View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013

Rate this Entry
Booking Challenge has returned and the topic is: Summerslam 2013! The biggest ppv of the Summer and WWE's 2nd biggest ppv according to WWE. We all know some of the rumored matches, but the point of the booking challenge is simple. The critics out there who are upset with the product like they constantly are will take this challenge and leave their Summerslam 2013 card. Now, I'm booking my card based on if I was given the keys to the car. I have posted my card in the comment section while others posted theirs earlier. I tried to stick with everything I had previously sticking with about 7 matches which is what has been common in recent years at the event.

pre-show: Battle Royal for #1 contender's match for the US title on Raw or next ppv-Likes of Big Show, Barrett, Christian, among others should make this a great battle royal to see. I decided it was best to have Ambrose included in the Taker/Kane match because he has been the one really mocking the deadman over the last few months. It probably will be Christian vs Ambrose at the ppv, but this is how I'd book Summerslam 2013.

RVD vs Ryback-Ryback costs RVD the WWE title MITB ladder match. Everyone in Philly were on their feet thinking the whole fn show would leave with the prize, but Ryback was hungry. Boos across the arena as Ryback pushes the ladder over and attacks RVD. Explaination certainly isn't the outfit. RVD stole his spot in that match. RVD just came back thinking he is going to take Ryback's spot. It should have been him in the WWE title MITB ladder match. Not RVD!! Chuckles whole fn show.....the whole fn show is going to be canceled at Summerslam.

Sheamus vs Orton-Orton wins and looks to challenge Cena for the WWE or world title down the line. Turns on Sheamus at some point possibly at MITB. The idea of why, my best guess is Orton believes he has been patient waiting for his oppurtunity too long. It is time for Orton to get back on top back to winning world titles. He admits he watched Sheamus's run claiming he wasn't a great world champion because he was never given a 1 on 1 world title match during his world title run which begins the feud of course.

Divas title: AJ (C) vs Natalya-Hart history at the event isn't mentioned enough. Perfect opponent for AJ at Summerslam is Natalya without question. Natalya plans on leaving her mark at the same place her family has in the past by winning the Divas title at Summerslam from AJ. Natalya has the sharpshooter locked in and Big E pulls AJ out of it as the ref calls for a DQ or AJ simply gets counted out as fans boo.

Henry vs HHH-To keep the momentum of the retirement promo going, I suggest Henry start a feud with HHH. The head man right now taking it personally for the way he tricked the WWE universe. Talks about all the great sendoffs on Raw which include Flair and HBK is a slap in the face to their retirements. Henry wins here obviously and proclaims that he will be the one who will be announcing HHH's retirement on Raw the night after Summerslam.

Tag titles: Shield (C) vs Taker/Kane-3 on 2 tag match for the tag belts. I was thinking about doing it for both belts or do what Demolition did back in the day choosing between the 3 to compete. I think it is best to make it 3 on 2 just for the tag belts. Especially since the issue is with all 3 members of the Shield. Not just the two and Ambrose has been the one mocking Taker. Just makes the most sense here. Obviously, Shield wins this match.

World title: Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Daniel Bryan-I know many will be upset with how I booked the world title match not including Del Rio or including Bryan in the WWE title match. This is just the way I'd book Summerslam though. I don't figure it will end up this way....figure we will get that triple threat ladder match including Swagger with Del Rio and Ziggler. Should be a good match which would end in some stupid DQ or countout to continue it to the next ppv.

WWE title: John Cena (C) vs Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk vs Axel-rather have Punk/Lesnar at WM. So how to set this up? WWEs worst nightmare will come true at Summerslam when Brock Lesnar wins the WWE title. Punk however believes he deserves a shot more so than Lesnar because he is the best in the world. Heyman asks Cena to accept a challenge vs all of Paul Heyman's clients to prove he is truly a fighting champion. There is no way Cena is walking out with the WWE title facing all my clients in one match. WWE's worst nightmare will come when one of his clients walk out WWE champion!! Cena does win obviously pinning Axel.

WWE title: John Cena(C) vs Daniel Bryan-John Cena has overcome the odds again, but wait....Daniel Bryan's music hits and fans are chanting YES! YES! YES! as Daniel Bryan makes his way to the ring to challenge for the WWE title after winning MITB last month. Instead of the ending we all thought we would have, we have a Daniel Bryan cash in. John Cena is standing up holding the WWE title. Finish, John Cena attempts to hit the Attitude Adjustment, but Daniel Bryan counters into the no-lock. Result: Daniel Bryan won the WWE title from John Cena!!

There you have it!! That is how I'd book Summerslam 2013!! Like the card? Are you up to the challenge? How would you book Summerslam 2013? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!

Blogs coming up(subject to change):

Top 10 moments: RVD's career!
Superstar: RVD
My view: WWE vs TNA
Booking Challenge: WCW One Night Stand

Submit "Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013" to Digg Submit "Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013" to Google

Updated 07-04-2013 at 08:57 PM by TheGreatOne (blogs coming up)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Henry vs HHH ? Really
    Daniel Bryan, WHC match ? Really
    Punk & Lesnar, in a WWE Championship match ? Really

No Miz, no Barrett, no Axel, no Swagger, no Cesaro, no Del Rio....... Really ?

This card is much more a Fantasy card than one that can really happen. No ?
    Personally, I thought a lot of the card was realistic. HHH vs Henry was really just a random guess, but I'm always interested in a vet vs vet match. IMO Axel should not main event, especially with Brock. I love me some Paul Heyman but that may prove to be overkill. Obviously, MITB results can alter this card.

Perhaps down the line we'll see Brock/axel vs punk/RVD after RVD refuses the services of Heyman. Survivor series maybe.
    Updated 07-05-2013 at 09:19 AM by Kajmere
    Divas - Aj (c) vs Natalya
    Henry vs Big E Langston
    IC - Curtis Axel (c) w Paul Heyman vs Rey Mysterio/ Tyson Kidd (if either back in time)
    US - Dean Ambrose (c) vs Bray Wyatt vs Christian
    RVD vs Ryback
    Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes (whc mitb winner)
    Orton vs Sheamus
    WHC Ladder Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio (c)
    WWE - Daniel Bryan (c) vs John Cena
    CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar w Paul Heyman (Chicago street fight)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    Personally, I thought a lot of the card was realistic. HHH vs Henry was really just a random guess, but I'm always interested in a vet vs vet match. IMO Axel should not main event, especially with Brock. I love me some Paul Heyman but that may prove to be overkill. Obviously, MITB results can alter this card.

Perhaps down the line we'll see Brock/axel vs punk/RVD after RVD refuses the services of Heyman. Survivor series maybe.
    I hear ya, but losing in the main event shouldn't hurt him. It isn't about Brock vs Axel. It is about Brock vs Punk while Axel tries to make peace throughout the match. Basically Punk/Cena work as the faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by kakarot786
    Divas - Aj (c) vs Natalya
    Henry vs Big E Langston
    IC - Curtis Axel (c) w Paul Heyman vs Rey Mysterio/ Tyson Kidd (if either back in time)
    US - Dean Ambrose (c) vs Bray Wyatt vs Christian
    RVD vs Ryback
    Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes (whc mitb winner)
    Orton vs Sheamus
    WHC Ladder Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio (c)
    WWE - Daniel Bryan (c) vs John Cena
    CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar w Paul Heyman (Chicago street fight)
    they won't have that many matches o. They'll have around 6-8 matches. I don't want to see Dolph vs Del Rio again at Summerslam.

Summerslam is in LA. How in the world can it be a chicago street fight? Why would the first match they have be a street fight?

I don't see either Sandow or Rhodes making the card even though I'd like them to. I don't see Rhodes winning that MITB either. I think Swagger will.

I like the card, I just don't see some of the matches happening. Henry vs Big E(who's the face)?
    First off its the second biggest ppv of the year so expect 8-10 matches. I don't want to see this either but this is how I expect wwe will end the feud and have dolph win back as whc, maybe even include swagger(like original extreme rules plan)

Yeah I know, sorry I just got caught up thinking of extreme rules last year with jericho. Just meant street fight. First off I see them facing off a couple of times at least and I don't think Brock has had a normal singles match in this run and they are more brawlers than anything do makes sense.

Swagger already won it at wm 26 at that was kind of waste. I see Rhodes winning and sandow getting frustrated and jealous so he attacks Cody turning Rhodes face and they start a feud at ss.

its interesting cos it could work both ways. If big e is sticking with Ziggler then he's or becomes a face in the feud or he could attack Henry after his match with cena making Henry face. Depends who picks the fight.
    John Cena has overcome the odds again, but wait....Daniel Bryan's music hits and fans are chanting YES! YES! YES! as Daniel Bryan makes his way to the ring....

"BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON!?"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.