View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Sudden Impact: Destination X: Best Episode of Wrestling This Year?

Rate this Entry
Hey fans. Savior here with another edtion of Sudden Impact. I know the title of this blog is a bit of a stretch. I don't think I can say it's the best of the year. It was damn close though. TNA did not disappoint in Louisville Kentucky tonight. Will it lead to a bump in ratings? Probably not as I don't think anything on Spike TV is pulling anything in terms of viewership. But one thing I do know is, I've been waiting anxiously for this week's episode ever since two weeks ago when Sabin pinned A Double. It's been a very long time since I've been able to say that about a wrestling show.

So let's get to it, shall we?

I'm going to do this report slightly different than my usual format, as I'll be bunching all of the X Division Qualifiers together in one section.

X Division Qualifiers

We had 3 Triple Threat matches to determine the Ultimate X Match next week for the title. They were all good matches in my opinion, and every winner was a surprise to me. In the first match, I full expected Petey Williams to win that match, but Sonjay Dutt pulled it off with a crazy backflip double stomp onto Homicide. This match had nice spots and the pace was great.

The second match also surprised me. I was fully prepared for Chavo to start taking over the X Division. I also thought Kenny King had a very good shot at getting his spot back. But I was completely shocked to see Suicide (no, I won't call him Manik) get the win.

In the third match, we saw all future potential, highlighted by none other, than Trent Baretta. I will call him Trent as I cannot spell his last name yet. This match was okay. I found Rockstar Spud to be very annoying, and Rubix is a decent performer for what little I've seen of him last year and this year, but he seemed a bit slow in pace. The highlight of the match being Trent's flying over the ropes. He got major air on that spot. I was happy to see him win, and happy to see him perform well and not just get squashed like he did in WWE.

Next week, it's Ultimate X with Trent Baretta vs Suicide vs Sonjay Dutt. It should be an awesome match and I fully expect TNA's newest signing in Trent to win the X Division Title. Hmmmm. Didn't I read several blogs a while back where people were saying who would fit well in TNA. The ultimate consensus was that Trent would be great for the X Division. We shall see.

Austin Aries vs Bobby Roode

Well, I guess it's safe to say that Roode will be on a losing streak type of angle and start getting frustrated. I was happy to see another very good match with these two. They are clearly the best in the company right now and while AJ or Magnus will most likely win the BFG Series, I do expect both of them back in the title scene shortly after. There were plenty of counters in this very technically sound match. A Double did get the Brainbuster for the win. After the match, Roode destroys a laptop in disgust. I feel bad as he deserves so much better.

Gail Kim/Mickey James Promo

There is not much to say about this except, I can't wait until next week when they put on another potential match of the year performance. These two are the absolute best women wrestlers in the industry and I love their matches. I hope next week delivers. It'll be tough with two heels though. However, Gail has had the crowd chanting "This is Awesome" with her matches with Taryn Terell and I hope that continues.

Main Event Mafia & Aces & Eights

You can already see how much weaker A&E looks without DOC. Getting it handed to them by MEM didn't help their cause either. I wonder if it'll be disbanding soon. What will the rest of the guys do? What, honestly, would Knux do? How about Garrett and Wes Briscoe? I've been saying forever that they need to do more. They seem outmatched now against MEM so, unless there's a surprise down the road to spark more intrigue into the angle, I see A&E coming to an end in the near future. Anyway, they tricked Angle while, presumably Taz drove a pick up to a secret location. Angle made his way back though. The two groups would meet again...

And Now, What Everyone Has Been Waiting For:

Chris Sabin vs Bully Ray: TNA World Title Match

WOW! That's all I can really say about this. The match wasn't anything special. Very slow paced as it's evident Bully cannot perform all that well and is serving much better with his promo skills. He worked Sabin's knees over pretty good in this match. A&E came down. MEM followed. At one point, Sabin got the upper hand and nailed a missle dropkick which knocked Bully into the ref. Things broke down and after sending a hammer in to Bully, the two groups fought all the way to the back. That's where the real goosebump moment happened. Bully tries to use the hammer. Sabin kicks him and grabs the hammer. Bully goes for the Powerbomb and Sabin nails him with the hammer before the ref came to. Sabin is the new World Champion. HAIL SABIN!!!

All in all, I absolutely loved this week's episode. I had been anticipating tonight and I wasn't let down at all. Major Kudos to TNA. They pulled through big time.

I hope you all enjoyed this week's edition of Impact and this week's edition of Sudden Impact.

Thanks for reading and be safe.

Submit "Sudden Impact: Destination X: Best Episode of Wrestling This Year?" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: Destination X: Best Episode of Wrestling This Year?" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: Destination X: Best Episode of Wrestling This Year?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: Destination X: Best Episode of Wrestling This Year?" to Google

Comments

Best Wrestling Show this year? Too close to call.

The most memorable on the other hand, was the RAW after WrestleMania.
    I didn't like Destination X other than the fact of the main event win by Sabin. The rest was boring...start off with Bully Ray talking to brooke hogan and it went to a boring fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I didn't like Destination X other than the fact of the main event win by Sabin. The rest was boring...start off with Bully Ray talking to brooke hogan and it went to a boring fest.
    It did have its down moments and repetitive stuff, but it did accomplish a few things. A great moment at the end where Sabin wins the title. It also gave reasons to tune in next week which I look at as an accomplishment. At least for me anyway. Again, I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens. *I don't read spoilers so it'll all be live to me*
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    It did have its down moments and repetitive stuff, but it did accomplish a few things. A great moment at the end where Sabin wins the title. It also gave reasons to tune in next week which I look at as an accomplishment. At least for me anyway. Again, I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens. *I don't read spoilers so it'll all be live to me*
    I don't read spoilers either.
    I agree with you..it is one of the best shows in a long time...I loved all the 3 qualifying matches..I sincerely request TNA to hire Trent..he'll be a great addition...and I want to see Sonjay Dutt as X-Div Champion..it's a shame that he never won the title....(i support him not because I'm an India but because he's really damn good and never let me down when ever he's in the ring....he's one hell of a dare devil SOB)

AA vs Roode is treat to watch...what a quality match for a television show...great match..I feel Roode will win his next two matches via submission and climb back in rankings.....

All Hail Sabin!!! I liked the story telling aspect of the match..n the ending is just brilliant and poetic..Bully ray is using hammer to win all of his matches recently and he finally fell for the same hammer...Brilliant Story Telling!!

Like I said in a thread..Sabin's win has opened many options...and Sabin when ever he goes for defense people expect him to loose as everybody is hoping him as a transitional champion...that adds a sense of suspense in his matches as against norm where we already know a recently won champion generally will not lose that immediately..

Sabin vs anyone in the BFG series is mouth watering for me...I want Sabin vs Aj or Sabin vs AA at BFG!!!
    Good review a lot to like about this week's episode.

I agree, Greg Mariculoliagulaulallio or whatever he wants to call himself these days looks to have a bright future in TNA, I think if they push him now he might be in for Option C in 2014. Big call I know. Why did TNA change Suicide's name in the first place? No idea... and I agree with pretty much everything else in this blog too so kudos. Fantastic character match between Sabin and Bully - Bully really played to his strengths for that match, and Sabin deserves the win.

What would you like to see from Sabin's title reign? Something tells me it wont last long, which is a shame. I still think TNA is desperate for the A&8s storyline to have a bigger, BFG pay off... So the belt will go back to Bully, with someone turning heel and helping him win. A returning Alex Shelley perhaps? Gun vs. Gun at BFG?

It's good though that we don't know what's coming and that we are being kept guessing.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.