View RSS Feed

ejorbit

Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013

Rate this Entry
Entry 3.

Note: This isn't a predictions blog or me playing internet booker. It's just me trying to make sense of the direction WWE is taking. If anyone would like my opinions on the match outcomes for MitB, I'll list them in the comment section.

So yeah, what the hell is happening?

I'll be the first to admit that when WWE announced the line-ups for the MitB ladder matches, I thought for sure it wouldn't stick. An all face match and an all heel match? That can't be right.... Can it?

But sure enough, this past monday on Raw, six of the seven WWE title participants (no RVD) stood face to face in the ring and delivered a segment that was both predictable and unreassuring. Nothing but bickering and muddled threats. Daniel Bryan (face) continues to mock Randy Orton (face) and Kane (face) and yet go for the cheap face pops. Kane and Orton, for the most part, just kinda sit back and take it. It's some sort of strange upper mid-card bully angle.

Let's look at the rest of the (let's just call them Raw) participants:

1) Sheamus has been feuding with the Rhode Scholars and yet isn't taking part in their MitB match.

2) Christian has been feuding with the Shield but isn't going to be in a match with Dean Ambrose.

3) CM Punk.... Didn't he just get back? I love Punk but why is he in this match? (Answer: to take an F5 off the ladder from Brock Lesnar). And I don't think I would ever imagine myself saying this but doesn't it make more sense to have Ryback in there? I mean he was just feuding with Cena for the title. I know you want to give him an actual PPV win and a match with Jericho will do that but it just seems out of place.
OR, if you're determined to keep Punk in the match, wouldn't it make sense to have Curtis Axel in there as well since Axel is only half heartedly feuding with the Miz? You have the US champ in a MitB match, why not the IC champ? Why not take Fandango out of the match and have him fight the Miz for a chance to become #1 contender for the IC belt? You know, cause Fandango was supposed to get a shot at the IC belt before suffering his concussion and being replaced by Curtis Axel.

Who am I exactly supposed to root for? I know the match darling (besides RVD) is supposed to be Daniel Bryan but the WWE isn't giving the fans too many reasons to get behind him as of late. And this is coming from someone who thinks the WWE has handled Bryan near perfectly since bringing him up.

And now the all heel match. Ugggg. Again, I get that there are a few internet darlings in the match (Cesaro, Ambrose, Barrett), but who are the causal fans supposed to root for? There was a Cesaro vs Rhodes match on Raw where there were a total of FIVE heels at ringside for the match. That match got approximately zero heat.

There's still time to reshuffle and let's hope WWE sees the error of their ways.

Thank you for Reading. Feel free to leave praise, constructive feedback, or troll. If you're going to troll though, please have some style.

Song of the Day: The Full Retard by El-P

Wrestling Move of the Day:
Half Crab

Cheers.

Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to Digg Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to Google

Updated 07-03-2013 at 07:27 PM by ejorbit

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it's quite interesting, and I also see a potential turn happening in each match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Danger
    I disagree. I'm completely fascinated by the face and heel mitb matches. It's different and it opens the door to multiple scenarios. Predicting the WHC MITB match is a throw of the dice - all seven guys make for an interesting winner.
    To each his own. I feel like doing it this way is a detriment to both matches. The heel ladder match has no heat and the face ladder match has the majority of your top guys coming across at petty/catty.
    I am a fan of the all face match. I also like that it consists of all former WHC or WWE champions. Also, anybody could win that match so I love the unpredictable factor. I look it this match similar to the RR. I am not rooting for one specific guy to win, I am just rooting for a solid match and for the winner to be one of the guys I like.
    On the other hand, I am not a fan of the all heel MITB match. The live audience will not be able to get behind any of the wrestlers and that will kill the momentum of the match. There really needs to be 3 or 4 faces in this match. Since there is not, I don't see how this gets over with the crowd.
    I enjoyed the blog nice job i do agree that it feels kinda out of place but maybe there will be a curve ball in there somewhere as for the crowd i believe that it will be hard for them to get behind the match just from watching the raw segment people did not seem that into it especially that all the participants (sans rvd) had a match after that too much exposure for one show imo i understand that they need to build the match but i think it could have been done differently
    Quote Originally Posted by BECCA_IS_AWESOME
    I enjoyed the blog nice job i do agree that it feels kinda out of place but maybe there will be a curve ball in there somewhere as for the crowd i believe that it will be hard for them to get behind the match just from watching the raw segment people did not seem that into it especially that all the participants (sans rvd) had a match after that too much exposure for one show imo i understand that they need to build the match but i think it could have been done differently
    Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.