View RSS Feed

ejorbit

Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013

Rate this Entry
Entry 3.

Note: This isn't a predictions blog or me playing internet booker. It's just me trying to make sense of the direction WWE is taking. If anyone would like my opinions on the match outcomes for MitB, I'll list them in the comment section.

So yeah, what the hell is happening?

I'll be the first to admit that when WWE announced the line-ups for the MitB ladder matches, I thought for sure it wouldn't stick. An all face match and an all heel match? That can't be right.... Can it?

But sure enough, this past monday on Raw, six of the seven WWE title participants (no RVD) stood face to face in the ring and delivered a segment that was both predictable and unreassuring. Nothing but bickering and muddled threats. Daniel Bryan (face) continues to mock Randy Orton (face) and Kane (face) and yet go for the cheap face pops. Kane and Orton, for the most part, just kinda sit back and take it. It's some sort of strange upper mid-card bully angle.

Let's look at the rest of the (let's just call them Raw) participants:

1) Sheamus has been feuding with the Rhode Scholars and yet isn't taking part in their MitB match.

2) Christian has been feuding with the Shield but isn't going to be in a match with Dean Ambrose.

3) CM Punk.... Didn't he just get back? I love Punk but why is he in this match? (Answer: to take an F5 off the ladder from Brock Lesnar). And I don't think I would ever imagine myself saying this but doesn't it make more sense to have Ryback in there? I mean he was just feuding with Cena for the title. I know you want to give him an actual PPV win and a match with Jericho will do that but it just seems out of place.
OR, if you're determined to keep Punk in the match, wouldn't it make sense to have Curtis Axel in there as well since Axel is only half heartedly feuding with the Miz? You have the US champ in a MitB match, why not the IC champ? Why not take Fandango out of the match and have him fight the Miz for a chance to become #1 contender for the IC belt? You know, cause Fandango was supposed to get a shot at the IC belt before suffering his concussion and being replaced by Curtis Axel.

Who am I exactly supposed to root for? I know the match darling (besides RVD) is supposed to be Daniel Bryan but the WWE isn't giving the fans too many reasons to get behind him as of late. And this is coming from someone who thinks the WWE has handled Bryan near perfectly since bringing him up.

And now the all heel match. Ugggg. Again, I get that there are a few internet darlings in the match (Cesaro, Ambrose, Barrett), but who are the causal fans supposed to root for? There was a Cesaro vs Rhodes match on Raw where there were a total of FIVE heels at ringside for the match. That match got approximately zero heat.

There's still time to reshuffle and let's hope WWE sees the error of their ways.

Thank you for Reading. Feel free to leave praise, constructive feedback, or troll. If you're going to troll though, please have some style.

Song of the Day: The Full Retard by El-P

Wrestling Move of the Day:
Half Crab

Cheers.

Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to Digg Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Heel to Heel, Face to Face: MitB 2013" to Google

Updated 07-03-2013 at 07:27 PM by ejorbit

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Christian and RVD also just came back. Punk is in it because he beat Y2J on PPV? Punk has earned it more then them 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    Christian and RVD also just came back. Punk is in it because he beat Y2J on PPV? Punk has earned it more then them 2.
    I'm okay with RVD since (kayfabe) Vickie put him in the match to be splashy (pun intended).

Christian, along with feuding with Ambrose, should be going after the world title since that ties into his "one more match" gimmick from like 2 years ago.
    I don't like all heel/face sorta thing with MITB this year. Fans arn't going to cheer for any of the guys to win the match. they won't be booing when their guy almost wins. I understand criticism there.

What do you want them to do with Punk? It is an easy transition. What? Certainly not going to put him in a world or WWE title match. Start a feud with Lesnar, you want him to start one with someone else so we'll forget?
    I guess I also don't like how the #2 star in the company is just an afterthought addition to a gimmick match. I get the purpose but I feel there could have been a better way to go about it then what they're doing.
    Updated 07-03-2013 at 09:24 PM by ejorbit
    Very interesting breakdown. If I had to take an educated guess, I would think there will be some heel turns in the WWE Title MITB, and some face turns in the WHC MITB. Perhaps the creation of some feuds like Kane and DB, Orton and Sheamus, etc. Also, the breaking up of Rhode Scholars making Rhodes the face. There are some possibilities where this is concerned. I predict RVD will win the MITB. RVD vs Cena at SummerSlam. The WHC MITB I could really care less about, but I predict Swagger wins and gets himself back into that title scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Very interesting breakdown. If I had to take an educated guess, I would think there will be some heel turns in the WWE Title MITB, and some face turns in the WHC MITB. Perhaps the creation of some feuds like Kane and DB, Orton and Sheamus, etc. Also, the breaking up of Rhode Scholars making Rhodes the face. There are some possibilities where this is concerned. I predict RVD will win the MITB. RVD vs Cena at SummerSlam. The WHC MITB I could really care less about, but I predict Swagger wins and gets himself back into that title scene.
    Thanks for reading. I wasn't originally planning on writing a blog about current story lines but everything just feels so out of sorts for the MitB ladders matches I felt it was a good topic to cover.

I do think RVD is a good guess to win it but I'm not sure that'll be the main event we'll see at summerslam. I wouldn't write off Cena/DB or a Cena/Henry rematch with a stip. WHC briefcase I imagine will go to Sandow due to his "testing the waters" feud with Sheamus.
    I disagree. I'm completely fascinated by the face and heel mitb matches. It's different and it opens the door to multiple scenarios. Predicting the WHC MITB match is a throw of the dice - all seven guys make for an interesting winner.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.