Be the Booker: Money in the Bank 2013
by, 06-30-2013 at 01:42 AM (4421 Views)
Welcome to my PPV prediction blog. I did one of these for Extreme Rules but I totally forgot about doing it for Payback. Now that the blog is back...and with a new name...let's get down to business.
Curtis Axel vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship: Now they obviously have to have a pre-show match, but it's sad to see Axel being apart of it since it seemed like Vince was very high on him. I really don't see this match going that long or setting up any long storyline between these two (I mean, let's hope not). Axel will win in about 8 minutes with the Perfect Plex.
Winner: Curtis Axel to retain the Intercontinental Championship
1. AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn for the Divas Championship
Yeah, this should be the pre-show match but that would just seem cruel to the once great divas division. I will say that I'm really enjoying this feud though. It's keeping the division alive in my eyes. I don't see them taking the title off of their best diva anytime soon. AJ Lee wins in 8 minutes with The Black Widow.
Winner: AJ Lee to retain the Divas Championship
2. World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Match - Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro
This match really, really intrigues me. Except for the fact of Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and Antonio Cesaro, it seems like upper management has liked everyone in this match at one point. Barrett won NXT and was an out of the gate main eventer, Ambrose is the US Champion and apart of one of the hottest acts in WWE today, Vince loves the Fandango character, and Vince was about to hand the World Heavyweight Title over to Jack Swagger at Wrestlemania 29 if he wouldn't have gotten arrested. I think though that Dean Ambrose will win with help from the other members of The Shield. This ultimately sucks though since it means The Shield won't be together for much longer.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
3. The Shield vs. Jimmy and Jey Uso for the Unified Tag Team Championships
This match will take place at Money in the Bank only because The Shield needs transition opponents. Rumors are that The Undertaker and Kane will be facing The Shield at Summerslam and that The Undertaker will want to participate. Therefore, Shield wins after a Roman Reigns spear in about 10 minutes.
Winners: The Shield to retain the Unified Tag Team Championships
4. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship
This one is a toughy. You have a newly heel Del Rio and a newly face Ziggler. What I want to see is if AJ and Big E. will be with Ziggler. Now do you let Del Rio continue to hold a title and squash the Ziggler face turn so soon? Or do you let Ziggler get revenge on Del Rio, give the fans what they want, and kick Del Rio out of the main event status? I'm going with the latter. I'm not one that likes seeing titles change hands so often but in this case Ziggler is a better champion for the WWE. Ziggler will win with a Zig-Zag in 15 minutes.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler to become the new World Heavyweight Champion
5. Chris Jericho vs. Ryback
I actually think this match has some potential. I think that Jericho could carry Ryback to a half way decent match. Jericho is going to leave to tour with Fozzy right before Summerslam so you have to let Ryback win right? The guy hasn't had a PPV win in almost a year. It doesn't hurt Jericho if he loses this match then leaves and comes back at the Rumble like he did last year. So I see Ryback winning with Shell Shock in about 10 minutes.
6. John Cena vs. Mark Henry for the WWE Championship
What? A John Cena match not going on last? Seems fishy but I'll tell you why. Even though the promos these two have had in the past two weeks were great, this is just a transition opponent for Cena. Maybe with a little more build up this match could go on last, but I just don't see it happening. I'll also let you know why this match is second to last of the night in the next match. I see John Cena winning after jumping into a phone booth, transforming into Super Cena and fighting back against the stronger opponent and hitting him with the AA for the win in 20 minutes.
Winner: John Cena to retain the WWE Championship
7. (As WWE.com calls it) Money in the Bank All-Stars Match - Kane vs. Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam vs. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Christian vs. Sheamus
This really is a match full of All-Stars. Great to see RVD returning to the WWE after a long time. I really only think RVD and Daniel Bryan could win this match. Here's why. Kane just can't hold a title anymore because of his age. Randy Orton has 2 strikes in WWE's 3 strikes and your out wellness policy so they wouldn't feel safe with him holding the title. Punk will be feuding with Lesnar this summer, Christian just isn't WWE title material, and Sheamus was just on the pre-show at the last PPV. RVD has a good shot with winning it since it's his comeback match but I don't see them rewarding him this early on. Daniel Bryan will win because he is the other, along with The Shield, hottest act in the WWE right now. Of course the match will end with CM Punk about to grab the briefcase only to have Brock Lesnar come out and F5 him. Then Bryan climbs the ladder and wins. The lasting image of the PPV will be WWE's hottest superstar standing atop the ladder, shouting yes!, and clutching a briefcase.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- I see WWE having Kaitlyn and AJ face once more at Summerslam.
- The Shield will go strong as a faction for the coming months until they attack Dolph Ziggler around, let's say, Survivor Series and Dean Ambrose sees a great oppurtunity and cashes in. This eventually leads to Dean Ambrose getting too big of an ego and Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins turn face and leave.
- The next night on Raw, John Cena will come out to address Daniel Bryan about how he will never be prone to a cash in attempt. Daniel Bryan pulls a Rob Van Dam/John Cena move and tells John Cena that he will cash in his championship opportunity at Summerslam. Daniel Bryan will eventually win the championship from Cena at Summerslam in a face vs. face match to become top dog in the WWE.
Thank you for reading. Please comment below with who you believe would win the matches and what you think the fallout from the PPV will be.