the title. At least not yet. But don't get me wrong, Henry deserves another World Title run just as much as the next guy. I don't think Cena has held the title for long enough. Plus, WWE have multiple plans for Cena and the title. They want him to defend the gold against Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam, they want him to face Ryback once more and get a clean win and also, have a Triple Threat match with Henry and Ryback. So if that is the case. I think Cena will win this match, retain at SummerSlam, possibly have one more one-on-one match with Ryback and pin him clean, and then lose the title to Henry in a Triple Threat match also involving Ryback. But I think for now, he will retain.

As for the result, I think Henry will dominate a good majority of the match. Henry will go for the World's Strongest Slam but Cena will drop down behind him and unload on him with punches. He will hit a Bulldog and then a he will hit a Clothesline, which won't knock Henry down. He hits a second, which still does not knock Henry down. Cena goes for a third, ducks a short arm from Henry and then hits the Running Shoulder Block. He hits another one and then a Back Suplex. Cena does the 'You Can't See Me' taunt but Henry grabs him by the throat. He picks Cena up using two hands throws him back first into the turnbuckle. He goes for a Running Splash but Cena move out of the way. Henry turns around and Cena hits a Dropkick which knocks Henry down. Cena waits for Henry to come back to his feet and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Henry elbows him in the jaw. He picks Cena up for the World's Strongest Slam again but Cena lands on his feet and hits a DDT on Henry. Cena goes to Henry's legs and locks in the STF. Henry starts crawling to the ropes from the middle of the ring. Cena keeps it locked in as Henry tries to fight out of it. Henry finally makes it to the ropes. Cena looks disappointed. Cena comes back and walks into an elbow from Henry. Henry goes for a Powerbomb but Cena counters it into a falling Facebuster. Cena goes up to the top and hits the Diving Legdrop Bulldog on Henry. Cena runs the ropes and follows it up with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He covers Henry for a two count. Cena looks a bit frustrated again as he stalks Henry to his feet. He goes for the AA again and connects! Cena covers Henry but Henry kicks out. Cena looks on in disbelief as the fans pop. Cena goes for it again but Henry hammers him. He shoves Cena into the corner again, hits a Running Splash and then follows it up with a World's Strongest Slam out of nowhere! Henry takes about three seconds to get to the cover but finally does. He hooks Cena's leg but Cena kicks out just before the three. Henry looks pissed off. He goes for a Big Splash but Cena moves out of the way. Henry charges but Cena lowers the ropes and Henry goes over and tumbles to the outside. Cena goes out and takes apart the announcer table. He goes to lift Henry up for the AA but Henry blocks it and shoves Cena away. Cena runs at Henry but Henry catches him and hits a quick World's Strongest Slam on Cena onto the table but it doesn't break...Cena rolls off behind the table as the referee counts. Henry goes back in and then goes back out to break the count. Henry picks Cena up on his shoulder and goes to ram him into the ring post but Cena drops and shoves Henry into the post. Cena rolls back into the ring. Henry regains his balance and makes it into the ring at a count of nine. Cena is frustrated. He goes for a clothesline but Henry shoves him away and then rams Cena to the mat. Henry Irish whips Cena into the corner. He charges at him and goes for a splash but misses. Cena tosses Henry head first into the top of the ring post. Henry turns around and Cena hits another Attitude Adjustment out of nowhere! He covers Henry and gets the win!

[B]Winner and STILL WWE Champion: John Cena via pinfall

[/B][I]I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THAT! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND LEAVE YOUR OWN PREDICTIONS IN THE COMMENTS! ALSO, IF THERE IS A TOPIC THAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO TALK ABOUT SINCE I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE THEM TO ME OR TO COMMENT THEM. THANK YOU![/I]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions" to Google

Comments

This post reminded me of how good of a goddamn card we got. It's damn near Summerslam but with less hype (a good thing). I'm gonna order it if I can get one or two friends to watch. I agree with most of your results. My RAW briefcase match winner keeps changing, but currently thinking Orton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    My RAW briefcase match winner keeps changing, but currently thinking Orton.
    Same here. I can't see Punk winning for a third time. I think it would wasteful to see Bryan win because they already want him against Cena for the title at SummerSlam, so to cash in a month after winning it and to give heads up notice as well would be stupid when they can give it to someone who will hold onto it for a little bit longer. The only reason Cena did that after he won was because they needed someone to fail at cashing in. That's the only reason. Sheamus isn't really 'there' at the moment, Kane and Bryan have already won once. Van Dam has already won it, plus he is really only on a Legends contract like Lesnar and Rock so I can't see him winning it since his participation in the match is really only for appearances. Only difference is he is sticking around after that. It would not hurt Van Dam mentally if he lost. Orton has never won it so he would be front runner. He needs this win since he has not won anything major since SummerSlam 2012 when he regained the World Title. Plus, it would be good to see him re-ignite his feud with John Cena or possibly continue his short feud with Daniel Bryan if Bryan goes over Cena at SummerSlam, if the match happens that is. Long story short, ORTON FTW!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.