View RSS Feed

kakarot786

Should William Regal have been the first British World Heavyweight/ WWE champion?

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, everyone just seems to be posting their wrestlemania xxx cards so I thought I'd make a slightly different post.

In my eyes William Regal is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time. He is a great technician and knows a number of moves. Here is a link just for his top 100 including multiple variations of suplexes, tombstone piledriver and multiple submission moves. Perhaps one of the best heels ever, able to cut great proms and highly respected by everyone from Daniel Bryan to Cm Punk. He is the British version of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Its hard to believe either of them were not a world champion at least once. Most likely due to the drug and alcoholic pasts.

I admire Regal for all he has done from putting over new talent and now mentoring them and giving back. Undoubtedly Barrett will be the first British World Champ but I think that honor should've gone to Regal. No offence to Barrett, I like him and he is highly talented but when you think that when the wwe had a guy like Regal at their demise I think they missed a great opportunity to make him champ and have some great feuds with baby faces. Also he has amazing execution to rival the likes of the harts and is some how able to make every move look vicious and devastatingly painful for his opponent. Ok maybe not wwe champ but definitely whc. It would've only need to be for a couple of months at most. Really he would've made a perfect heel champion.

Maybe i'm just going off on a tangent here but what do you guys think? Could wwe still give him a transitional reign? and who should he (have) feuded with over the title?

My pick whc, feud with christian, orton, edge, jericho, angle... pretty much any half decent wrestler and they could have a great match.

Hope you enjoyed the read. Please post your feedback.

Submit "Should William Regal have been the first British World Heavyweight/ WWE champion?" to Digg Submit "Should William Regal have been the first British World Heavyweight/ WWE champion?" to del.icio.us Submit "Should William Regal have been the first British World Heavyweight/ WWE champion?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Should William Regal have been the first British World Heavyweight/ WWE champion?" to Google

Updated 07-05-2013 at 09:07 AM by kakarot786

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

It's kinda like why Charles Barkley and Karl Malone never won a ring, they spent their whole careers playing against the best in the world and just slipped through the cracks. It happens, and no he shouldn't get a world title at this stage in the game.
    Updated 07-06-2013 at 09:18 PM by Kajmere

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.